PDA

View Full Version : yay yay yay

zooeyglass
08-06-2008, 15:29
just a massive thank you to the eb team for a mod that really defies belief - finally got 1.1 on my dying 'puter (it took nearly two days all told) and it's running and i ended up spending an age deciding just which faction to play...but it's working, and i'm ever so happy. thank you!

and by the by, i think the user agreement to read more history was very apt - i will try my best. :)

Che Roriniho
08-06-2008, 18:08
just a massive thank you to the eb team for a mod that really defies belief - finally got 1.1 on my dying 'puter (it took nearly two days all told) and it's running and i ended up spending an age deciding just which faction to play...but it's working, and i'm ever so happy. thank you!

and by the by, i think the user agreement to read more history was very apt - i will try my best. :)

Do. By the way, I reccomend Baktria. Tricky, but wait till you see the Unit roster!

Maion Maroneios
08-06-2008, 20:08
Good to hear you're back and enjoying it! Which faction did you chose, by the way?

zooeyglass
08-07-2008, 02:37
Do. By the way, I reccomend Baktria. Tricky, but wait till you see the Unit roster!

weirdly enough, i chose baktria, without reading your recommendation. i like the new stripped down start, and i waded straight into AS, as I saw Pontos, Hayasdan and Pahlava all break their alliances in summer 272.

out of interest, what's the deal with theodotos baktrios being 39, and his kids being 31 and so? i'm guessing that's just because the rome system doesn't allow for any relations except direct one faction leader plus his sons/daughters at the game start?

Senshi
08-07-2008, 10:42
Exactly right ;)

Same problem with non-familiy-based factions like e.g. Rome, where a family tree actually is way off...but that are the things hard-coded ingame so you just have to imagine them the way they should be ;)

zooeyglass
08-07-2008, 11:04
Exactly right ;)

Same problem with non-familiy-based factions like e.g. Rome, where a family tree actually is way off...but that are the things hard-coded ingame so you just have to imagine them the way they should be ;)

figured...still, i guess if they made the family tree more complex it would be yet another reason for it to run slower than it already does!

i don't mind really how the tree looks, as I am far more into role-playing my generals outside of simple father-son relations. my only real pet peeve is that daughters can only be married once. Especially for a faction like the Romani, who used marriage as much as a political tool as anything else, and who were comfortable with the idea of divorce, it is a shame that if you lose a FM you can't see the "grieving" widow use her influence to gain another husband to fill the power vacuum. but hey, ya can't have everything!

Foot
08-07-2008, 11:22
There isn't just Father and Son, there is also adoption. Traits and family names are there to describe these different relationships.

Foot