PDA

View Full Version : My spies keep dying..

Hybr1d
10-27-2008, 23:02
I've pumped out about 25 spies to go into the surrounding rebel cities and into the Averni/Audei cities ( I'm the Romans ) and not one succesfully got into any of the cities... NOT ONE! I remember playing Rome vanilla and it was much easier to get a spy in a city, and while playing EB it seems like it's impossible for spies to get into cities and even assassinations seem harder. Anybody know what i'm talking about?

Tristuskhan
10-27-2008, 23:09
Train them on rebel captains first.

Hybr1d
10-27-2008, 23:21
I shouldnt need to train them on captains first, it shouldnt be impossible to get a spy into a city.

Lovejoy
10-27-2008, 23:26
Why wouldnt you need to train them first? This isnt vanila so dont expect it to play like it. In EB you need to train your spies in your cities before sending them out on missions. Just like you need to train your generals.

And its NOT impossible to get spies into cities. In my pahlava camp i was able to revolt many cities with my spies. And I had no time to train them. So I think the problem is that you need to be a better player really.

Hax
10-27-2008, 23:39
Yeah. Let them train on smaller agents and stuff first. Settlements were usually pretty well guarded, and you could not expect a novice to sneak his way into a city (especially not on the border provinces of an enemy nation).

If you have a one percent chance of success, just don't even try. It's pretty likely there's another spy in their settlement.

Foot
10-27-2008, 23:54
Or train him in a city with a high level academy. That should sort you out with a decent first-timer.

Foot

Hybr1d
10-28-2008, 00:34
Ok how should I train ? Are captains andd generals good practice?

Aemilius Paulus
10-28-2008, 02:08
Or train him in a city with a high level academy.

That helps?!? I thought only the markets (the high-tier ones) had influence on the spy/assassin traits. Is it really true that academies help?

gamegeek2
10-28-2008, 02:35
Same as Aemilius

craziii
10-28-2008, 02:43
this is eb, keep them in your cities to gain skills. training them on small rebel stacks also works. same with assassins.

||Lz3||
10-28-2008, 04:29
this is eb, keep them in your cities to gain skills.

I have lived in lies... I though only by sending them to missions they trained

konny
10-28-2008, 12:23
I have lived in lies... I though only by sending them to missions they trained

Nope, they start as "raw recruit" and after spending some time in a settlement with the right buildings they get the "trained" trait. The same is with diplomats and assasins.

Cullhwch
10-28-2008, 18:39
You could nerf the AIGovernor trait. At present, AI FMs get insane bonuses when it comes to public and personal security, among other things...