PDA

View Full Version : stay down in the shadows men! ...emm wait what the hell?

||Lz3||
07-31-2008, 22:08
Stay low men , I'm sure they wont see us and they'll think that our sarissas are only large natural sticks :smash:
https://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m334/SnAkE705/stay-frosty.jpg

phalanxes hiding in high grass?? what the hell? was that intended?

I'm not sure that a complete body of phalanxes could hide in long grass... :inquisitive:

:gah:

lobf
07-31-2008, 22:22
I thought they were resting.

Fondor_Yards
07-31-2008, 22:28
Heh pike units hiding always make me laugh. Cavalry too, since they just stand there like normal. Since those can't hide in tall grass, it must be that invisible tree bug. On some maps units can hide as if there was trees even if there aren't, like that.

Jolt
07-31-2008, 23:49
Enemy General looking in the distance: "Hey...What's that? Isn't it the phalanx?"
Enemy General's Companion: "No sir, that's a forest. Can't you see the trees?"
Enemy General looking in the distance: "Than what's that symbol in the banner in front?"
Enemy General's Companion: "Uh...That's just a warning sign saying that we'll be entering that forest. Can't you see the symbol in the banner seems like a tree?"

>_>

Spartan198
08-01-2008, 00:28
A Hide and Seek minigame in EB would be fun... :laugh4:

DaCrAzYmOfO
08-01-2008, 04:50
Well supposedly the hiding cavalry would have to be the Iberian cavalry, who could make their horses kneel down in tall grass.

The rest, IDK.

but both pikes and cavalry hiding would require a new animation....and I dont think thats gonna happen, so just use your imagination :beam:

Che Roriniho
08-01-2008, 09:47
Well supposedly the hiding cavalry would have to be the Iberian cavalry, who could make their horses kneel down in tall grass.

The rest, IDK.

but both pikes and cavalry hiding would require a new animation....and I dont think thats gonna happen, so just use your imagination :beam:

I'd volunteer, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start with 3dsMax, or even if that's the right program to use!

konny
08-01-2008, 11:02
phalanxes hiding in high grass?? what the hell? was that intended?

This seems to be a problem with the battle map: sometimes woods are not displayed as such. So your men are not hiding in long grass but are in an invisble forrest (and might be attacked by Elves :smash:). I would suggest to move phalanx to another spot in occasions like that because of the massive mali it suffers in woods.

lobf
08-02-2008, 07:22
This seems to be a problem with the battle map: sometimes woods are not displayed as such. So your men are not hiding in long grass but are in an invisble forrest (and might be attacked by Elves :smash:). I would suggest to move phalanx to another spot in occasions like that because of the massive mali it suffers in woods.

:dizzy2:

||Lz3||
08-02-2008, 07:26
Enemy General looking in the distance: "Hey...What's that? Isn't it the phalanx?"
Enemy General's Companion: "No sir, that's a forest. Can't you see the trees?"
Enemy General looking in the distance: "Than what's that symbol in the banner in front?"
Enemy General's Companion: "Uh...That's just a warning sign saying that we'll be entering that forest. Can't you see the symbol in the banner seems like a tree?"

>_>
:laugh4: that actually made me laugh for a while :beam:

This seems to be a problem with the battle map: sometimes woods are not displayed as such. So your men are not hiding in long grass but are in an invisble forrest (and might be attacked by Elves ). I would suggest to move phalanx to another spot in occasions like that because of the massive mali it suffers in woods.

did that happened in vanilla also ? cause I dont remember it :sweatdrop:

Fondor_Yards
08-02-2008, 08:50
Yea, I remember from back in my days of playing RTW online *gah! kill me before I do that again* there was a few spots on the grassy plains map that the invisible trees were.

konny
08-02-2008, 11:56
did that happened in vanilla also ? cause I dont remember it

Yep.