PDA

View Full Version : sauromatae - Pastoralism vs Allied state

duncan.gill
07-25-2008, 07:31
Does anyone know whether pastoralism or having the allied state is a better form of government for the "cash cow" provinces (i.e. not likely to see any action or produce troops but just to add gold to the treasury) when playing Sauromatae? Does the cost of the general's bodyguard cancel out any benefits for the allied form of government?

Also what happens if you conquer a province with a building (say deep mines) that is not buildable under pastoralism and then install it as the form of government. Do the mines keep working? What about military installations (built under one form of government - do they operate under the new government once it has been installed)?

V.T. Marvin
07-25-2008, 07:57
It is hard to say whether the benefits of Allied government really outweight the cost of client rulerĀ“s upkeep - in am inclined to believe that they do. Especially given the fact that client ruers usually become skillfull administrators and thus generate another plus income.

As to your other questions I am more sure about the answer: all buildings already existing in a city DO continue to bring their respective bonuses (or recruitment options) regardless the change of government.

For instance it is theoretically possible to install Gov4 first, build up allied barracks to the highest (5th) level, and then tear down the Gov4 and build Gov1 (or nomadism/pastoralism in case of Sauromatae) and still have full acces to all units recruitable from allied barracks, despite the fact that the barracks themselves could no longer be built under the new government. It would be considered as exploit however and it is generally discouraged to do so.

To sum it up simply - do not be afraid to change the government according your needs. You will lose neither the mine bonuses nor recruitment options nor any other bonses from buildings already built.

Have fun!