PDA

View Full Version : introducing and a few simple questions

MorganH
07-29-2008, 20:32
WoW;this is it...this is as realistic as it gets..
Now or never"' thats what i thought,when i layed eyes upon youre mod RS

hello,Im Morgan, and im a lover of military history and playing all TWs vanilla on a daily bases for 5 years now.
Why vanilla?..,well thats because i dont know how to mod and im 2 afraid to screw my vanillas up and leave me with nothing:wall:

So my question is this:
I got RTW +BI+ Alexander installed(all vanilla)
also i got this 1 mod called NTWII installed in the Romefolder(succeeded in that by myself,lol)

Q1.do i have to erase everything from my pc to dl youre mod,?or am i good to go with this settup ?or just uninstall NTWII and then im good???
what combinations are possible?

About alexander i have to say that i got it through stream(?) and Rtw and BI in the first release boxes . Q2.So where do i keep Alexander on my pc,when i uninstall RTW and BI ????
or can i just leave it there?

so many questions and for me so difficult,im so much not a pc guy,lol

hope you guys want to help me out here,cause im sooo longing for some realistic total war experiences :2thumbsup:

many thanks in advance !
Greetings and cheers all !

Good Ship Chuckle
08-11-2008, 17:21
Your initial comments are appropriate for this subforum (the RS subforum). But your question are more just in general modding questions. Therefore, I will save myself all the explanations and direct you to the appropriate subforum.

This is the all-powerful general RTW modding forum. It is here that you can post your questions, and get the most helpful feedback.
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=73

With in the previous forum is a small introduction guide/thread to modding in general with helpful links:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51931

Good Luck!!! :dancinglock:

Squid
08-11-2008, 18:56
Q1. You don't need to touch your curret install because N2TW is modfolderdered. To install RS make a copy of your entire Rome - Total War folder (i.e. copy/paste), delete the modfolder for N2TW (you'll play it from the original location), install RS into the copy (not the original) folder.

Q2. No idea about steam, I have the disc version of Alex that came with Eras.

MorganH
08-11-2008, 21:38
ok thanks guys,thanks a lot
the backup story made sense to me
Squid,1 quicky though,can i leave Alexander in the backup???(i better get rid of Bi,ntw2 and Alex.in the backup right?)
Cant find anything about having Alexander installed in the folder,and if thats ok or not?
Sorry:shame:

Squid
08-11-2008, 21:46
If you do delete the bi and alex folders, leave their exes so you can use them if desired with RS.