PDA

View Full Version : how to give city to eleutheroi?

pavillon
08-05-2008, 16:16
As Romani, Im curretly occupying some cities in central Europe. Initially I did this to eliminate the Sweboz, and also because I have to raid (but no need to hold forever) some of them to fulfill the Romani victory condition (like Swebotrautastanoz). Now that the Sweboz has been competely eliminated, I want to get rid of the cities but I dont want to give/sell them to any other factions except the eleutheroi. I want them to become rebels.

However, when I let the cities happiness rating to become very low and they finally revolted, I got CTDs at the end of turn. :oops:

So... is there any safe way to make those cities belong to the rebels/eleutheroi? :help: Thanks in advance.

konny
08-05-2008, 18:00
However, when I let the cities happiness rating to become very low and they finally revolted, I got CTDs at the end of turn.

Are you playing EB 1.1 including all fixes? I thought the rebell city CTD was no more.

pavillon
08-05-2008, 18:27
Thanks for responding, Konny. Yes, I'm playing v. 1.1 with all the fixes. It was clearly a CTD caused by a rebellion because right before the end of the turn I deliberately let Vindelicoppidos to be in a very low level of happiness, and I got CTD when I end that particular turn.

I tried the second time, using cheat to reduce the city population and add some troops so that Vindelicoppidos' happiness went back to 80%, and there was no CTD, I sucessfully had another turn. So its clearly rebelion-related CTD.

But the main problem persists: how can I make those unwanted cities rebel safely and be taken by the eleutheroi? Any idea, anyone?

QuintusSertorius
08-05-2008, 18:31
Are you playing EB 1.1 including all fixes? I thought the rebell city CTD was no more.

Still happens.

You can't give a city directly to the Rebels. What you can do, assuming it's owned by the "faction owner" is cause it to rebel, with a good spy and lots of assassins.

pavillon
08-05-2008, 19:07
What you can do, assuming it's owned by the "faction owner" is cause it to rebel, with a good spy and lots of assassins.

I can easily make the cities rebel (no governor, no troops, VH taxes, etc.), but the CTD which follows the rebellion is the main problem here...

Che Roriniho
08-05-2008, 19:16
I can easily make the cities rebel (no governor, no troops, VH taxes, etc.), but the CTD which follows the rebellion is the main problem here...

What I think he means is to give it to another faction, then leave a ton of Spies in there, and eventually they SHOULD Rebel.

pavillon
08-05-2008, 19:31
Oh! Well that's an idea there... but would it not also cause a CTD once the city rebel against the "other faction"?

Ibn-Khaldun
08-05-2008, 19:40
Weird.. I have EB 1.1 and all the fixes but this have never happened to though! :inquisitive:
Perhaps only some cities can cause the problem?

QuintusSertorius
08-05-2008, 20:05
What I think he means is to give it to another faction, then leave a ton of Spies in there, and eventually they SHOULD Rebel.

No, the only way for it to rebel to the Eleutheroi is for it's "faction owner" to be holding it before - as per the descr_strat.txt for the settlement. Otherwise it will rebel to them.

For example if I give Ambrakia to the Makedonians, then make it rebel, it will rebel to Epeiros as the faction creator. However, if I make it rebel when Epeiros have it, it will go Eleutheroi.

Weird.. I have EB 1.1 and all the fixes but this have never happened to though! :inquisitive:
Perhaps only some cities can cause the problem?

I haven't found it to be a consistent bug, but it does happen from time to time.

teh1337tim
08-05-2008, 20:12
tbh its a constant bug
it will happen every time due to the script bcuz
of the scripted guard stacks to block the sweboz going 2 far into certain areas
the game will crash due to the game not knowing if to respawn the guard stacks or not

pavillon
08-06-2008, 03:35
For example if I give Ambrakia to the Makedonians, then make it rebel, it will rebel to Epeiros as the faction creator. However, if I make it rebel when Epeiros have it, it will go Eleutheroi.

The Epeiros is already eliminated in my game. I wonder what will happen if I give the cities to the Makedonians or any other factions and later make them rebel using spy, etc.... Should I try? :inquisitive:

QuintusSertorius
08-06-2008, 11:18
The Epeiros is already eliminated in my game. I wonder what will happen if I give the cities to the Makedonians or any other factions and later make them rebel using spy, etc.... Should I try? :inquisitive:

If they're already gone, provided someone else hasn't upgraded the governor's building, it'll go rebel.

Turnus
08-06-2008, 11:30
I was actually thinking of maybe making a mod that replaced the Casse with another Eleutheroi faction so that, with Forced Diplomacy, we can 'liberate' the empires of our enemies. For example, say you were at war against Carthage and you captured all of its main cities in North Africa and Sicily, you could make it give you all of its cities (apart from its capital of course) and then in turn give them all to the Free Peoples. This would mean that you wouldn't have to fight endless wars to capture the last backwater provinces of a fallen empire. Anybody like this idea?

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
08-06-2008, 17:38
But the main problem persists: how can I make those unwanted cities rebel safely and be taken by the eleutheroi? Any idea, anyone?
Just don't load the script before hitting end turn. Perhaps this will help. It definitely won't deprive your campaign of the EB-flavor to play one turn without the script.

A Terribly Harmful Name
08-07-2008, 23:24
Why don't you just hold them instead? If you can conquer all these guys by then you're already powerful enough.

Megas Methuselah
08-08-2008, 00:08
It looks ackward on the mini-map. :laugh4:

pavillon
08-09-2008, 09:22
Why don't you just hold them instead? If you can conquer all these guys by then you're already powerful enough.

Well I'm trying to recreate the boundary of the real roman empire... EB provides good opportunity to do that and also for roleplaying (my faction leader is currently Caivs Ivlivs Caesar :laugh4:)

My plan now is to corner the Makedonian to only a province (wih the faction leader and heir trapped inside) and just before I conquer them I will give all the unwanted provinces to them. I think later when I conquer them completely all of the provinces will be given to the eleutheroi. Hope it will work...