PDA

View Full Version : Too Few Offices gained??

Valion
10-23-2008, 16:04
Hey there guys!

as you all know i'm playing as the Romani and the year now is 263BC. Its been 4 years since any of my FM got a office the last was Cotta as a military tribune then no more:no: Even Blasio my hasent gained anything for 7 years now, i thought if you'r FM's had a good amount of Influence(which mine has) they'd get a position from time to time but it's not happening:wall:

What can i do to get my FM into more offices? i like role-playing the game so not having my FM in office for this long is kinda sad er annoying:wall: I even have 3 FM as Optimas.

Thanks!

We shall fwee...Wodewick
10-23-2008, 16:40
Influence I believe is the key to offices, and is also the reward of offices. The thing I hate is when you adopt someone at around 30-40, they don't have any so you can never develop them properly like 16 year olds. I'm not if it's possible, but could you give mature adoptees (just invented a word) some basic traits like quaestor, or senatore or tribunis?

Valion
10-23-2008, 17:59
My Faction Heir has an influence of 10 yet no office yet.. my other 2 patricians have 7 and 6 influence yet again no office.
I never adopt anyone! ...it ruins the bloodline >.<

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
10-23-2008, 18:20
Roman offices aren't exactly that easy to get in EB. At the beginning, most of the senate will be non-player-characters (everyone in Rome not represented in the family tree). But in a late game when you have dozens of family members, you'll get offices easy enough.

Valion
10-23-2008, 18:32
Ah ok thats somewhat reasuring., since i never adopted anyone my current 4 FM have 16 children Lol.

konny
10-23-2008, 19:27
Influence I believe is the key to offices, and is also the reward of offices.

(Save for the Consul) influence and age are the only requirements to offices.

For example, in 263
- Cotta would be 25, and Military Tribune is in fact the maximum he could have achieved then.
- Blasio already starts as Praetor, so he could only advance one more office (Consul)
- Asina has just reached the age to become a Praetor (he already starts as Aedile)
- Scipio could have at maximum became an Aedile

Havening not many "promotions" in 263 is nothing unusual. Later it will be much, much, more. Cotta for example starts with a -3 penalty to influence as a Plebian, but in all my games he managed to make the cursus honorum at least to Praetor without much trouble. The two Scipios usualy always become Consuls. After their death I usualy have Cotta and an early in the game married or adopted character as the leading figure. So, be patient and play on.

The thing I hate is when you adopt someone at around 30-40, they don't have any so you can never develop them properly like 16 year olds. I'm not if it's possible, but could you give mature adoptees (just invented a word) some basic traits like quaestor, or senatore or tribunis?

No, because they are only "mature" because they get this trait when entering the game. There is no way to detect the real age of an adoptee or suitor by the trait file. To prevent from 16 year old Quaestors they all have to enter the game with no offices achieved. I would suggest to not axcept suitors over 30.

We shall fwee...Wodewick
10-23-2008, 22:25
No, because they are only "mature" because they get this trait when entering the game. There is no way to detect the real age of an adoptee or suitor by the trait file. To prevent from 16 year old Quaestors they all have to enter the game with no offices achieved. I would suggest to not axcept suitors over 30.

I know, but I usually try to accept ANY adoptee that is "sharp/charismatic/vigorous" as they are the cream and I'm forced to use them to father the next generation(who will no doubt end up as fat idiots with the charisma of dining room set!). Mind you, I now understand why they can't get those traits. Cheers Konny.

Reno Melitensis
10-24-2008, 18:19
Late in the game when you have 30 or more family members "sharp/charismatic/vigorous" will not matter that much. I try to accept FM on their name ( if I have a dozen or so Cornelius Scipio and Fabius Maximus I drop him, and age preferably between 16 and 25). Its 158 in my currunt Roman campaign, and my previous year consul was in Iberia. In that same year an Aediu full stalk marched from Avaricum, and as I had only one full legion in Italia they captured Mediolanum. In that same year I had 3 Consuls. Two where in Iberia and had quite a lot of influence, and the third one!. Well its seemed to time that the Ai senate responded to the Gallic invasion my electing a new consul in Italia, Gnaeus Aurelius Cotta. He was elected to all previous magistrate posts, had never been at the wars, was sharp, uncharismatic and dull, with only a few influence. But for capturing Mediolanum, defeating the gauls and sacking Avaricum he got a Triumph:2thumbsup:. Thats why I like EB, it was an amazing event. But as said above late in the game magistrate post will be awarded to a lot of you FM, patience is the key.

Cheers.