PDA

View Full Version : Zwei handlers overprice?

salemty
08-15-2008, 03:43
hi everybody, i got a question, ive been playing as HRE and i dont understand why zwei handlers cost more than dismounted fuedal knights. i did some custom battles with on m/m with zwei handlers 1v1 with dismounted feudal knights, i had a perfect charge but the zwei handlers still got massacared. so im left to wonder why do they cost more than the dismounted feudal knights? any help would be appreciated.

khaos83_2000
08-15-2008, 03:54
To me, they just look way cooler with their huge swords than dismounted feudal knights
That justifies the cost. :laugh4:

STYLE MATTERS !!!!!! :smash:

Flavius Merobaudes
08-15-2008, 06:26
Don't they have a lower upkeep, i.e. 150 vs. 225?
Also, which version are you playing with?

Quintus.JC
08-15-2008, 10:39
In the Kingdom versions Zewihanders are much more powerful than they were in Version 1.0.
Initial cost don't really matter, it's the upkeep that matters, and Zewihander has a significant lower upkeep as Flavius Merobaudes said, plus their two-handed sword looks really cool as Khaos38_2000 pointed out. But in Version 1.0 they'll get masscred by cavalry because of certain animation bugs.

rvg
08-15-2008, 15:57
What pisses me off even more is that a rag-tag 45-man gang of criminals known as Forlorn Hope has the same upkeep cost as a 60-strong elite squad of Teutonic Knights.

Yaropolk
08-15-2008, 16:53
Historically Forlorn Hope are soldiers who volunteer to go into the first charge in exchange for promotions or high monetary rewards in the unlikely possibility of their survival.

PrestigeX
08-15-2008, 23:36
I usually never build the zwei handers because by the time I get the ability to build them, I'm already also able to get other units that suit me more..such as halberders, armoured sergeants, etc etc.

Forlorn hope tho, I definantly use because they are a "tactical squad" .. very good stats and morale, and precisely the type of unit I need to hold in reserve, until the melee is well past started, and then to rush into a gap , a flank, or possibly the rear. They will MASSACRE the enemy.

However, playing as Scotland, Highland Nobles are a VERY VERY Good choice, because . 1 - get them relatively early in the game. 2- they are inexpensive for their Value. 3 - Swordsmith guilds will start popping up in every castle you train them!.

2 hander swords excel at killing almost anything, except don't use them against archers.

They are also quite good at killing horses, IF you make sure the horses are already engaged with your spears or your calvary . Don't let them take a cavalry charge tho.

Old Geezer
08-19-2008, 14:18
I agree with PrestigeX about the Forlorn Hope and Higland Nobles. The Zweihanders were a very big disappointment (Retrofit mod). I stopped recruiting them and spammed Forlorn Hope. Missiles are about the only thing that can kill them - or an elephant stomp.