PDA

View Full Version : questions...

Dogukan
08-14-2008, 10:39
I play a Roman campaign in VH/H....then I read in battles enemy has +4 advantage when playing on hard. So AI does not change but the enemy are just harder to kill THAN NORMAL?

(Because I'm having hard times ....will I be stuck.I just took half of spain and whole italy and south of gaul...now fighting with Epirus(which conquered Makedonia), Carthage and Lusotona at the same time. If the Gauls come too I'll have real tough times.)
ANyway it's much more fun to win battles this way since it makes you feel the victory more...battles lasting longer...but a lot of casualties.

What about the generals without stars but have traits.....are their commands actually exist(and invisible) or they've none? I couldn't really understand the trait system...

Is it going to be hard to control cities when empire expands like in the vanilla version or the cities are easier to control? I hope they're easier because I believe it was a real time wasting trying to increase garrisons in cities faar away.
BTw I've realized that every city has unrest problem even though it doesn't effec them much....but unrest always exist why is that?

konny
08-14-2008, 11:33
I play a Roman campaign in VH/H....then I read in battles enemy has +4 advantage when playing on hard. So AI does not change but the enemy are just harder to kill THAN NORMAL?

Exactly. You should always play on M battle difficulty because the units are balanced for it and you get a good WYSIWG, that is enemy units behave as you would expect them to judging by their armour and weapons.

ANyway it's much more fun to win battles this way since it makes you feel the victory more...battles lasting longer...but a lot of casualties.

Battles are lasting longer because of the improved moral- and defence-system. You'll have the same effect on M.

What about the generals without stars but have traits.....are their commands actually exist(and invisible) or they've none? I couldn't really understand the trait system...

Generals without visible command stars don't have any. They might have other traits that boost troop moral instead. Just check out their traits. You will also notice that your troops have lesser moral (i.e. run out of supply) in enemy lands but get a boost when in their homelands.

Is it going to be hard to control cities when empire expands like in the vanilla version or the cities are easier to control? I hope they're easier because I believe it was a real time wasting trying to increase garrisons in cities faar away.

Population growth is reduced in EB, so that can make conquering in the early game a bit easyer.

BTw I've realized that every city has unrest problem even though it doesn't effec them much....but unrest always exist why is that?

That's a hardcoded unrest penality after conquest. It goes down after some time. There might also be a governer who adds unrest because of certain traits. Again: you should go through all the traits of your FMs, at least those who are assigned to govern important cities or command armies.

Che Roriniho
08-14-2008, 11:43

Yes. Which is why EB reccomeds mmedium battle difficulty.

Maion Maroneios
08-14-2008, 13:28
:dizzy2:
you get a good WYSIWG
Excuse my stupidity, but what exactly is WYSIWG?

Foot
08-14-2008, 13:36
It should be WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get.

Foot

Maion Maroneios
08-14-2008, 14:23
Aha, I see. Thank you.

Maion

Tiberius Aurelius Cotta
08-16-2008, 10:57
population growth is reduced?

i'm not finding that to be the case... +/- 213 BC and almost all my roman cities are full up...

Rilder
08-16-2008, 12:02

i'm not finding that to be the case... +/- 213 BC and almost all my roman cities are full up...

Pontos 220 BC and Sinope is my first Huge City, noticing a bunch of AI Huge cities also.

konny
08-16-2008, 15:31

Base farming much reduced in EB (from up to 12 in RTW down to usually not more than 2 in EB), that makes the difference.

Tiberius Aurelius Cotta
08-16-2008, 15:47
ah, that makes sense...

explains why i can never make farming a major part of my econ