PDA

View Full Version : Eleutheroi

SwissBarbar
10-18-2008, 22:23
it seems like the eleutheroi have a certain amount of soldiers all around the map, no matter how many settlements they posess. Is that possible? because in my current campaign out of the 8 or 9 remaining near 6 eleutheroi - settlements stand armies like here.. :laugh4:

https://i35.tinypic.com/107o1sj.jpg

Ibrahim
10-18-2008, 22:50
those eleutheroi armies IIRC are to halt sweboz eastward expansio, or to delay it. so they are scripted.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
10-18-2008, 22:52
There is a script that spawns a general and his army in certain areas to keep the AI from expanding ahisotrically or just to make it more difficult for the player. When the general dies, the script thinks that he and his army have been defeated and spawns a new one, however the old army remains without a leader.

In these situations, I don't have a problem, myself, cheating to defeat all of those extra armies. Although I usually leave them and never conquer those regions to keep the AI boxed in.

Titus Marcellus Scato
10-18-2008, 23:58
It is great that all those armies are spawned - it's like the huge tribal migrations of history.

Creates a nice problem for the Sweboz and Sauromatae.

Cbvani
10-19-2008, 00:20
If you own the province, do they go away?

SwissBarbar
10-19-2008, 00:36
i don't think they go away, the didn't so far at other places. i'm looking foreward to these great battles. it's like Titus Marcellus Scato said, it's like a great tribal migration

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
10-19-2008, 04:14
If you own the province, do they go away?
They won't go away just by owning the province, but if you take the province and defeat them they won't come back.

Majd il-Romani
10-19-2008, 04:48
to the TC, why is your RTW half english half German (or whatever it is)

SwissBarbar
10-19-2008, 14:18
because i installed the english EB on the German rome-tw. switzerland has 4 national languages, why should my EB not be in 2 languages :laugh4:

The Persian Cataphract
10-19-2008, 15:21
Wow.

Pontos is looking really strong. Notwithstanding the insane Yellow fever, but I've never seen this much Pontic Purple in a good while.

SwissBarbar
10-19-2008, 16:00
yeah, and the sauromatae are under their command as a protectorate...

bovi
10-19-2008, 20:08
We do not spawn all those guys, only one stack for each settlement. The eleutheroi will build and recruit like any other faction. Most of the time they have too many settlements to build each one up to greatness, again like any other faction.

The huge armies here are probably due to their rather large garrisons being smashed around the map, so they get a surplus and recruit like mad until there is a deficiency again. After that, they will still be able to build/recruit every four seasons as they get a small injection by script at that interval.