PDA

View Full Version : You know you play too much EB when...

Pages : [1] 2

Majd il-Romani
10-19-2008, 04:31
you make topics like this (guilty)
you randomly out of nowhere shout "SIGNA FERTE!!!!!" when walking around (guilty)
in Geography class, you refer to Egypt as Aigyptos, Cyprus as Kypros, etc.
you feel like doing this :wall: when you hear someone talking about ancient Rome
you are shocked when someone doesn't know who Arisone III or Dumnorix was
when you curse at your friend in Ancient Greek, Celtic, Latin and Persian because he won you in a game of snooker (guilty)

desert
10-19-2008, 04:52
Arisone III

Ari-who? :laugh4:

Celtic_Punk
10-19-2008, 04:56
You know you play too much EB when you watch a battle movie and declare that the losing side could have easily won the battle had you been in command.

desert
10-19-2008, 05:06
You know you play too much EB when you constantly press F5 in the EB forum page to see if anyone is talking about EB.

Aemilius Paulus
10-19-2008, 05:20
you randomly out of nowhere shout "SIGNA FERTE!!!!!" when walking around (guilty)
in Geography class, you refer to Egypt as Aigyptos, Cyprus as Kypros, etc.
when you curse at your friend in Ancient Greek, Celtic, Latin and Persian because he won you in a game of snooker (guilty)

Definitely so. I often find myself doing the same!

Anyway: You know you have played EB too much once they can correctly pronounce all of the native names of the EB units.

Majd il-Romani
10-19-2008, 05:32
when you join the army and are shocked that they give you an Assault rifle, pistol, and bulletproof vest instead of a gladius, 2 pila, and chainmail

Legosoldier
10-19-2008, 06:55
you know when you play too much EB when you start acting out unit attack movements

Ibn-Khaldun
10-19-2008, 09:46
.. when you think that you have to build a fort after a days journey in fear of some celtic barbarians.:juggle2:

Onehandstan
10-19-2008, 12:41
When takj in ancient Celtic and don't realise. (buzz buzz buzz!)

Tellos Athenaios
10-19-2008, 13:12
Well I definitely know when you've seen a lot of EB: when you think, "surely, we've had at least 3 of those threads before?"

Gleemonex
10-19-2008, 17:16
When you wait to couch your lance before you pass a car on the highway.

Titus Magnus
10-19-2008, 17:21
Or when you use a pillow as a hoplon and a broom as a sarissa.(on your sister)

SwissBarbar
10-19-2008, 17:29
when you assassinate your boss lol

||Lz3||
10-19-2008, 17:32
when you start assigning people ancient greek codenames "Beta, Gamma Epsilon"
when you refer to greece as "Hellas"
You start transliterating everything on greek
you write "Arche Seleukeia" (in greek) everywhere
when you have an ache whenever you see/hear LS

:sweatdrop:

gamegeek2
10-19-2008, 17:33
When you write an AAR. Though I suppose nobody really minds :)

Onehandstan
10-19-2008, 17:48
When you meet your daughters boyfriend and send him away for not having army connections.

Ibrahim
10-19-2008, 18:17
when ye want to charge naked into a street, having taken a hallucinagetic drug:laugh4:

Valion
10-19-2008, 18:22
When you catalogue everything from city status to FM in you'r notebook(guilty) wehehe

Celtic_Punk
10-19-2008, 18:36
well at least now I know I'm not the biggest loser on this forum!
I dont catalogue EB stuff, but I do keep a captains log when I play Silent Hunter 3 :D

You know you play too much EB when you get in a fight you scream MOLON LABE! before the first punch is thrown.

Onehandstan
10-19-2008, 21:14
when ye want to charge naked into a street, having taken a hallucinagetic drug:laugh4:
That doesn't necessarily have anything to to with EB:inquisitive:

Megas Methuselah
10-20-2008, 02:18
Yeah, it does actually: Gaesatae.

Well I definitely know when you've seen a lot of EB: when you think, "surely, we've had at least 3 of those threads before?"

No kidding! I'm quite sure I posted in each single thread(including this one). Heh. Anyways, on the topic:

-You try to flank the cops chasing you in Grand Theft Auto
-You mutter "pan-do-ta-po-ee fay-lain-gi-tie" while on a public bus
-You think of every able-modied man you pass by in the street as a possible conscript for your legions, grimacing at the smaller guys, and knowing the taller ones would serve as your personal guard
-You go shopping at local thrift stores searching for a laurel wreath to wear

:clown:

desert
10-20-2008, 02:54
When you start talking about Indo-Baktria when your Global History teacher discusses British attempts to control the Khyber Pass.

Revoltie
10-20-2008, 04:05
when you correct people who say persia to say pahlava, and call them Dahae and Parni instead of pahlavans!

when you know how to say all the celtic names

ans say out of nowhere "deu-te-roi pha-lan-gi-tai" an pantodapoi.

when you try to use the thing that hold the curtain as a spear

and try to use anything as a sword xD

Apgad
10-20-2008, 04:41
You think your son is sharp/charismatic/vigorous and wonder which garrison commander you will marry your daughter off to.

SwissBarbar
10-20-2008, 05:20
if you don't leave the house with less than 2 people to cover the flanks..

if you never "attack" your girlfriend from the rear, because you don't want to make her rout across the red line you draw around your bed...

MerlinusCDXX
10-20-2008, 10:13
If whenever you see a scrawny dude at the pub, you wonder if you have the gear, money, and a spare horse to recruit him into a unit of Prodromoi.

When you begin walking, you exclaim "Taxeis".

While hiking/ walkin' around in the woods/ park your kid plays at, you scout out all the good ambush spots.

Jolt
10-20-2008, 10:28
You know you play too much EB when you revive threads which had been previously locked.

Cadwalader
10-20-2008, 11:41
I am guilty of the signa ferte part.
Also, you play too much (if that is possible) EB when you actually remember the names of units and settlements!

At least if that language has nothing in common with yours.. I don't find it very hard to remember the Sweboz' unit names.

Zradha Pahlavan
10-20-2008, 17:05
When, as you start a fight, you scream "Rabo!"

When you want to charge through the streets while mounted on an armored Armenian horse and wielding a kontos.

General Appo
10-20-2008, 18:21
When you refuse to admit the fact that there is anything such as playing "too much" EB (guilty).

Ibrahim
10-20-2008, 18:48
When you refuse to admit the fact that there is anything such as playing "too much" EB (guilty).

that kind of act is an appomination to non-EB users. I suggest you do not tell them that, or you'll get commited (to an asylum)

desert
10-20-2008, 20:54
When you measure the day with "EB Time" and "Not EB Time".

Space_Ed
10-20-2008, 21:24
When you take pride in saying 'Eqvites Romani' and 'Misthophoroi' with perfect pronunciation.

Ibrahim
10-20-2008, 21:26
When you take pride in saying 'Eqvites Romani' and 'Misthophoroi' with perfect pronunciation.

or misanthropoi?

Karo
10-20-2008, 21:46
When you measure the day with "EB Time" and "Not EB Time".

Wait there exists not Eb time :help::dizzy2:

:laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4:
OT:
When you invade your neighbor's house because he wouldn't give his daughter into marriage with your son.
Trying to steal an elephant from the zoo because you need it to invade your neighbors house.
Running naked trough the neighborhood because your Celtic army has destroyed a Roman legion.
You don't know when it's your wifes birthday but you know what is the name of every family member of your faction.
Trying to kill your son because you don't like his traits and don't want him to be faction leader.

Carthaginian General
10-21-2008, 06:58
You know you play too much when real life is a pause from EB.

chenkai11
10-21-2008, 07:17
I called myself EB slave.....

.....twice.

What should I do?

Help!

General Appo
10-21-2008, 07:54
When you physically assaults your 7 year old brother after suspecting he might have misplaced your RTW disc (guilty).

Subedei
10-21-2008, 08:26
..as soon as you exactly know "No, I cannot play this huge battle b/c the computer will crash after finishing it as I already play 2.5 hrs!":shame:

Cbvani
10-21-2008, 11:37
..as soon as you exactly know "No, I cannot play this huge battle b/c the computer will crash after finishing it as I already play 2.5 hrs!":shame:

When you play the battle anyway, crash, and then auto_calc for the result you had, even if the casualties are different.

When you load up EB, promising to play just one turn.... and thats all you can do, because you're roleplaying it and your empire is so big that it takes all your free time for just one. awesome. turn.

General Appo
10-21-2008, 11:43
When you spend 70% of turntime writing down everything remotely interesting going on in your Empire, including who births, marriages and all the dozens of people who got elected to Tribunis Militia (guilty).

SwissBarbar
10-21-2008, 13:38
if you suspect anyone wearing a hooded anorak to be a spy or assassin
if you introduce yourself with the name of the actual faction leader in your EB
if you call your favourite football team "cohors reformata" and wonder why they don't throw pila towards the enemy during the game

Majd il-Romani
10-21-2008, 23:53
when you curse at the computer for 10 minutes straight in english, arabic, tagalog, and spanish because of a CTD (guilty)
when you refer to the entire Saharan Desert as Eremos
when you become an expert on history from 272 to AD14
when you conquer the entire map, including Eremos
when you try to auto-resolve a fight IRL
when you refer to the huge european cathedral as an Awesome Temple of Jesus

Legosoldier
10-22-2008, 00:20
...you write stories of yourself fighting drugged naked men and smashing Roman skull's(guilty)

desert
10-22-2008, 03:40
When you go on a cruise and try to convince the ship's captain to keep a watch out for "Leisterion".

When you refer to insurgents as Aphistamenoi.

When you cruise down the street in search of hetairai.

Hax
10-22-2008, 15:31
When you do stuff like this:

*** Hax sets mode -o on Fizzil
*** Hax sets mode -o on Mouz|Away
*** Hax sets mode -o on aeroelastits2
<Hax> Welcome.
<Hax> This is autocracy Hax.

||Lz3||
10-22-2008, 16:25
when you understand anything hax says... :jester:

Hax
10-22-2008, 17:30
When you rampantly fight your way downstairs, past your parents/wife/children/brother/sister/hamster/police and annex the chocolate/crisps/cheese/whateverfoodhere in the name of the Glorious Arche of Makedonia/Seleukeia/randomstatehere.

Ibrahim
10-22-2008, 19:28
When you rampantly fight your way downstairs, past your parents/wife/children/brother/sister/hamster/police and annex the chocolate/crisps/cheese/whateverfoodhere in the name of the Glorious Arche of Makedonia/Seleukeia/randomstatehere.

Hax, don't tell me you did that:inquisitive:

Onehandstan
10-22-2008, 19:43
Hax, don't tell me you did that:inquisitive:
I wouldn't put it past him.

Hax
10-22-2008, 21:39
Multiple times.

This bar of chocolate is now state property of the Kingdom of Makedonia. ALL WHO TRESPASS WILL BE SHOT DOWN!

Majd il-Romani
10-23-2008, 00:43
This bar of chocolate is now state property of the Kingdom of Makedonia. ALL WHO TRESPASS WILL BE SHOT DOWN!

...guilty

Hasdrubal455
10-23-2008, 16:41
You know you're playing too much EB when....
You refuse to say Empire:Total War and say Arche:Total war. (guilty)
Or spell everything with a hard 'c' with a k.
Like you spell crude 'krude' and classical klassikal.

Carthaginian General
10-23-2008, 16:44
You know you play too much EB when you think war is good because of the war games... (guilty)

Hasdrubal455
10-23-2008, 20:27
You know you play too much EB when you think war is good because of the war games... (guilty)

Guilty.

When you prove the teacher is wrong when they say the Macedonians (no, Makedonians) had hoplites and tell the class the entire Greek names of all Hellenic troops. and the different Roman troops' names.

Taxeis Hoplitai
Taxeis Phalangitai
Prodomoi
Phalangitai
Toxotai
etc.

Rorarii
Hastati
Principes
Triarii
Equites Romani etc. etc.

GUILTY! :yes: :yes: :yes: I deserve to be shot :smg: :smg:

General Appo
10-23-2008, 21:25
when you refer to the huge european cathedral as an Awesome Temple of Jesus

Over the last 3 threads on this matter this is the only post that has actually made me laugh. Some have made me chuckle, sniggle or smile, but this is the only that has made me laugh.

When you end up having to write 2 detailed book reviews, study before a major chemistry exam and write a detailed report about the making of a mousetrapcar (don´t ask me about it) all in one night because you´ve played too much EB. (Guilty as of right now. I really should get off the internet and start writing again.)

||Lz3||
10-23-2008, 21:30
When you end up having to write 2 detailed book reviews, study before a major chemistry exam and write a detailed report about the making of a mousetrapcar (don´t ask me about it) all in one night because you´ve played too much EB. (Guilty as of right now. I really should get off the internet and start writing again.)

same... I have to finish a project in 1 hr... emm wth am I still doing here?

We shall fwee...Wodewick
10-23-2008, 22:20
When you rush and only put one "You know you play too much EB when..." because it interferes with PLAYING EB!

General Appo
10-23-2008, 23:38
Made me chuckle. Not laugh though.

When your main usage of your very expensive camera is taking photos of EB just to make sure that even if all computers in the world melt down you´ll still have some evidence of EB. (kinda guilty)

When you manage to convince that girl you´ve had your eyes on for months to come over to your place. You serve her a wonderful dinner, you charm her, you set up some really romantic lights, you play it smooth, everything is going amazingly.
She asks you put on some romantic music as she makes herself comfortable on your couch. And you put on your signed disc of Musica Romana´s Symphonia Panica, track 4 with all the heavy brass instruments on highest volume with your brand new subwoofer making the walls shake and ears shatter.

AlexanderSextus
10-24-2008, 02:41
when you become an expert on history from 272 to AD14

Extremely Guilty!!!

Celtic_Punk
10-24-2008, 06:55
Guilty.

When you prove the teacher is wrong when they say the Macedonians (no, Makedonians) had hoplites and tell the class the entire Greek names of all Hellenic troops. and the different Roman troops' names.

Taxeis Hoplitai
Taxeis Phalangitai
Prodomoi
Phalangitai
Toxotai
etc.

Rorarii
Hastati
Principes
Triarii
Equites Romani etc. etc.

GUILTY! :yes: :yes: :yes: I deserve to be shot :smg: :smg:

guity, your teacher deserves to be shot.

satalexton
10-24-2008, 08:50
dude, if i were the teacher, i'd skin u ages ago.... >_>

gamegeek2
10-25-2008, 03:09
man, I'm really guilty of correct pronunciation. We're studying Antigone in school and I can't help but pronounce the characters' names in Classical Greek and write their names in greek on the corner of my study guides because I'm bored. Every time someone pronounces "Polynices" with a soft 'c', I get a bit annoyed inside...why did the Romans replace the K with the C? If they didn't, everything'd be SO much simpler. (Then again, why'd the Greeks start writing left to right when its ancestor (Phoenician) and sister alphabets wrote right to left? Look where that's gotten us now!)

Because it might be annoying to 'normal' people IRL, I'm trying to reform this...gah! I said 'reform!' It's hopeless!

desert
10-25-2008, 03:17
You're kidding, right?! We were just reading the Three Theban Plays in Classical Literature!
Our teacher has a habit of correcting our pronounciations as well.:laugh4:

"Did you just say Cray-on? It's Cree-on. Did you just say O-edipus? It's Ed-ipus. Did you just say Thee-bees? It's Theebes. Did you just say Anti-gone? It's Antigonee."

You get the idea.:sweatdrop:

gamegeek2
10-25-2008, 03:42
[AN-TEE-GOH-NAY] is more like it, but you're really only able to pronounce it if you know a Centum language outside of the Germanic family.

I couldn't help laughing when a classmate said "Argonian" (It's 'Argive', and my teacher knew that as well). There are two Hellenic (ok, Greek) people in my English class (one was actually born in Hellas - ok, Greece), but they speak Modern Greek, which is like Modern English to Middle English (not earlier, as there were no Norman/French loanwords at that point)

Another funny thing is the stupid upsilon translation - it's like a german u (with two dots over it, as in uber), but the Romans made 'y' for the purpose of translating Y (Greek Upsilon), but they couldn't pronounce the letter, and y evolved to its modern use, the /j/ sounds (like in German 'Jungen'). Ah, stupid Latinization problems.

NeoSpartan
10-25-2008, 06:12
...when u are asking questions and modding factions in the game. Even though u don't have time to play it, and the campaign you are playing now has no involvement what so ever in the modding you are making.

(I am adding Gaesatae back to the provinces where they used to be for the Aedui and Arverni in 1.0, and my current campaign is with Backtria! And I haven't played EB in 4 days.)

gamegeek2
10-25-2008, 15:20
I haven't played EB in 4 days.

How do you do it?

NeoSpartan
10-25-2008, 20:59
How do you do it?

do what? do the modding... or manage to NOT play in 4days

||Lz3||
10-25-2008, 22:15
I haven't played in 5 weeks :cries:

Pontius Pilate
10-25-2008, 22:31
You know you play too much when the people in your dreams start moving as if in one unit and have little green arrows under their feet. (guilty)

desert
10-25-2008, 22:35
When you set up a swords-only Halo 3 match and have both teams line up and charge each other while screaming Celtic warcries.

General Appo
10-25-2008, 23:45
ARgARRAAHHAHHA!!!! Remove your sig Pontius, or you shall be the first poster ever to enter my ignore list.

Pontius Pilate
10-26-2008, 00:05
Seriously? What is wrong with my sig? Oh let me guess....Lorica Segmenta?

Aemilius Paulus
10-26-2008, 00:17
Maybe so, but it is mostly the picture. Or at least that's what I'm guessing General Appo is talking about. Having large to medium sized pictures for a signature is strongly discouraged and sometimes forbidden. Some of the people viewing these forums might still have dial-up, and that would severely hamper their loading times.

Lorica Segementata, btw, is considered to be of lower quality than lorica hamata. Many historians say LS was made to fill the loss of equipment during the Battle of Teutoburg Forest.

Majd il-Romani
10-26-2008, 00:21
when you cant bear to see the sight of LS

Pontius Pilate
10-26-2008, 00:43
Maybe so, but it is mostly the picture. Or at least that's what I'm guessing General Appo is talking about. Having large to medium sized pictures for a signature is strongly discouraged and sometimes forbidden. Some of the people viewing these forums might still have dial-up, and that would severely hamper their loading times.

Lorica Segementata, btw, is considered to be of lower quality than lorica hamata. Many historians say LS was made to fill the loss of equipment during the Battle of Teutoburg Forest.

okay I'm swapping out the picture right now, might take a few minutes though. Wait could you explain to me how lorica hamata is superior to lorica segmenta? Isn't LS a type of plate armor? Hamata can't be better than LS when up against every type of weapon right?

Aemilius Paulus
10-26-2008, 02:11
Advantages of Lorica Hamata over Lorica Segmentata:

If offered much better coverage - segmentata does not protect groin, armpits, thighs, etc; coverage was the greatest problem of LS
There were a lot of problems with LS, especially the plates falling apart due to the unreliable fastenings
One size fit almost all of the recruits
It required less ongoing maintenance, less tools, and much fewer spare parts
It was more comfortable and more flexible although heavier
It had a much longer lifespan - being able to serve many more successive recruits.
One could slit a dagger under the plates of LS - LH was impervious to daggers

Otherwise, LS seemed to be better at protecting blows. Despite this fact, for some reason most experts tend to say that LH is better.

Anyway, but spoiler tags over your Gladiator picture - I doubt you're allowed a picture that large. Also, its Roma Victrix - Roma is feminine.

EDIT: Wait, that's not from Gladiator, is it? Is it from the HBO Rome?

Pontius Pilate
10-26-2008, 02:24
Anyway, but spoiler tags over your Gladiator picture - I doubt you're allowed a picture that large. Also, its Roma Victrix - Roma is feminine.

EDIT: Wait, that's not from Gladiator, is it? Is it from the HBO Rome?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is from HBO Rome, episode #1:yes:. Great series by the way. Wait my picture is still too big? How do I put spoiler tags around it?

MY EDIT: never mind I found out how to do spoilers tags.

Gleemonex
10-26-2008, 02:49
when you cant bear to see the sight of LS

Well-played, sir!

-Glee

||Lz3||
10-26-2008, 03:38
When you set up a swords-only Halo 3 match and have both teams line up and charge each other while screaming Celtic warcries.

you're kidding me right?

I would like soo much to be on that game :laugh3:

Majd il-Romani
10-26-2008, 04:49

If offered much better coverage - segmentata does not protect groin, armpits, thighs, etc; coverage was the greatest problem of LS
There were a lot of problems with LS, especially the plates falling apart due to the unreliable fastenings
It had a much longer lifespan - being able to serve many more successive recruits.

Otherwise, LS seemed to be better at protecting blows. Despite this fact, for some reason most experts tend to say that LH is better.

I heard that Roman Scaled Armor (lorica Squamata iirc :book: :juggle2:) was actually better than both LS and LH

but back ontopic you know you play too much when you have a life-sized working ballista on your roof
when you join the army and fight nude

NeoSpartan
10-26-2008, 08:08

EDIT: Wait, that's not from Gladiator, is it? Is it from the HBO Rome?

OH sh*t here we go again :wall:

General Appo
10-26-2008, 08:12
No we don´t.

Pontius, I don´t give a rats ass how big a sig you´ve got, it´s the LS that bugs me. Bugs the hell out me in fact.
Your second pic...lovely. First one...ugh.

Aodhan
10-26-2008, 08:30
You know that you have played to much EB when you order the construction of Oppida walls around your half acre lot, when you plan a raid on the neighboring houses for slaves, and finally when you start demanding ransom from your “Civilized” neighbors.

Pontius Pilate
10-26-2008, 08:52
NeoSpartan: OH sh*t here we go again

General Appo Re: No we don´t.

Pontius, I don´t give a rats ass how big a sig you´ve got, it´s the LS that bugs me. Bugs the hell out me in fact.
Your second pic...lovely. First one...ugh.

Amazing how a piece of armor can tick you off so much General.
And such a lovely piece of armor too....~:joker: -I'm kidding, I'll stop with the LS, I mean talking about it. Unfortunately the picture has to stay.:2thumbsup:

General Appo
10-26-2008, 09:31
Seriously man, LS just look so...toyish. It doesn´t look like real armour, it look like something from a really bad Star Trek episode. LH looks like a real armour, and it looks really Roman too.
It´s not just that LS is so extremely overused by Hollywood and everyone like that, I´ve just always thought LS looked wrong, long before I learned that it actually was pretty wrong in a sense.

R-Teen
10-26-2008, 15:13
When you flank your school headmaster when you didn't arrive at school in time.
When you try to charge the other vehicles while staying in heavy traffic.

Majd il-Romani
10-26-2008, 16:52
Seriously man, LS just look so...toyish. It doesn´t look like real armour, it look like something from a really bad Star Trek episode. LH looks like a real armour, and it looks really Roman too.
It´s not just that LS is so extremely overused by Hollywood and everyone like that, I´ve just always thought LS looked wrong, long before I learned that it actually was pretty wrong in a sense.

you play too much eb when you develop this attitude to a simple set of armor...

gamegeek2
10-26-2008, 17:26
You know you play too much EB when you actually care.

General Appo
10-26-2008, 18:45
you play too much eb when you develop this attitude to a simple set of armor...

You play too little when you don´t.

Pontius Pilate
10-26-2008, 20:04

Well I think, the reason you dislike LS is, because most of the LS you see being worn is by reenactors, who probably made their own LS or ordered it from somewhere. And most of the LS made now a days is created using modern materials. The LS made today would probably look alot different than ones made in Roman times. Also, ones made in Roman times were made of iron, while today's ones are made of steel and highly polished to look very shiny. And I think the reason why you think it looks so "toyish" is because of the bright sliver shiny color. I would guess in ancient times, after a few campaigns here and there the LS would look pretty rough and worn and not so toyish. Also, iron is not as shiny as steel.

Now this is just my personal opinion but I think LS looks more solid, stable, and stronger than LH. It is after all plate armor as opposed to mail, both of which have their pros and cons, other wise the Romans wouldn't have even adopted LS in the first place. If I had to go into battle a would probably pick LS as opposed to LH.

And yes, I know LS was not used in EB's time frame and I am not pushing the EB team to put it in the game. But LS was used during the 1 and 2 centuries AD, even though the auxallires and some legions continued to use LH and even scale mail.

Hax
10-26-2008, 20:21
..when you compare the USA's foreign policy with the RTW AI.

Olaf Blackeyes
10-26-2008, 20:26
When you write an AAR. Though I suppose nobody really minds :)

This
Also when you dream of how you can figure out a better way to do acient tortures on ppl

LOL sooo hard at the LS LH argument

MerlinusCDXX
10-26-2008, 22:58
..when you compare the USA's foreign policy with the RTW AI.

sad thing about that is that the RTW AI is actually smarter.

General Appo
10-27-2008, 00:09
By comparing the USA´s foreign policy with RTW AI, you are insulting the later. Apologise.

MerlinusCDXX
10-27-2008, 02:17
Duly noted, let the record show that I officially apologize for mentioning the 2 in the same breath...besides, what has the RTW AI done to me? (apart from charging my FL straight into the front of a Phalanx...:laugh4::laugh4: )

Majd il-Romani
10-27-2008, 02:35
you know you play too much EB when you point out every single little historical innacuracy in ancient-civilization movies

gamegeek2
10-27-2008, 11:36
By comparing the USA´s foreign policy with RTW AI, you are insulting the later. Apologise.

Eh, if Obama gets elected (which I fervently hope)...

AlexanderSextus
10-27-2008, 11:58
You know you play too much EB when your friends are watching a music video that has a Julius Caesar quote in the beginning, and he says

"oh, thats gay, putting a random julius caesar quote in there."

They all start laughing, but you're all like "What the hell are you talking about, Julius Caesar was awesome, he took gaul in less th-...."

"Shut the F up dude we're trying to watch the video, nobody cares."

:wall::wall::wall: :wall::wall::wall: :wall::wall::wall: :wall::wall::wall: :furious3::furious3: :furious3: :furious3:~:pissed:~:pissed:~:mad~:mad

Matinius Brutus
10-27-2008, 13:01
You know you play too much EB when your friends are watching a music video that has a Julius Caesar quote in the beginning, and he says

They all start laughing, but you're all like "What the hell are you talking about, Julius Caesar was awesome, he took gaul in less th-...."

:wall::wall::wall: :wall::wall::wall: :wall::wall::wall: :wall::wall::wall: :furious3::furious3: :furious3: :furious3:~:pissed:~:pissed:~:mad~:mad

Sadly, I know exactly what are you talking about! They all say gay first thing when they hear his name- the rest is unimportant. If only I had a sword, I could show them! :whip::whip::whip::whip:

Andronikos
10-27-2008, 13:03
...you read mostly history books and even those for AAR research.

(I am guilty of some previously mentioned, but what made me laugh most was stealing food in the name of my favourite faction by Hax, I do it so often...)

Mulceber
10-27-2008, 14:10

Now, you see, if that happened to me, those people wouldn't be my friends anymore... -M

Ibrahim
10-27-2008, 16:07
you know you play too much EB when you point out every single little historical innacuracy in ancient-civilization movies

guilty of that..

then again, I've been doing that since long before EB, so it could be a natural trait.

Hax
10-27-2008, 16:39
Trait: Plays too much EB.

General Appo
10-27-2008, 20:30
Effects: +10 Awesomness

AlexanderSextus
10-28-2008, 10:35
Now, you see, if that happened to me, those people wouldn't be my friends anymore... -M

They aren't!!!!

General Appo
10-28-2008, 12:26
Well, Julius Ceasar is a bit gay. Vercingetorix, now that´s a real man´s name.

Celtic_Punk
10-28-2008, 14:12
i did that before EB...

damn straight!

Matinius Brutus
10-28-2008, 14:31

And who kicked whose ass?

SwissBarbar
10-28-2008, 15:07
Julius is not his first name, its his family name :whip: no one would call him Julius Caesar

Lovejoy
10-28-2008, 15:27
When you name your cat Nizagan-i Eranshahr :P

(when you know what Nizagan-i Eranshahr is:D)

General Appo
10-28-2008, 15:59
Julius is not his first name, its his family name :whip: no one would call him Julius Caesar

What, Gaius is better? That´s like, Gay Us. Which sounds really gay. Yeah. Go Gauls! Go soap!

SwissBarbar
10-28-2008, 16:14
actually in his time, in the hellenic/roman culture it would even not be a shame to be gay..

but gjc was a womanizer !!! the only gay thing he ever did, was f*** the gauls a**es :laugh4: :laugh4:

General Appo
10-28-2008, 16:33
Untrue, it would have been extremely shameful for a Roman to be homosexual. Would have been looked down upon in most Hellenic cities too, for that matter.

But yeah, it´s amazing how lots of young people use the word gay as just any derogatory term. Well, not as much amazing as sad.

SwissBarbar
10-28-2008, 17:05
what about paiderastia f.e.

Hax
10-28-2008, 17:09
What about that King of Bithynia?

General Appo
10-28-2008, 17:30
Yes, and the fact the good old Gaius through his entire life got mocked and insulted for that supposed incident should tell you a little something about how the Romans looked on homosexuality. True, they were a lot more liberal about it then say 19th century Britain where even a rumour could ruin your entire political career, but it was far from open practice or anything.

Ibrahim
10-28-2008, 17:39
well, it wasn't that Caesar was gay at all; the problem was apparently that he recieved the King of Bythinia, not the king of Bythinia recieving Caesar, the bad thing being that Caesar was supposed to dominate the passive, not be one, as he was a roman male "aristocrat". the pajoritive terms used by the romans (usually derived from greek), origionally referred to those who were passive parts in the acts. just look at the terms Pathicus, or Cinaedus. also, a good reading of Catullus should tell you plenty.

and gaius is pronunced guy-oos (oo is short u).

Gleemonex
10-28-2008, 17:43
Yes, and the fact the good old Gaius through his entire life got mocked and insulted for that supposed incident should tell you a little something about how the Romans looked on homosexuality. True, they were a lot more liberal about it then say 19th century Britain where even a rumour could ruin your entire political career, but it was far from open practice or anything.

Then why did the ridicule only flourish when he was making political enemies? And how much of the ridicule was from the mere act of homosexuality, rather than the idea of a proper Roman envoy 'bottoming' to a foreign puppet-king?

-Glee

EDIT: Bugger[1], Ibrahim beat me to it.

[1] Pun Fully Intended

General Appo
10-28-2008, 18:40
Ibra, have jesting been completely lost on you? I know how Gaius is pronounced, and I don´t think Julius Ceasar is a gay name, and I couldn´t care less if it was.

SwissBarbar
10-28-2008, 18:48
- i know i play too much EB when i spend the afternoon with a discussion about the gay or not gay-ness of Caesar or any other ancient person :laugh4:

note: apart from that i believe that anybodys sexual orientation has no influence on his ability to win battles, conquer gaul, beeing a reformator or having a great character

General Appo
10-28-2008, 19:00
Hey, I didn´t even knew that was what we were discussing. And yeah, I don´t believe so either, I was just jesting about Alex S´s buddies who called the name Julius Ceasar gay.

Ibrahim
10-28-2008, 19:08
@ Appo: you're such an easy target for me jokes today:laugh4:

first at the EB2 forum, now EB1's?:inquisitive:

this is cause for concern.:no:

Gleemonex
10-29-2008, 01:35
- i know i play too much EB when i spend the afternoon with a discussion about the gay or not gay-ness of Caesar or any other ancient person :laugh4:

Touché!

Majd il-Romani
10-29-2008, 02:48
when you speak ancient greek, latin, celtic, and persian fluently and expertly just because you play the damn game so much (somewhat guilty)

chenkai11
10-29-2008, 05:27
While playing, your medium infantry holding the line against heavy infantry, shrinking from 5 men deep to only 2 men deep, then your cavalry is still trying to get in position to charge in. You shouted, "hold!!", "Stay in the line!!".

Aemilius Paulus
10-29-2008, 05:55
While playing, your medium infantry holding the line against heavy infantry, shrinking from 5 men deep to only 2 men deep, then your cavalry is still trying to get in position to charge in. You shouted, "hold!!", "Stay in the line!!".

Yeah, I tend to do that too. While my cavalry is coming to rescue my poor bloody infantry, I keep mumbling "steady", "steady", steady, steady!"~:)

Wausser
10-29-2008, 08:15
yeah and scream at them when they don't do the things I tell them :beam:

SwissBarbar
10-29-2008, 08:50
yeah and scream at them when they don't do the things I tell them :beam:

:laugh4: :laugh4: :laugh4: guilty

"idiots, is that what you were trained for?"

General Appo
10-29-2008, 09:33
Argh, guilty. In my latest Hayasdan campaign during an extremely vital battle my Armenian Medium Spearmen started routing despite outnumbering and outclassing the enemy, with cavalry on the way to crush the enemy flanks. "******* cowards!!!, what the **** are you doing!!!!"

Socy
10-29-2008, 18:25
When you try to "/autowin_attacker" on exams and homeworks.

When you try to use "Forced Diplomacy" on parents/siblings/people in general.

Damn, if these cheats only existed in real life...

Iraklis
10-29-2008, 18:35
When you "repeatedly" turn a History Of Art class into a student / teacher debate on military and political goals of the ppl you are studying at the time (very, very guilty)

Ibrahim
10-29-2008, 20:10
When you "repeatedly" turn a History Of Art class into a student / teacher debate on military and political goals of the ppl you are studying at the time (very, very guilty)

you fellows need to do what I do: let 'em drown in their stupidity.:clown:

AlexanderSextus
10-30-2008, 00:08
you fellows need to do what I do: let 'em drown in their stupidity.:clown:

Teach me your methods, oh wise guru! :beam:

Aemilius Paulus
10-30-2008, 00:32
There is not methods in that. The art teachers can drown in their own stupidity without any outside help. Just like my middle-school art teacher, who seriously thought that Guernica was A-bombed, which is why Picasso chose this event as the setting for his famous painting. She was very well-versed in art and art history, but just not in the real-world history.

General Appo
10-30-2008, 00:39
Just like my middle-school art teacher, who seriously thought that Guernica was A-bombed...

:inquisitive:

That´s just.....fail :thumbsdown:

General Appo
10-30-2008, 09:18
...When after you wake up 30 minutes later than what you set the alarm to you beat up everything in your room and remains pissed the entire day for missing valuable EB time. (kinda guilty)

Ibrahim
10-30-2008, 15:06
Teach me your methods, oh wise guru! :beam:

Aemilius summed it up perfectly. of course, you can always feed them false information-further drowning them, but I'm a laissez fair thingy guy.:clown:

Codyos Vladimiros
10-30-2008, 22:20

note: apart from that i believe that anybodys sexual orientation has no influence on his ability to win battles, conquer gaul, beeing a reformator or having a great character

I had a dream about EB last night...

I dreamed I had to do a presentation about the Teutoberg Forest battle, and for it, I had to recreate the battle, using EB. Furthermore, there was a group of Sweboz attending the conference, or rather, were TRYING to attend the conference. Nobody could understand them, and they were threatening to kill everyone unless they were let in. So, I had to speak to them in Proto-germanic, and explain the situation, whereupon they calmed down, and actually helped me with the presentation.

:dizzy2:

||Lz3||
10-30-2008, 23:37

I dreamed I had to do a presentation about the Teutoberg Forest battle, and for it, I had to recreate the battle, using EB. Furthermore, there was a group of Sweboz attending the conference, or rather, were TRYING to attend the conference. Nobody could understand them, and they were threatening to kill everyone unless they were let in. So, I had to speak to them in Proto-germanic, and explain the situation, whereupon they calmed down, and actually helped me with the presentation.

:laugh4: I think you might need to lower your dosis of EB

Gleemonex
10-31-2008, 00:00

[Bill&Ted]

Tewtally excellent, proto-Germanic dudes!

*air guitar*

[/Bill&Ted]

Cbvani
10-31-2008, 00:35
You don't browse the EB forums enough when you bring up a Lorica Segmentata thread. Of course, browsing means not playing. (Guilty, for the EBII forums. My bad, foot!)

When part of your morning routine before going to work/school/playing EB is checking these forums to see what people are saying.

General Appo
10-31-2008, 00:39
:laugh4: I think you might need to lower your dosis of EB

I beg to differ. The Sweboz guys were good, but the fact that RL still appears in his dreams means he´s not quite there yet. There of course being that happy place of bliss and ignorance when EB is your entire life.
Come, join me.

SwissBarbar
10-31-2008, 11:41
hehe, ok, dreaming in proto-germanic is definitely a warning ^^

NeoSpartan
10-31-2008, 15:08
I cannot believe you MOFOS!!!!!!!

none of you have stated the #1 trait of someone who plays to much EB!

Make your own EB costume for Halloween!!!! Mine is in progress:
https://img50.imageshack.us/img50/199/img0406dt6.th.jpg (https://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0406dt6.jpg)

I'll be this fella:
https://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8598/lusloricatiicaetratiisd8.th.gif (https://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lusloricatiicaetratiisd8.gif)

but I'll use this one's tunic:
http://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/image/iberian-falcata/iberian-falcatas.jpeg

I still have to finish the helmet (which came out a 'lil too big), shield, sword, and armor.

But if it is too cold out (looks like it might hit 32F, 1C) I'll have to wear some trousers and long sleeve shirt. :wall: underneath it.

General Appo
10-31-2008, 15:17
Brilliant! I only have like 24 hours to do it, but I shall make myself look like one of these guys.
https://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/GeneralAppo/sweboz_skaduganganz.gif

Only without the loincloth....oughta scare the kids.

SwissBarbar
10-31-2008, 15:41
loooooooooooooooooool, yeah, let's all go as naked spearmen

NeoSpartan
10-31-2008, 19:06
U still gotta make the shield and the spears. Those take some time.

The Gaesatae version is made difficult due to the helmet, which can't buy for cheap and need to make. The sword can by any plastic large sword but just cut the handle a little.

General Appo
10-31-2008, 22:39
Meh, I´ll just take a long, thin, round stick thingy (my dads bound to have one) and attach the blade of a kitchen knife to it. Then I´ll just take some random board, saw it round and paint some wierd symbols on it.
Then I´ll roll around naked in some real dark mud and maybe color myself a bit if needed, and I´m ready.

desert
10-31-2008, 22:42
Halloween is already well underway where I'm at. My math teacher dressed as an irrational number. :clown:

Hax
11-01-2008, 01:15
..when you tend to correct people that Halloween is actually Samhain.
<_<

desert
11-01-2008, 02:11
When you tell people that Samhain, Samon, Cheimon, and Hammana all sound similar.

gamegeek2
11-01-2008, 03:57
When you correct people that the root of "fraternity" is Latin, not Greek.

Maeran
11-01-2008, 18:11
..when you tend to correct people that Halloween is actually Samhain.
<_<

The Neo-pagan 'alternative' types also tell everyone this. But they look at you funny when you talk about Teutatis or Cernunnos.

General Appo
11-01-2008, 18:20
That´s because they´re Neo. I´m ultra-conservative when it comes to religion. As in, if someone asks me about it, I say "ugh" and hit him with my club.

Cbvani
11-01-2008, 19:32
That´s because they´re Neo. I´m ultra-conservative when it comes to religion. As in, if someone asks me about it, I say "ugh" and hit him with my club.

Ultra conservative indeed. I don't like neo-pagans much, all the ones I've ever met have far more neo in them than pagan.

Hax
11-01-2008, 20:51
I know a few lot. Some of them also think that Germanic and Celtic is the same, and that "Celtic" is a religion, and not a race. I wanted to stab that guy.

With a spear.

When you tell people that Samhain, Samon, Cheimon, and Hammana all sound similar.

Actually, the pronounciation of Samhain is something like "SAAH-wèñe"

Pontius Pilate
11-01-2008, 21:59
You know you play EB too much when you start talking about :skull:Halloween:skull: in the Eb forums.

desert
11-01-2008, 22:00
Still fairly similar.

gamegeek2
11-02-2008, 01:24
You know you play too much EB when you dress up as a historically accurate hoplite (not guilty, don't have the money...)

Majd il-Romani
11-02-2008, 06:00
when you refer to your local parish/priest/imam/rabbi as an oracle or a seer

Strategos Alexandros
11-02-2008, 18:29
When you shout in Celtic at the screen while playing on COD4.

Gleemonex
11-05-2008, 04:38
...you buy a helmet (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109395) specifically to play EB.

-Glee

desert
11-05-2008, 04:43
When you vote for your favorite faction leader in the United States National Elections.

Celtic_Punk
11-05-2008, 05:02
When you shout in Celtic at the screen while playing on COD4.

guilty as charged. i only know one though. Foc il leat. I'll leave it to you to figure it out.

gamegeek2
11-19-2008, 21:17
When you're caught by people muttering "Lochos, eperchesthe!" to yourself (guilty)

Legosoldier
11-20-2008, 02:05
You know when you play too much EB when... you bump threads such as these just to tell ppl when you know you play too much EB.

gamegeek2
11-20-2008, 12:25
exactly

Intranetusa
11-20-2008, 21:28
I consider my history professor an idiot...mainly because he:
1. Suffers from a disease known as Roman-worship
2. Stereotypically refers to all the Gallic/Germanics as smelly barbarians
3. Suggested that the Egyptians were all black due to Sickle Cell Anemia...(which is a trait against mosquitoes, even Italians have it)
4. Said that the college campus belonged to black people since slaves built it...wtf

The last 2 has nothing to do with EB, but I mentioned it anyways to show his idiocy

Megalos Danielos Psychopatos
11-20-2008, 21:41
When U try to complete Agoge training and become Spartiatai:embarassed:...

Pontius Pilate
11-20-2008, 21:50
I consider my history professor an idiot...mainly because he:
1. Suffers from a disease known as Roman-worship
2. Stereotypically refers to all the Gallic/Germanics as smelly barbarians
3. Suggested that the Egyptians were all black due to Sickle Cell Anemia...(which is a trait against mosquitoes, even Italians have it)
4. Said that the college campus belonged to black people since slaves built it...wtf

The last 2 has nothing to do with EB, but I mentioned it anyways to show his idiocy

I can't really find anything wrong with #1.

desert
11-20-2008, 23:17

NERDSTRIKE!

Heterozygosity for the sickle-cell anemia allele provides immunity against malaria. :smash:

Intranetusa
11-21-2008, 01:10
I can't really find anything wrong with #1.

I like the Romans myself...5/7 of my campaigns in EB have all been Romani. But if you met my prof and hears the way he talks about Rome..you'd understand. He has this mentality that everyone compared to the Romans are inferior and have no culture.

NERDSTRIKE!

Heterozygosity for the sickle-cell anemia allele provides immunity against malaria. :smash:

jah, tis what I said. arrr

Maeran
11-21-2008, 01:29
So, he's spent so much time studying Romans that he thinks like one?

Perhaps he too has spent too much time playing EB.

I must say that after nearly 2 years playing EB, a disproportionate amount of my book collection is now made up of classical authors. Livy, Polybius, Cicero, Caesar, Sun Tzu (er yes, really) would have been much less likely to have reached my shelves otherwise. And Goldsworthy would not even have been on the radar.

Intranetusa
11-21-2008, 01:40
So, he's spent so much time studying Romans that he thinks like one?

Perhaps he too has spent too much time playing EB.

I must say that after nearly 2 years playing EB, a disproportionate amount of my book collection is now made up of classical authors. Livy, Polybius, Cicero, Caesar, Sun Tzu (er yes, really) would have been much less likely to have reached my shelves otherwise. And Goldsworthy would not even have been on the radar.

lol, if he played EB, then I think he would start respecting other civilizations besides the Romans. He'd know that the Gallic kingdoms weren't just a bunch of smelly barbarians after his full stack of Polybian-era Principes gets massacred by silver chevroned Avernai elites.

Sun Tzu? Make sure you get the "actual translated version" - not the abridged version, which is often pathetically reduced to a collection of stupid fortune cookie quotes.

Maeran
11-21-2008, 02:16
By accident I actually have two versions of Sun Tzu's Art of War (and also Macchiavelli's Art of War, which is horrible in the retrospective picking the wrong horse as it were and favouring sword and pike over gunpowder, but also suitably classical in his copying of the infuriating form of 'dialogue' in which the author has some fictional character espouse his views and another set of fictional characters sychophantically agree. This mode of literature is copied from Plato's "Republic" and Cicero's "On Old Age" and "On Friendship." No doubt there are many more of these examples of a form of literature that leaves me exasperated that I cannot join that dialogue myself to provide some real argument against the idea being put forward.)

Long digression aside. One version has a Chinese text alongside what seems to be an abridged translation. But my favourite of the two is Ralph D. Sawyer's translation which seems complete (or longwinded) and better yet, has a fascinating historical introduction covering Chinese warfare from the Shang to the Chin as well as commentary on the text.

This is a region and field of history for which I am otherwise ignorant, so I cannot say just how good it is. But it seems pretty good.

satalexton
11-21-2008, 03:16
i'll tell u what's better =P learn chinese and get teh full juice of it xD

Intranetusa
11-24-2008, 00:33
i'll tell u what's better =P learn chinese and get teh full juice of it xD

Naw man. You gotta learn one of the archaic Chinese languages, which is what they spoke back then, I believe. But Archaic and Middle Chinese are dead languages, like Latin. :/

Gleemonex
11-24-2008, 01:21
Naw man. You gotta learn one of the archaic Chinese languages, which is what they spoke back then, I believe. But Archaic and Middle Chinese are dead languages, like Latin. :/

The grammar and pronunciation have evolved significantly, but the Chinese characters were standardised by Qin Shi Huangdi (the emperor who first unified China) around 220BC, and had been quite stable since the Zhou Dynasty a thousand years prior. It remained virtually un-changed until Simplified Chinese (ptui! :thumbsdown:) in the 50s. And the 'etymology' (graphology?) of the most common characters is taught in general education here, going back to pre-historic petroglyphs.

Basically "The Art of War" is be about as readable to a modern Chinese speaker/reader as Shakespeare is to a modern English speaker/reader -- although spoken Shakespearian English would be much easier to follow than spoken Ancient Chinese.

-Glee

Celtic_Punk
11-24-2008, 05:08
You know you play too much EB, when you think it'd be cool to beable to make small talk in latin.

Pontius Pilate
11-24-2008, 05:11
when you start talking about Chinese grammar and pronunciation.

a completely inoffensive name
11-24-2008, 06:34
when you start correcting people on ancient history in RL.

AlexanderSextus
11-24-2008, 07:17
when you start correcting people on ancient history in RL.

When you start correcting your ancient history TEACHER on ancient history, in RL.

:yes:

Megas Methuselah
11-24-2008, 07:57
When you start to regularly correct AlexanderSextus on his faulty statements of ancient history. :beam:

11-24-2008, 08:10
When you start to regularly correct Methuselah that he is not nobility.

Oh wait, that is when you know you are on the EB forums too much. My bad.

:clown:

julius_caesar_the_first
11-24-2008, 09:26
You know you play too much EB when:
1. You have an exam in one day but you play EB instead of studying (GUILTY)
2. There are only 8 hours to the same exam but instead of studying your busy reading AAR's (GUILTY)

Maeran
11-24-2008, 16:25
That really is playing EB too much.

Good luck with the exam.

Hax
11-24-2008, 16:37
At least he has chicken EB.

julius_caesar_the_first
11-24-2008, 17:20
At least he has chicken EB.
I don't get it.:shame:
Or was that not meant for me?

Majd il-Romani
11-24-2008, 17:25
when on halloween, some kid dresses up as a roman soldier and you say
"no no no! This is leather, legionnaires wore chainmail! And what is up with this gladius! It is waaay to long, are you trying to be a celt? And where is your shield and pila... etc

everyone
11-26-2008, 18:19
oh no I find myself mumbling stuff like "signa ferte" or "milites mouete" (and some others which I do not know how to spell or transcribe) when ordering units to move while playing EB; or sometimes mumbling that for no reason

satalexton
11-26-2008, 19:00
...when u start digging through livy and polybius to write your little story about makedonians against roman dogs...

Intranetusa
11-26-2008, 19:35
You know you play too much EB when:
1. You have an exam in one day but you play EB instead of studying (GUILTY)
2. There are only 8 hours to the same exam but instead of studying your busy reading AAR's (GUILTY)

well, EB helped me pass my history essay.

TruePraetorian
11-26-2008, 19:52
When you skip sexytime to conquer the Arvernii.

Celtic_Punk
11-26-2008, 20:25
When you start correcting your ancient history TEACHER on ancient history, in RL.

:yes:

When I was in school I did that before I found EB

gamegeek2
11-27-2008, 04:44

We need a poll - is this too much EB?

Cute Wolf
11-27-2008, 11:25
You feeling a pity for the Kardhastim, since if it you who replace hannibal at zama, you'll surely win...

We shall fwee...Wodewick
11-27-2008, 17:08

The most hardcore gamer on here so far! Personally there's a line. You just get her to RP then you get the best of sexy world and ancient world!:clown:

IrishHitman
11-27-2008, 19:53
The most hardcore gamer on here so far! Personally there's a line. You just get her to RP then you get the best of sexy world and ancient world!:clown:

It's called do both!

Joszen1
11-28-2008, 08:00
@gamegeek2, My vote in the pole is that this is too far, but then no one has a girl like mine!:beam:

julius_caesar_the_first
11-28-2008, 11:54

Now that truly is playing too much EB.

everyone
11-28-2008, 15:22
I know I play too much EB when I decided to create a trait in Export_descr_character_traits that helps me label which of my FMs or generals are useless fellas who are useful for nothing except an extra unit of heavy cavalry (and I have many. gah. :wall: )

Legosoldier
11-28-2008, 21:53
If you know you're playing EB to much then you haven't played EB enough.

Ibrahim
11-28-2008, 22:31
you know you had too much EB when crooks in "world's dumbest criminals" are labeled "Uirodusios", "Tindonitae", "drapanai", or "Gaesatae". e.g:

1-some black guy charges a daycare center naked, taking 3-4 taser hits to knock him out.:clown: (gaesatae)

2-two men shop for beer naked (no, they bought it legally-they're just naked). they even picked up a girl-big bits perhaps?:clown: (Uirodusios)

3-an angry lancastrian (PA) rages ike a tindonitae in a grocery store, because he has no smokes:skull:

4-a woman gets debloused in imitation of the drapanai...

5-a man charges at you with a mop, as if it were a falx.

6-some jacka** tries to rob a bank naked (Uirodusios rigt there)

Beefy187
11-29-2008, 02:30
Now that truly is playing too much EB.

No sir.. That is a true man :laugh4:.. Skipping sexy time for Arverni..You have my respect dear sir.

||Lz3||
11-29-2008, 03:04
when you keep visiting this thread :sweatdrop:

everyone
11-29-2008, 16:30
when you call your computer a 20-watt-lightbulb for being unable to run EB and paint at the same time. or is that for reading the org too much?

Cute Wolf
12-01-2008, 06:59
My current condition...

If you will face a national competition on chemistry science in 5 days ahead, you must make 4 paper of chemistry subjects for this competition, and you still play EB 3 hours a day, and still had the time to write in this forum:dizzy2::dizzy2::dizzy2: (VERY GUILTY)

A Terribly Harmful Name
12-01-2008, 07:02
When you realize it's 4AM and you want to play more. Eventually it will be 7AM and you just wished the night could be longer.

Novellus
12-03-2008, 03:21
When your classwork regularly has ancient soldiers sketched on the borders (my Spanish worksheets regularly have triremes and hoplitai sketched in).

everyone
12-03-2008, 16:03
you mean something like this?
https://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/greatkuningaz/ebonnotes.jpg
I doodled this on the bottom of my notes, since there were around 15 more lines to doodle on.
I think the phalanx guy looks limp.

Ibrahim
12-03-2008, 16:11
I doodled this on the bottom of my notes, since there were around 15 more lines to doodle on.

nah, he's just fine. Argyraspid, right? or is it klerouch?

everyone
12-03-2008, 18:01
I think he looks more like the Argyraspides, though I forgot to add a cape.

General Aetius
12-03-2008, 20:19
LOL dude, I also sketch all over my school work:beam:

TheStranger
12-04-2008, 08:19
You know you play too much EB, when you start to "flank" people when you're walking through the city because they're too slow.

Novellus
12-05-2008, 01:00

Yeah, something like that. Here's what happened to my Spanish stuff:

https://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l454/ttp091/thIMAG06681.jpg

So much for Spanish class...:smash:

(Sorry, my scanner broke, so I had to use a low-quality camera.)

Celtic_Punk
12-05-2008, 05:54
you know you play too much eb when you discuss which unit is dipicted on a school note doodle.

Badg3r
12-06-2008, 18:45
this game is like changeing all of the settings on your phone in to spanish to try and learn another language
the only problem is that you probably never have to use the words "inbox" or "contacts" when ordering a meal in Barcelona.
it's the same with this, you might leard how to speak a variety of ancient, nolonger used languages, but even if they were still used in places like Italy and Greace, you probably would have little need for the ancient greek word for Citadel Baracks.

Celtic_Punk
12-11-2008, 12:47
You know you play too much EB when you know the word for Citidel Barracks in Punic, Latin, Ancient Greek, and Persian(?)

V.T. Marvin
12-11-2008, 13:12
this game is like changeing all of the settings on your phone in to spanish to try and learn another language
the only problem is that you probably never have to use the words "inbox" or "contacts" when ordering a meal in Barcelona.
it's the same with this, you might leard how to speak a variety of ancient, nolonger used languages, but even if they were still used in places like Italy and Greace, you probably would have little need for the ancient greek word for Citadel Baracks.

True, but on the other hand, when I saw "PEZOI" on every pedestrian crossing in Athens, I was unable to stop musing about EB to that extent, that I was almost overridden by a passing car on at least one occasion...:sweatdrop:

Also all sorts of "ETAIREIAs" (Companies) on various billboards instantly evoked a vivid picture of galloping unit of "Somatophylakes Strategou" in my mind sometimes mixing strangely with that nice ancillary girl...:charge::belly:

I really do not play EB too much, I just think about it all the time...:embarassed:

P.S.-Still no use for "theureoporoi" or "mistophoroi toxotai kretikoi" not to speak about my favourite "daha baexdzhyntae" yet.

Aemilius Paulus
12-11-2008, 14:18
you know you play too much eb when you discuss which unit is dipicted on a school note doodle.

Hehe, so I am far from the only one to doodle EB in school... My favorite units to draw are Principes (Camillian), Hoplitai (Greek Classical Hoplites) and Iberi Scutari.

miotas
12-13-2008, 13:21
when you know its actually GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR and that it has to be in upper case

satalexton
12-13-2008, 17:48
when you shout in glee everytime a roman gets skewered by a sarissa

Skullheadhq
12-13-2008, 22:32
when you know its actually GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR and that it has to be in upper case

Actually... it's CAIUS IULIUS CAESAR
No G in ancient roman alphabet. Gotcha!

(...Guilty?) xD

Novellus
12-13-2008, 22:49
You carry a yardstick and are tempted to throw them like javelins, pretending to be a peltast.

Guilty

:charge:

Olaf Blackeyes
12-13-2008, 22:52
You carry a yardstick and are tempted to throw them like javelins, pretending to be a peltast.
Guilty

:charge:

NOT TRUE TILL U THROW IT!!!!!!!
lol

Aemilius Paulus
12-13-2008, 22:58
Actually... it's CAIUS IULIUS CAESAR
No G in ancient roman alphabet. Gotcha!

(...Guilty?) xD

I believe EB uses Classical Latin (however, not quite sure). Anyway, Gaius was the transliteration.

Skullheadhq
12-13-2008, 22:59
well thats what i meant with ancient roman alphabet.its classical latin yes. but there is no g in that!

miotas
12-14-2008, 03:05
well maybe at the beginning of eb's time period but i thought that for most of eb's time period they had a G, and it was definitely there by caesar's time. feel free to correct me if im hopelessly wrong, ive been in that position most of the time ive been playing eb, especially in regards to the "barbarians".

Skullheadhq
12-14-2008, 10:12
C whas the commonly used letter in Latin. G was invented by an FREEDMEN (not even a roman citizen, even former SLAVE!) and little people used it. so it would be CAIUS IULIUS CAESAR.

Olaf Blackeyes
12-14-2008, 10:14
:laugh4::laugh4:Will noone say this or do i gotta scream it? Ok then asd they say on Robot Chicken...

NERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk

Skullheadhq
12-14-2008, 10:30
:laugh4::laugh4:Will noone say this or do i gotta scream it? Ok then asd they say on Robot Chicken...

jk

HAHAHAHA, You're writing an Swezboz AAR and you are calling us nerd!:rtwno::drama2:
and now :focus:
ps: AAR writers don't be cross with me aye?

Havok.
12-16-2008, 23:53

jk

lmao

Havok.
12-16-2008, 23:55

LMAO!
LOL!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
*Points and laughs*
ROLF!

12-17-2008, 04:04

EB fans have sexytime?

jk, jk.... :laugh4:

Cute Wolf
12-17-2008, 06:09
EB fans have sexytime?

nope, for some geeks, better plays EB...

:wall:

Dayve
12-17-2008, 07:17
EB fans have sexytime?

jk, jk.... :laugh4:

I know i haven't had any sexytime since EB was made available. Not because of EB... it's just the way the cookie has been crumbling.

Onehandstan
12-17-2008, 18:58
When you get a washing line pole (you know, the ones to stop it sagging) and cannot resist holding it as if you are in a Makedonian Phalanx (I think it's Makendonian, please correct me, the one with the really long spears.)

Skullheadhq
12-17-2008, 20:25
When we are discussing sexytime of EB players!

Novellus
12-17-2008, 22:54
NOT TRUE TILL U THROW IT!!!!!!!
lol

I did throw them. They never came down from the top of the pine tree in my front lawn!

Maximus of Phoenicia
04-04-2010, 14:53
When u mix up between galician and galatian(guilty)

Fluvius Camillus
04-04-2010, 15:19
Wow I remember this thread, you really braved yourself deep in the crypts of this forum to bring it back among the living.

Well I say something on topic now I'm here:

When you know you have to do a lot of homework but keep checking this forum. (guilty)

~Fluvius

Maximus of Phoenicia
04-04-2010, 15:24
That makes two of us.

EDIT: You know you play too much EB when you revive a thread that was dead for the last 2 years.(Guilty)

Brennus
04-04-2010, 15:24
When you have transformed into such a Celto-phile that your body is tattood with Celtic patterns and your hair is only a few centimetres from your nipples (guilty)

Teucer
04-04-2010, 15:27
... When your girlfriend is studying for an exam on Hellenistic history, asks you about Alexandreia-Eschate, and you tell her you just conquered it... (guilty)

Maximus of Phoenicia
04-04-2010, 15:30
:laugh4: nice one

Brennus
04-04-2010, 16:10
... When your girlfriend is studying for an exam on Hellenistic history, asks you about Alexandreia-Eschate, and you tell her you just conquered it... (guilty)

Excellent.

Hannibal Khan the Great
04-04-2010, 16:21

You know she plays EB too much when she knows what Alexandreia Eschate even was.

Teucer
04-04-2010, 19:40
hehe... I wish. As it is, she just gives me funny looks for playing too much. At least she's a Classicist and understands the appeal.

anubis88
04-04-2010, 19:52

EPIC...

Mine doesn't get EB at all... I can only play it when she's out, or alse i'm risking her being in a bad mood for the whole day!