PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

syct23
07-31-2008, 06:05
I'm using a gateway fx7026, I'm playing rome around 205 b.c. and I'm having CTD every three years like clock work.. is that normal for EB 1.1... i know its not my comp cause all my other games run just fine. it's not that much of a prob at the moment but it is kinda getting a little bothersome.

lobf
07-31-2008, 06:24
There's a section (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=127) for these questions, where I'm sure this will be promptly moved.

Did you install the fixes to try before posting? (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=101971)

syct23
07-31-2008, 06:52
thanks didn't mean to post in wrong place was just a bit frustrated..

cmacq
07-31-2008, 06:52
I'm using a gateway fx7026, I'm playing rome around 205 b.c. and I'm having CTD every three years like clock work.. is that normal for EB 1.1... i know its not my comp cause all my other games run just fine. it's not that much of a prob at the moment but it is kinda getting a little bothersome.

I know your answer. PM me.

lobf
07-31-2008, 07:32
thanks didn't mean to post in wrong place was just a bit frustrated..

Unfortunately you must be castrated. Strict policy.

Rilder
07-31-2008, 07:50

That or serve with the United States Gaestatae Forces.

syct23
07-31-2008, 08:08

wow so this is what the EB forums have come to.. thanks dip shits (yeah don't care if i get banned for that) i just thought more of the
EB forums

||Lz3||
07-31-2008, 08:58
wow so this is what the EB forums have come to.. thanks dip shits (yeah don't care if i get banned for that) i just thought more of the
EB forums

don't get mad... they were probably joking although lobf might have been more harsh than what he should be... lobf sometimes is a little... emm impulsive ? :sweatdrop:

I hadn't seen you around so welcome to the forums, and don't take it personal :medievalcheers:

as an advice if you post your techinical problems in the bugs and technichal help forum you'll get more qualified answers from the EB team

Rilder
07-31-2008, 10:31
I like putting humour in my posts... :P

Hax
07-31-2008, 11:16
EB forums

Yeah, and I had expected more of it too...

I didn't expect whiney WoW-playing fanboys with severe spelling disorder to come here as well.

bovi
07-31-2008, 13:39
What's up with people now? If you can't be civil, just shut up as nothing good can come from insulting people. Particularly newcomers (in both meanings; newcomers should be careful and everyone should be particularly careful not to insult newcomers).

satalexton
07-31-2008, 13:54
now now guys, we should be more friendly and help the new guy ween off his WoW addiction.

For cigs there's nico-slappers and gum; for LS and WoW there's EB!

=] let's all help him attain full EB experience.

bovi
07-31-2008, 13:58
I think the WoW thing was not directed at syct23, but rather someone else, by association to some other thread. And why are you calling him a WoW addict?

satalexton
07-31-2008, 14:09
hmmm =/ not sure there...

bovi
07-31-2008, 14:19
Then I suggest you take
If you can't be civil, just shut up as nothing good can come from insulting people. to heart.

satalexton
07-31-2008, 14:25
now now, a few kind words to the wrong person based on a misunderstanding is certainly not an insult is it? =]

certainly your harsh choice of er...vocab....*sigh* ironic perhaps?

I'll take back my words if anybody feels offended mmkay? ^^;;

syct23
07-31-2008, 14:43
don't get mad... they were probably joking although lobf might have been more harsh than what he should be... lobf sometimes is a little... emm impulsive ? :sweatdrop:

I hadn't seen you around so welcome to the forums, and don't take it personal :medievalcheers:

as an advice if you post your techinical problems in the bugs and technichal help forum you'll get more qualified answers from the EB team

Don't worry im not taking it to heart it just sucks when you really need help and people just try to mess with you, I mean if you have nothing useful to say then just don't bother.

syct23
07-31-2008, 14:52
Look I'm sorry if i came off bad but like i said i was frustrated, I'm actually not that new ether I've been keeping up with the eb forums for at least two and half years now but just recently decided to sign up.

Hax
07-31-2008, 15:01
My apologies as well.

Still, calling people a bunch of shit-heads isn't the best way to a friendly start.

syct23
07-31-2008, 15:25
My apologies as well.

Still, calling people a bunch of shit-heads isn't the best way to a friendly start.

I agree with you that's why I'm trying to put it aside, but come on messing with people isn't a great start also.. Look i just want to play EB like everyone, I know i was asking for all the CTD when i loaded EB just like all the other versions yet i like the game to much not play it with that in mind. I just wanted to know if it's normal to be happening as much as they have been or if theirs a fix....If not I'm still going to play the game ether way.

bovi
07-31-2008, 16:17
Cmaqc seems to have a solution. Otherwise, get the fixes and post in the tech help forum if you're still having problems.

lobf
07-31-2008, 18:29
Don't worry im not taking it to heart it just sucks when you really need help and people just try to mess with you, I mean if you have nothing useful to say then just don't bother.

You mean like linking you to the Bug Report forum and Fixes topic? Would that have been something useful that I could have done before cracking a joke?

Edit- And you aren't guaranteed answers by anyone. And makign a joke doesn't change the speed at which you get your answer. So chill the eff out.

paullus
07-31-2008, 20:16
Lobf, if a word isn't nice in the post, its not nice in the "edit" space either. Nice of you to offer references to helpful threads, but sheesh, a guy posts for the first time he used to be greeted with "welcome to the forum!" and now he gets (a sarcastic, of course, but still) "time to get castrated." Y'all don't have to be sarcastic to one another--no one is measuring penises on the forum, so you might as well be polite.

edit: and I forgot! syct23, welcome to the forum! that's great that you've been keeping up with EB for 2.5 years...its right at 3 years for me. I hope someone (cmacq?) can help you with your problem, and my advice is learn to read graciously.

lobf
07-31-2008, 21:11
Lobf, if a word isn't nice in the post, its not nice in the "edit" space either. Nice of you to offer references to helpful threads, but sheesh, a guy posts for the first time he used to be greeted with "welcome to the forum!" and now he gets (a sarcastic, of course, but still) "time to get castrated." Y'all don't have to be sarcastic to one another--no one is measuring penises on the forum, so you might as well be polite.

Oh please. How could anyone take a threat of castration over the internet seriously.

I am really not used to treading this lightly.

satalexton
07-31-2008, 21:22
=/ I dunno....but i think i rather get my knob chopped off than to join the United States Gaestatae Forces....

...50 years of 'minor reduction in fertility' seems a better deal than an hour of manhood....>_>