PDA

View Full Version : Am I able to control re-enforcments on the battlefield?

Conan
08-10-2008, 12:17
Hi all,

After finally being able to get EB working on BI (since my RTW CD is knackered) I'm able to play an EB campaign at last for ages....

Anyhow I just cannot seem to control re-enforcement on the battle field no matter how many times I toggle the AI tick box before the battle starts its really frustrating since the AI tend too loose half my army!!!!

Hax
08-10-2008, 12:45
Go to your EB/preferences folders, open preferences.txt and replace

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE

to

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE

The Celtic Viking
08-10-2008, 12:46
Yes, you are. It's just that if you check what units are in your opponent's army after you've deselected the AI control, it will get selected again when you return to the battle screen. I'm not 100% on this, but I feel like remembering that sometimes the reinforcements have been AI controlled even when I've left the box unticked too.

What I do know with full certainty is that I have controlled my own reinforcements.

Conan
08-10-2008, 14:12
Thanks guys,

I've changed my preferences now so fingers crossed it'll work :2thumbsup:

Tellos Athenaios
08-10-2008, 14:26
Your problem has nothing to do with "computer_to_weak" (which is what the messages are called in the tags, IIRC) but everything with "RTW forgetting about human distrust of AI" or sth. No really, only checking, double checking, and yet rechecking that the box has absolutely *nothing* even *remotely similar* to a checkmark in it may help.

DaCrAzYmOfO
08-10-2008, 16:41
Yes, you are. It's just that if you check what units are in your opponent's army after you've deselected the AI control, it will get selected again when you return to the battle screen. I'm not 100% on this, but I feel like remembering that sometimes the reinforcements have been AI controlled even when I've left the box unticked too.

What I do know with full certainty is that I have controlled my own reinforcements.

Yep, its happened to me quite a few times, mostly when my stack and the reinforcing stack equal more than one full stack....

The only way to get around it is to initiate the battle screen and re-tick it, its worked for me thus far, but I wouldn't be too sure.... :juggle2:

konny
08-11-2008, 11:03

That's my experience too, even though the box is displayed as unchecked. When right clicking on the enemy army I usually check AI controll for my reinforces and again uncheck it before starting the battle. The problem seems to be with generals' lead reinforcements only.