PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone triggered Augustans legitimately?

Chris1959
11-04-2008, 11:17
After meeting the requirements of date, provinces, type II govts and the man himself has anybody out there had the Augustan reforms trigger without altering the script etc?

And if you did was there a delay between getting an Augustus FM and the new units being available?

||Lz3||
11-04-2008, 17:51
Scandinav who post here often (well not that often) and is a friend of mine has , he reached 14 ad , no CTDs

he played a fully historical campaign for Rome (that is using force diplomacy and child caring the other factions too)

and yes he got his augustans legally:2thumbsup:

Onehandstan
11-04-2008, 18:43
What does Augustan do?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
11-04-2008, 19:37
I got there in v0.80.

Once your Augustus is faction leader, the new units will come immediately.

The Augusutan reform changes the legionary units, and gives you two auxilia infantry and a new auxilia cavalry.

General Appo
11-05-2008, 07:45
I got Augustus but the Augustan reforms. How? Well, after a over the top fast campaign in 1.0 I had all the requirements for the Augustan reforms in...sometime around 220 BC, and a sometime around there I got an Augustus too.
Problem is, it´s about 100 years left until the reforms can hit. I´ve been trying to play that campaign every now and then, not expanding, just holding the VC´s. It´s fun, especially after I took all bordering provinces and gifted them to an ally or neutral. Baktria has like 6 provinces near Syria and Babylonia.

Chris1959
11-05-2008, 09:38
Like Skandinav I'm playing a somewhat historical campaign and I'm now at 99BC, I've got the character and the province requirements, but when the Old Leader dies, in battle, I get the Augustus trait but no reforms. Prior to this I had the trait but not the provinces and when I got them, again no reforms so I went back to do it as I now have.

I personally feel it's OK to get these reforms this early as I feel that as the Romanii player you run 50-70 years ahead of history because you don't have to face the political upheavals and civil wars that really occured.

Wausser
11-05-2008, 13:55
I don't have them (yet) but I'm gonna get the reforms with my current campaign(the only problem is that I just had the Polybian :beam: )

Chris1959
11-05-2008, 15:29
Would you believe it, I had and now I've lost them!!!

After much trawling the forum, I believe there may be a problem in the script recognising type II govts. So I went into the script and changed the no from 54 to 45 loaded up a game, faction leader dies, Quintus Sabinus becomes Quintus Augustus no reforms hit end turn, bingo the Imperial reforms!!

Now I want to apply this to an earlier game so I quit go back to script change 45 to 35, reload and no reforms!!
No matter what I've done since, going back to where I was no reforms:furious3:

sgsandor
11-06-2008, 23:54
I have always editted my files to get them so sadly no i never reached the reforms legitamitly(sp). But I still enjoy the game and those units and look foward to the day i can say i really did get them legit according to the orginal script.

Maeran
11-07-2008, 01:20
I don't have them (yet) but I'm gonna get the reforms with my current campaign(the only problem is that I just had the Polybian :beam: )

Keep that optimism. I've never even got the Marian reforms legitimately (well, I've fulfilled every requirement and waited ten years before editing the script).

Wausser
11-07-2008, 07:56
Keep that optimism. I've never even got the Marian reforms legitimately (well, I've fulfilled every requirement and waited ten years before editing the script).

I will, but I shouldn't forget to back up my eb save game when my new computer arrives...

Barry Soteiro
11-08-2008, 18:18
I've managed to get them without cheating, I will try to show you a screeshot !