PDA

View Full Version : I need help..... with playing EB

NeoSpartan
08-10-2008, 08:13
Ok fellas here is the deal:

for SP battles I don't know which faction to play as, eventhough I spent almost a month without playing EB I still don't know which faction to jump on with.

So far I've started campains with Lusotana (sp), Backtria, Ptolemoi, and AS. Yet I just haven't cought the "bug" to play any of them, and the rest are not arousing any interest.

I think is because of my last Great Gallic Campain when I was playing after inspiration in kicking Roman butt + Uniting Gaul + re-uniting the Aedui with the Galatians. I playing this for the entire time EB 1.0 was out and a month after (slow I know I don't have much time to play). But now.... I can't get exited about anyone.

Can somebody send me some vids, or some anecdotal cool stuff?????? I'll try the new EB historical battles and see if I can catch the AS bug.

p.s for all you fellas that do AARs, or are attached to a particular faction. Does this stuff happens to you???? And if it does how do u deal with it?????? Or is it just me??? :help:

Megas Methuselah
08-10-2008, 08:26
Makedon:

They have clear-cut goal of bringing Hellenism to the known world. You can start by uniting the Balkans in a bloody, decade long struggle. Afterwards, you'll have to unite ALL of Alexander's broken empire in the east, continue to India, the Steppes, even. Not quite done yet, fulfill Alexander's ambition to take Arabia. Not only this, but the Hellenic colonies in the west are probably under the ruling yoke of Barbarians, from whom you must "free," and bring civilization to said barbarians.

In other words, just take everything in the map during beatiful wars lasting centuries, and costing millions of lives in the process...
:laugh4:

EDIT: If this doesn't work, I suggest marijuana.

The Celtic Viking
08-10-2008, 08:41
If you're just looking for an alternative to the Aedui, there's a little friend of mine you could try with... you'll find him in my sig. ~;)

Personally, whenever I get a little tired of any faction, I take a break from it. I start a different campaign as some faction that is quite different in it's playing style, and try that for a while. Soon enough I'm longing to rejoin my Celtic heroes again.

Perhaps you should try a faction you've never played as (and if possible, never even thought of playing as before)?

||Lz3||
08-10-2008, 18:01
what about pahlava?? really interesting! once you get used to HA you can dominate everything ! it feels like cheating I've beaten 640 enemies with 50 HA :laugh4:

Che Roriniho
08-10-2008, 22:07
Makedon:

They have clear-cut goal of bringing Hellenism to the known world. You can start by uniting the Balkans in a bloody, decade long struggle. Afterwards, you'll have to unite ALL of Alexander's broken empire in the east, continue to India, the Steppes, even. Not quite done yet, fulfill Alexander's ambition to take Arabia. Not only this, but the Hellenic colonies in the west are probably under the ruling yoke of Barbarians, from whom you must "free," and bring civilization to said barbarians.

In other words, just take everything in the map during beatiful wars lasting centuries, and costing millions of lives in the process...
:laugh4:

Ditto what he said. One thing that Maks do need though is regional recruitment for African Elephants. They get this, and they are complete.

Ice
08-10-2008, 23:55

Why not both? :2thumbsup:

satalexton
08-11-2008, 00:41
cuz that makes him a gaesatae, and gaesatae dun play EB D=

DeathEmperor
08-11-2008, 03:29
I'm actually putting off playing a new AS campaign until I'm done with with my Makedon and Baktrian ones even though it's my favorite faction. Destroying them with those two is pysching me up for when I play as them and conquer the East and Greece.

The one thing I find annoying about Makedon are the drinking traits of the fms. They literally change every turn from hypermethykos(sp) to metriopotes and every other one without fail. The former is the most annoying since they lose 1 management and 1 command star :shame:

NeoSpartan
08-11-2008, 05:31
hum.... u guys are making me wanna do a MAK campain.

For a while I though of doing one with the Romans, but I can't bring myself to attack and destroy the Aedui. Maybe I could make the whole region gov't IV, but that still ain't right. :no:

I've played with Mak before, back in EB .74, and it wasn't too bad. I'll give it a try soon and see how I feel. In the meantime keep throwing ideas, I think I'll also try a Hydastan or maybe Pontus. I've never played any of them.

Oh about the marijuana... I think I'll pass that offer.

fenix3279
08-11-2008, 05:51

lol, more for us then ~:smoking:

Rilder
08-11-2008, 06:14
cuz that makes him a gaesatae, and gaesatae dun play EB D=

Are you sure?

Also for some reason while thinking of this I got the idea of a Gaesatae wearing a tophat and monocle.

Che Roriniho
08-11-2008, 15:16
hum.... u guys are making me wanna do a MAK campain.

For a while I though of doing one with the Romans, but I can't bring myself to attack and destroy the Aedui. Maybe I could make the whole region gov't IV, but that still ain't right. :no:

I've played with Mak before, back in EB .74, and it wasn't too bad. I'll give it a try soon and see how I feel. In the meantime keep throwing ideas, I think I'll also try a Hydastan or maybe Pontus. I've never played any of them.

I really would suggest playing as them. If you want to be clever, you can try to do what MAA did in his. Good luck though.

Also, another advantae the Maks have over Romani is that their army composition basically stays the same and they have very good cavalry, which means you end up with full gold chevron armies. Which is epic win.