PDA

View Full Version : experience

Vasiliyi
08-13-2008, 21:22
Does anyone know what the exact criteria for a unit to gain chevrons? Is it so after many kills? Is it biased as to where weaker units get experience with less kills and stronger have to kill more to get chevrons? Any one know how exactly it works? Thanks in advace.

Che Roriniho
08-13-2008, 21:34
It's to do with kills. every time your unit gets a kill, a 'dice' is thrown to see whether they level up in experience. The higher experience they are to begin with, the smaller the chance of the 'roll' beeing passed, as it were.

Note: I've never played D&D, but that's the best way of actually explaining it.

EDIT: if the kill is routing, only 1/3 of them actuallycount as a kioll, and go forward to the 'roll'

Onehandstan
08-13-2008, 21:34
I think it partly has something to do with kills and partly to do with how big the battle is and how long, the unit in question is in combat for.

schlappi
08-13-2008, 22:01
The number of battles must have something to do with it as well: I had a unit gaining experience after having zero kills and zero casualties.

LorDBulA
08-13-2008, 23:16
Experience is not unit attribute but its tied to each and every soldier. So unit experience is some average of experience of all soldiers in the unit.

Spvrrina Vestricivs
08-14-2008, 00:15
If memory serves, it's primarily based upon the number of kills for the whole unit, averaged out by number of kills per soldier.

There are odd times when a unit will gain experience for just being there, which I don't fully understand, unless total kills for the battle are averaged out and added to the (unit/individual) score as well.

The threshold is, if memory serves, based on a number sequence that I can't remember the name of but goes something like this: 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,etc.

Hope that helps (if I've got it right, of course).

mcantu
08-14-2008, 00:47
also, killing a routing soldier counts at 1/20 of a kill...

bovi
08-14-2008, 08:35
a number sequence that I can't remember the name of
That would be Fibonacci numbers.

Chris1959
08-14-2008, 09:20
I thought a kill was a kill regardless, hence the experiance of missle and cavalry shoots up as you slaughter routers.

bovi
08-14-2008, 10:05
Missile troops gain it faster because the enemy is less likely to rout, so they get more counting kills. Cavalry just gets such a lot of rout kills that it adds up, and also their unit size is smaller so it takes less kills to gain unit experience.

Danest
08-14-2008, 23:24
It's not the quite the same as experience chevrons, but my Casse FM's get command stars by sitting around at home doing nothing. And of course, experience can come from certain buildings too.