PDA

View Full Version : Query - Shrinking units

sengmand
07-22-2008, 10:54
I've tried looking but haven't found this on the forums.

Can anyone tell me why my garrisoned/field army units are shrinking by between one and five men per unit per turn when I dont have plague:skull: in the city or army?
I do have plague:skull: in my empire but on an island which is strictly quarantined. It's very annoying:thumbsdown: as I am constantly retraining units and it just goes on and on and on. Please help:help:

cassu
07-22-2008, 11:08
happend to me too when i played the Americas campaign with the Mayans, i captured one city from the enemy but for some reason i kept losing men and had to retrain every turn. There was plague in a city that was north from there but why would it effect a neighboring city?

FactionHeir
07-22-2008, 11:46
So you don't get a death stalks the land message at all at the start of a new turn (not settlement specific, but at all)?
Failing that, it could be unannounced natural disasters, but those wouldn't normally happen every turn.

Playing modded or not?

sengmand
07-22-2008, 14:54
Thanks for the reply,

Yes death does stalk the land at times but that settlement isn't listed as affected. Is it something to do with disaffection to the general because it also happens when there is no plague:skull: anywhere?

FactionHeir
07-22-2008, 15:32
Settlements do not need to be affected for armies to lose units afaik, especially field armies. The captain/general in that army would normally be listed as infected though.
Outside of that, just natural disasters unless you play some heavily modded game.

LadyAnn
07-22-2008, 16:07
soldiers may defect from unit.

Annie

FactionHeir
07-22-2008, 16:42
soldiers may defect from unit.

Annie

Are we talking about the same game per chance?