PDA

View Full Version : Debate - Conquering all regions

Uunts - a proud Estonian rebel
08-05-2008, 10:13
Hi! I was just wondering that, has anybody managed to conquer all regions and destroyed all factions; exept Papacy of course. Doesn`t the game end then???
I`m playing as the portugese and my goal is to achieve this before "the world is round" effect. Then I could concentrate on America without beeing interrupted by Eurasian wars.

_Tristan_
08-05-2008, 10:15
ATPG did it... And with some time remaining before the world is round event... Managed it in 27 turns IIRC

08-05-2008, 10:17
Was Papacy also destroyed? :yes:

_Tristan_
08-05-2008, 10:24
I think so... He conquered all 106 settlements (that leaves the New World out, i think) in those 23 turns...

You should check his sig..

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=1960049#post1960049

08-05-2008, 11:08
Still wonder about the Pope. It is said, that when you conquer the Vatican(Papal state) he moves to a random area. But when all regions are taken, it seems there are few to answer.. :beam:

_Tristan_
08-05-2008, 17:33
From what I know, the Pope will only relocate if he has somewhere to do it...

In most cases, when you are playing a Catholic, you'll be asked to give a settlement to the Pope (under threat of Ex-comm, IIRC) and he will re-settle there but otherwise if you're either Orthodox or Muslim, the Pope once gone remains gone forever...

And as you can see in ATPG post, once taken out, the Papal States faction remains gone...

Count Zero
08-05-2008, 23:35
I just finished a game as the Byzantines and have conquered every region. My diplomacy screen still shows the Papacy as an active faction. The Pope used to show up as a single stack around Rome, but I stationed an army there and kept wiping him out. Since then I have been unable to locate any Papal forces anywhere on the map but am not too fussed, at least I control the known world :beam:

08-06-2008, 11:01
Thanks guys!!! So I can understand that after conquering all you just manage your regions and start preparing for America. The game doesnt end!?

Monsieur Alphonse
08-06-2008, 11:28
Thanks guys!!! So I can understand that after conquering all you just manage your regions and start preparing for America. The game doesnt end!?

You can continue and cross the ocean to subdue the heathens. Beware of the Timurids if you haven't met them yet.

Old Geezer
08-06-2008, 13:11
You can't load elephants on a ship and take them to wow the natives can you?

Chaotix
08-06-2008, 15:43
I'm pretty sure elephants can be put on ships, just like any other ground forces... you'd just have to get them from the Middle East to the coast of Africa and Spain first.

Askthepizzaguy
08-06-2008, 17:52
ATPG did it... And with some time remaining before the world is round event... Managed it in 27 turns IIRC

23 turns.

Yes, it's easy to do. However you cannot destroy the Aztecs because you have to wait for the World is Round event.

EDIT: Thanks for editing your post, Tristan ol buddy! :grin:

Also, the key to eliminating the Pope is destroying all the cardinals (maybe priests as well) from the map. If all catholic factions are gone, and you kill the Papal Cardinal and the Pope, there are no Catholic priests remaining, therefore no cardinals, therefore no college of cardinals, therefore no pope.

Viking
08-07-2008, 14:57
The game doesn't end even when you've conquered all of the Americas in addition to the originial map. You can still play on and...uh not do much I guess. You will at least be awarded with a second victory screen.

One thing you can do is to give all your settlement to the Papacy (if you're playing as a catholic faction), and then try to take them all back by force. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? :laugh4:

https://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7298/0044tm7.jpg

Quintus.JC
08-07-2008, 15:32
I wonder what the Pope thought when you gave him the whole world.

Ramses II CP
08-08-2008, 02:01
You can, in fact, take elephants to the new world... but you don't need them. The Aztecs are pathetic, just send a cavalry stack and you can collapse their whole nation. See my Viking or TI AARs for examples. :laugh4:

As far as the Pope, you have to kill every cardinal and priest in the game (Including your own), then ice the Pope, and then the Pope screen will show 'The Papal Seat is currently empty' or some such.

:egypt: