PDA

View Full Version : When what happens Baktria's Reform?

Kovoged
07-22-2008, 01:24
Ola, when what happens Baktria's Reform? I need do something?

stupac
07-22-2008, 02:15
I think Bactria's reform is tied to the vanilla march of time, you will get it once a city in italy reaches the huge size. It occurs automatically, so you don't have to do anything. I think all it does is changes your fm's bodyguards to the uber cataphracts though.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
07-22-2008, 07:15
Indeed. All you get is new bodyguards, as Baktria. And the 'reform' is tied to when the "roman" culture group (the Romani) builds a huge city in a region containing the "italy" hidden resource (which happens to be the five middle cities in Italy.

Kovoged
07-22-2008, 14:18
Sorry, I am using translator here... It lets me sees if I understood well, for do it get this reform I need dominate one of the cities of Italia and do it to carry them to the great size? It needs how many cities? Can it be that city what does it stay in an island soon next to the city of Rome?

Mediolanicus
07-22-2008, 15:17
You don't have to own the cities.
The Romani must built a huge city in Italy (other than Rome).

Then you will get new Bodyguards for Baktria.

Kovoged
07-22-2008, 16:02
Then it forgets for Me that reforms, Romani is being detonated here in my campaign.. Even so thanks.

Havok.
07-23-2008, 18:53
Then it forgets for Me that reforms, Romani is being detonated here in my campaign.. Even so thanks.

Try to add_money for them through the console, and remove money of their attackers, that should help them.

Conqueror
07-23-2008, 20:41
If he's willing to cheat just to get the reforms, then using add_population and process_cq on a Romani-held central Italian city for a few turns should do the trick. Of corse, this won't work if the Romani have been kicked out of Italy already.

Che Roriniho
07-23-2008, 21:00
Is a way we could change this, so that the cities for this would be, I don't know, Baktra, Seleukia, Babylonia, Armavir and Kophen? This would make it more relevant and player-affected.

Ludens
07-23-2008, 21:14
Is a way we could change this, so that the cities for this would be, I don't know, Baktra, Seleukia, Babylonia, Armavir and Kophen? This would make it more relevant and player-affected.

Unfortunately not. EB's custom reforms affected recruitment, but not bodyguard units. In any case, custom reforms require a building slot, but EB has used them all.

Edit: didn't the Baktrians get a cataphract reform similar to the Seleucids?

Che Roriniho
07-23-2008, 21:17
Unfortunately not. EB's custom reforms affected recruitment, but not bodyguard units. In any case, custom reforms require a building slot, but EB has used them all.

Edit: didn't the Baktrians get a cataphract reform similar to the Seleucids?

But surely the hidden resources are already there, if they're being used for this? Is there a way to move them?

Also, don't know, as I've never got far enough with Baktria to get to the reforms (got obliterated within 10 years last game. Shame, as I was going to turn it into an AAR...)

Ludens
07-23-2008, 21:23
But surely the hidden resources are already there, if they're being used for this? Is there a way to move them?

Bodyguard reforms are triggered by the vanilla Marian reforms (March of Time event), which is coupled to the Roman culture and the Italy resource. There is no way to modify this. One could off course mod the game so that the Bactrians (and not the Romans) had Roman as culture (by editing the text files this could be made invisible to the player) and place the Italy resource near Bactria, but then the bodyguard reforms of other factions would also be dependent on Bactria's expansion. Dito for the other troop types tied to the vanilla Marian reforms (i.e. the reform phalangite for Macedon).

Tellos Athenaios
07-23-2008, 21:23
Buildings not hidden resources. <_<

Che Roriniho
07-23-2008, 21:28
Sorry, my bad. Would be interesting if we could do it though, but obviusly not then. Thanks anyway!

Fondor_Yards
07-23-2008, 21:56
Baktria does not get the Seleucid cataphract reforms, I've always been able to build their cataphracts as soon as I got my MIC's high enough.