PDA

View Full Version : Creating a general

BamBamII
07-23-2008, 23:42
I would like to create a new general Using my name.... How can I do that? How can add attributes to him too...

Motep
07-25-2008, 00:37
I cannot give you screens...the computer with rtw is dead right now, and this one cannot load it.

Okay.You want descr_strat.txt in the \data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign file. This is where you will be putting your general. Look through the file, and pick a faction. Now. Take a member of that faction you dont like, and replace all references in the file to his name with the name you want. next to the name you should see a list of all of his starting traits and ancillaries. You can edit those, and his starting stats. You put in new traits/ancillaries with the files below, just pick one you want, copy the name and level, and put it here:

Export_Descr_Character_Traits.Txt

export_VnVs.txt

export_ancillaries.txt

export_descr_ancillaries.txt

I cant remember which ones you want exactly, but I think it is "expot_~~~~.txt" ones.

Refer to this link (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51376) to a tutorial by Mryddral to find out how to make the name you chose actually usable in the game.

If you still need help, pm me, and I will see what I can do for you. :bow:

EDIT: I have not had any success modding a characters children or wife, in any way. If you find out how, please let me know. Also, I have failed to put a new character from scratch. I thnk Ill try once I fix my computer...it would be an invaluable thing to know for the mod Im making.