PDA

View Full Version : Love shy general...

Gnostiko
10-09-2008, 01:55
I currently have a faction heir from a prestigious family, I don't know what it is about this family but they always seem to come into play with 99% useful traits and little to no flaws. Problem is, this scion seems intent on having the bloodline end with him! He's just hit 35 and and he's still unmarried, which is all the more annoying because he has the 'fertile' trait and a herbalist, but he just doesn't want to settle down, and I'm starting to lose hope. He's been a governer of a city for a long time now, but I guess he avoids parties (and brothels) like the plague.
Is there any way I could 'encourage' him to marry before it's too late for him to fire one off?
Failing that, is there some kind of file I can edit to get him married?...

We shall fwee...Wodewick
10-09-2008, 02:27
I'm not sure if you can arrange marriages. I hate it when your offspring don't get married because you end up with all these women who live into their 60s and never bag a guy.

Cbvani
10-09-2008, 03:09
I currently have a faction heir from a prestigious family, I don't know what it is about this family but they always seem to come into play with 99% useful traits and little to no flaws. Problem is, this scion seems intent on having the bloodline end with him! He's just hit 35 and and he's still unmarried, which is all the more annoying because he has the 'fertile' trait and a herbalist, but he just doesn't want to settle down, and I'm starting to lose hope. He's been a governer of a city for a long time now, but I guess he avoids parties (and brothels) like the plague.
Is there any way I could 'encourage' him to marry before it's too late for him to fire one off?
Failing that, is there some kind of file I can edit to get him married?...

Well, by the late republic the Ptolemies had difficulty producing proper heirs. So maybe this isn't quite so unusual!

My advice? Roleplay it!

Celtic_Punk
10-09-2008, 03:34
maybe hes a closet poof?
Get yerself a RBG and throw him into a bunch of lobsided battles, get a new exellent blood line, maybe even roleplay a civilwar showing how your "shy" general's bloodline finished.

Olaf The Great
10-09-2008, 06:11
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2400/2247437607_c6526e8d93.jpg?v=0

Fits perfectly here.

Gnostiko
10-09-2008, 10:38
HAHAHA! Lmao! Oh God, how appropriate! :D

Funny, as something of a roleplay joke, I moved a character who'd turned into a sex freak with the love shy general hoping some of those lascivious traits would rub off on him. So far nothing. This nympho (or satyr) showed administrative promise, so I moved him to the then-only city with the highest educational facilities to pick up some traits and the game went from Rome: Total War to Rome: College Movie - in three turns he picked up 'filthy minded, casual adulterer, drinker, fertile' and to top it off he also got a mistress and a drinking companion! I thought if he moved in with the singleton general a sequel would kick off!

Celtic_Punk
10-09-2008, 10:47
Heh! we can only hope! Find yourself a settlement with a tavern... they usually promote drunken party nights with strange women! woooooo

gamegeek2
10-10-2008, 03:34
how bout sending him up to live in my AAR?

failing that, I heard Trapezous won "hottest women on the beach", as well as being the town w. the most squatters. at least thats what Russia Almighty says

a completely inoffensive name
10-10-2008, 03:35
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2400/2247437607_c6526e8d93.jpg?v=0

Fits perfectly here.

NEW SIG!

bovi
10-10-2008, 08:04
I thought there was a size limit to pictures in sigs. There should be.

Celtic_Punk
10-10-2008, 09:01
lol, that cracked me up... im counting the hours till it gets a warning or something :chinese:
Your general knock one up yet? lul

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
10-11-2008, 00:54
I thought there was a size limit to pictures in sigs. There should be.
Indeed, that picture it way too big for a sig.

Olaf The Great
10-12-2008, 18:52
Indeed, that picture it way too big for a sig.

It is very well placed though.

Especially if the love-shy general was indeed a 40 year old Spartan

ludwag
10-12-2008, 19:16
i have had this problem before. not only with one, but with all my generals. They had been garrisoned for long time to. But suddnly they started adopting new guys, and my family three continued.

gamegeek2
10-12-2008, 19:48
put the pic in a spoiler tag

10-12-2008, 19:53
put the pic in a spoiler tag

I will probably have to if Foot gets the admins to take it down.

Gnostiko
10-13-2008, 19:44
Update: sadly the general in question passed away without producing any heirs :(
The family line itself faded into obscurity due to the 4 brothers producing nothing but girls, thus dashing my hopes for dynastic continuity...
Interestingly, the 'roomie' with the love-shy general went on to produce 4 sons himself...

Celtic_Punk
10-13-2008, 19:53
owned. i bet he hung himself knowing he'd never be such a player. rofl

gamegeek2
10-13-2008, 22:16
Historically, the Ptolemaioi and Seleukid royal families often intermarried to "keep the royal blood pure." This may have caused some problems.

Celtic_Punk
10-15-2008, 18:08
um wow... its one thing to drop a joke... thats just poor. I mean. its not even funny...

EDIT: it seems someone deleted that R-tard's post. so this is now a not required post... I'd like to take this time to add some worth then.

if your generals are not gettin their grooooove on, conquer some settlements. The ratio the game keeps is usually 1-2 generals for every province.

btw i love the darwin awards. i got a book on em :D

a kid in a bar, lost playing russian roulette with a semi auto. haha

Zradha Pahlavan
10-15-2008, 18:59
Darwin Awards, HERE WE COME!

gamegeek2
10-15-2008, 19:09
um wow... its one thing to drop a joke... thats just poor. I mean. its not even funny...

I'm not trying to joke there. I'm being serious.

If you weren't talking about my, I'm sorry.

Celtic_Punk
10-15-2008, 19:24
no somebody made some stupid spam post in all caps... i cant even remember what he wrote... it was really stupid though, hence why a mod probably deleted it.

Zradha Pahlavan
10-15-2008, 20:27
I think I sort of remember it. Would you like to remember it as well?

10-16-2008, 00:29
Post it in the tavern, I think this might be getting too off topic for the mods.