PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Client State

Apgad
08-05-2008, 05:24
What's the deal with becoming a client state? As Sweboz I was fighting the Romans near the Alps which was distracting me form expaned westwards like I wanted to. Then they suggested I become a client state of theirs, so I thought "why not?"

As far as i can see they took about 80,000mnai (that wasn't in the agreement), and then left me along to go on my merry way.

Not maintaining 2 large armies on my southern borders will save me more than 80,000mnai in a couple of years, and now I don't have the risk of fighting on 3 fronts at once.

Other than the shame of considering myself a catamite every waking hour (no offence to real catamites out there), what other effects does becoming a client state have? I'm presuming that I only need to rebel against Rome when my armys are ready to throw off their yoke...

muha
08-05-2008, 06:09
I was always afraid to accept it because I had no idea what it meant, and becuase the nations that offered it to me were usually losing the war.

tapanojum
08-05-2008, 06:41
I was always afraid to accept it because I had no idea what it meant, and becuase the nations that offered it to me were usually losing the war.

Same here, once I decided to allow to become a client of Rome in my game as Massalia just to see what happens. The same turn I became a client of Rome, they attacked me...:no:

||Lz3||
08-05-2008, 07:47
shame on you :no:

Live free or die trying!!!

now riders of Rohan charge!!!! :charge:
oh...wait this is EB right... >.>

:sweatdrop:

Ezephkiel
08-05-2008, 11:54
You can sometimes ask for stupid amounts of money and they give you it. Then next turn you just attack them to break the protectorate. Other than that I don't see much point in it, fun from a roleplaying point.

Megas Methuselah
08-06-2008, 02:31
:idea2:
If they don't betray you outright, you should usually automatically give your protector a large amount of cash as tribute, and from thereon give them a small tribute every turn, I think.

mlc82
08-06-2008, 11:26
They'll just turn around and attack you on the next turn anyway.