PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal with norway?

palmerc1
09-20-2008, 10:48
Hello all I am new to the forum, I hope you can help me. I have been playing as norway in the britannia campaign and a wierd thing always happens. I am doing well for about 20 turns or so and then all of a sudden my income goes from plus 1000 or so to -5000 for every turn after and I am -100000 in no time. Is this a bug? The only thing I can think of is that alot of royalty is born but it still doesnt make sense please help

Zarky
09-20-2008, 14:37
Umm, did you happen to get any reinforcements trough events?
The problem with Norway is that they got lots of troops but only few cities sometimes remote from each other and no one really likes them, expects the Scots, which you have to backstab if you want to make money, so only way to keep your income on + is to constantly raid shore cities and loot/pillage them. And that comes to quick end unless you have good castles where to retrain the damaged units.
in Britannia campaing Norway is not meant to turtle around and establish wealthy cities, it´s to take wealthy cities from others.

decimator22
09-20-2008, 16:04
Your +income I think it is because they give you a higher kings purse when your troops arrive,but after some turns it reverts and you loose money fast. As Zarky said you need to sack destroy buildings and repeat it all over Ireland and Wales or Scotland for money.

KingKnudthebloodthirsty
09-21-2008, 22:29
Guess like this is CA's way of having to recreate history. it forces the player to plunder coastal cities, just like vikings wouldve done. btw doesnt mtwvi does the same thing? never played it but i think i heard it somewhere

GMaximus
09-22-2008, 05:23
IIRC, Vikings in VI have a really bad starting income (to the point if the AI failed to get any settlements in the beginning, the Vikings would usually be pretty much out), so you could say that it does. I could be wrong, as I was never much of a fan of the expansion.

Martok
09-22-2008, 17:05
Guess like this is CA's way of having to recreate history. it forces the player to plunder coastal cities, just like vikings wouldve done. btw doesnt mtwvi does the same thing? never played it but i think i heard it somewhere
Yep. In MTW's Viking Invasion campaign, the Vikings have the unique ability to raid coastal provinces. (Which is a good thing, as the income from their starting lands is indeed very poor.) As the Vikings, one could easily build up a nice money reserve by doing smash-and-grabs all around Britain and Ireland -- provinces with abbeys in them are especially lucrative. :yes: