PDA

View Full Version : Money Goal

Noncommunist
09-28-2008, 19:32
I'm not sure if it's been done before but has there ever been a challenge for who can make the most money in the 225 turns of the long campaign? Perhaps it would be money divided by amount of territories to discourage a blitz but to encourage players to pick only the most valuable territories and then to send merchants after the valuable resources. While I currently don't have windows XP on the Mac to see how well I would do, I would like to hear how such a campaign would go and to hear advice on how to do it if I were to try sometime in the future.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-28-2008, 20:28
What a nice idea! :2thumbsup:

My suggestion for this kind of challenge is that there should be a limit of how many provinces the human player could have. Perhaps 10-20? So this means that you should use merchants to get more money.

TheLastPrivate
09-28-2008, 22:38
I wonder if there's a limit at all to florins.

Ibn-Khaldun
09-28-2008, 22:47
I doubt it.. but perhaps you can't have more than 10 million florins(You will get 9.999.999 florins instead)? I do know that you can have over 5 million though...

The New Che Guevara
09-28-2008, 23:51
I think I had ike 17 million at one point, but I cant find out, I had to reformat my computer losing the save game in the process.

Noncommunist
09-29-2008, 01:47
What a nice idea! :2thumbsup:

My suggestion for this kind of challenge is that there should be a limit of how many provinces the human player could have. Perhaps 10-20? So this means that you should use merchants to get more money.

I was thinking that dividing your amount of money by your territories would solve that problem. I guess if ATPG wins in my version, then maybe an actual limit should exist.

If there is a limit to the amount of money you can get, I guess the goal would be that you would try to get to the limit in the fewest number of turns. Like a monetary blitz.

decimator22
09-29-2008, 03:13
I still think a blitz like Grog and ATPG, will get the more money in the least number of terms, but if you include the rule of max 10-20 territories without sacking. It would make a challenge.

Noncommunist
09-29-2008, 03:52
I still think a blitz like Grog and ATPG, will get the more money in the least number of terms, but if you include the rule of max 10-20 territories without sacking. It would make a challenge.

I don't think the sacking would ever reach the limit, and also, I was suggesting that the money be divided by the amount of territories so you would have to make each territory as profitable as possible.

rossahh
09-29-2008, 06:15
You wouldn't be able to get enough money by sacking and blitzing alone. In order to get millions you would need time and infastructure supporting your efforts.

_Tristan_
09-29-2008, 08:52
You wouldn't be able to get enough money by sacking and blitzing alone.

Indeed... As shown in ATPG's blitz campaigns, a successful blitz requires major spending on units and almost or no spending on infrastructure...

The only moment the blitzer begins making money is when he has no more enemies to fight.

Zarky
09-29-2008, 13:40
Nice idea, but im not bored enough to try :D
Good idea might be to exterminate settlements and sell them away, but having too much money ends up having no governors making more money due to corruption and bad traits.

Ratwar
09-29-2008, 17:50
The only problem with dividing it by the number of territories is that it would turn into a purely 'Best' City game. For example, in my recent game as Venice, the city of Venice makes about 2,000 more than my per city average, so the most effective way for me to play the game would be just to sit in Venice making a ton of money with Crusades to increase Chivalry and Piety and never fight anyone.

Now, if we went pure money amount, yeah, I think blitzing would probably be the way to go. Think about it, after the 25 turns of blitz, you can effectively disband most military units. change all castles to Cities, and have at least 175 (allowing for a 25 turn 'refitting' period) gathering the entire map's income. Sure, it will probably be more effective to use a slightly slower blitz to keep some infrastructure, but it will be a blitz all the same.

Really, a more interesting challenge might be to create ten cities with 4000 florins of income in the shortest amount of time.

Noncommunist
09-30-2008, 20:55
I guess maybe the dividing might not be as good of an idea but what if you were limited to twenty military units so that you still couldn't blitz and you would be limited in the amount or territories as you probably couldn't keep order in all of them without a large enough military presence.

gardibolt
10-01-2008, 17:46
Really, a more interesting challenge might be to create ten cities with 4000 florins of income in the shortest amount of time.

I REALLY like this idea. :yes:

TevashSzat
10-01-2008, 20:05
Well if its just a few cities, I feel that Northern Italy or some of the Levant cities would be the easiest