PDA

View Full Version : From Invasio Barbarorum with love :)

draek25
11-07-2008, 12:16
Hi modders of the greatest Rome total war mod.I am from Invasio Barbarorum mod team a mod created for barbarian invasion.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=113 is our link.
I couldnt find the right person to pm so i posted a topic if you dont mind.:2thumbsup:
I want to say we are impressed with your large walls made for barbarian cities and want to include it in our mod ofcourse with your permission and credits.We believe our mod which focuses on barbarians will be more visually enhanced with your walls.Thanks and good luck on your work.I always keep a eye on you.:laugh4:

draek25
11-07-2008, 14:00
I treated kind and gentle in all ways and made a request.Will some modder in this forum answer me please?We will release our mod shortly.Thanks for your understanding.

Maion Maroneios
11-07-2008, 14:04
Just be patient, draek25. Someone will come over and answer your request, don't worry about it.

Maion

Foot
11-07-2008, 14:13
draek, we have taken the request and are discussing it internally. We will let you know when we have an answer.

Foot

cmacq
11-07-2008, 14:38
Das ist ja, am interessantesten. (Indeed, that is most interesting)

CmacQ

Wausser
11-07-2008, 14:49
seit wann sprechen wir hier Deutsch?

:beam:

draek25
11-07-2008, 15:07
draek, we have taken the request and are discussing it internally. We will let you know when we have an answer.

Foot

Oh okay.Thanks.

Maion Maroneios
11-07-2008, 15:09
Das weiβ ich nicht :-P That's about all I remember from my 3 years of German classes:laugh4:

Maion

zooeyglass
11-07-2008, 15:42

Foot

do the EB team get asked often for a lot of their stuff to be used elsewhere? it seems with such a comprehensive and detailed mod that a lot of their information would be in high demand....

SwissBarbar
11-07-2008, 16:02
wow, hier sprechen ja viele deutsch ^^

-Praetor-
11-07-2008, 17:02
Das weiβ ich nicht :-P That's about all I remember from my 3 years of German classes

Maion

Hehehe, selbst für mich. Auch: "Kinder, die arbeiten waren eine katastrophe" (Und das war nach jede prüfung).

When the team arrives at a desition, the answer will be communicated privately. Be patient.

Anastasios Helios
11-07-2008, 17:51
I used to play alot of Invasio Barbarorum last year...that's a good mod.

Long live Byzantium!

Pontius Pilate
11-07-2008, 21:37
Yeah I have Invasio Barbarorum too. It's a pretty good mod, one of my favorites. (EB is my top favorite). IB is very historically accurate, more than vanilla BI and it's pretty fun too. The sound-mod is a must have though, really improves the atmosphere.:2thumbsup:

||Lz3||
11-07-2008, 21:37
I still can't update BI since I installed alex first :wall:

Pontius Pilate
11-07-2008, 21:42
hey ||Lz3||! That's funny, we both posted at the same time, look at posts (16:37). looks like I beat you to it by a fraction of a second though.

Cadwalader
11-08-2008, 00:16
I always seem to get lots of CTD when I play IB. Lots.
That doesn't mean it's not an excellent mod, though.

Ibrahim
11-08-2008, 00:25
I always seem to get lots of CTD when I play IB. Lots.
That doesn't mean it's not an excellent mod, though.

just play without the script...

(4tpy is still a must though).

ludwag
11-08-2008, 00:53
I think EB and IB should cooperate. EB need more modders, and IB need their skill

machinor
11-08-2008, 01:19
Wann ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?... Ja, Beyerhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput. :laugh4:

We shall fwee...Wodewick
11-08-2008, 01:42
Wann ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?... Ja, Beyerhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput. :laugh4:

:hmg::hmg::hmg::hmg::hmg::hmg::hmg::hmg:

:laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4:

cmacq
11-08-2008, 02:24

Entschuldigung; immer, beim vorbeigehen schaut man mindestens et cetera, dann ist es, Englisch über alles? Noch, diese Invasio Barbarorum Mauer-Sache, ist ja sehr faszinierend? (Sorry; however, in passing it draws attention [one at least sees] and so on [in Latin], so then its, English over everything [implied-in the world]? Still, this IB wall-thing, is very intriguing indeed.)

CmacQ

chenkai11
11-08-2008, 03:11
IB is one of my favourite mod second to EB. Last time I check, IB crashes were improved. I think IB needs some more touches to perfect the picture.

EB and IB cooperation? I doubt it. But if they would, that would be great. Besides, the two mods are in different era and don't have any direct competition.

draek25
11-08-2008, 08:51
IB is one of my favourite mod second to EB. Last time I check, IB crashes were improved. I think IB needs some more touches to perfect the picture.

EB and IB cooperation? I doubt it. But if they would, that would be great. Besides, the two mods are in different era and don't have any direct competition.

Well our mod team lost many members but still there are good modders.And if you check the pages there will be a lot of brand new features ( new forts,map,units,interface and voicemods for late roman latin and huns ).IB 7.03 with soundmod included doesnt reported to have lots of ctds.As ibrahim mentioned above maybe disabling the script could be a solution but the script in soundmod is pretty stable too.We hope the upcoming version of IB 8.0 will be a nearly perfect picture despite our team got very smaller we work hard to reflect the era accurately.
And all the mods i think are brothers.We are in no competition with anyone.After all these mods are not made for money.Amateur will and joy is the main source.Sharing is good i say :laugh4: The total war mods feed from each other.Because everymod has strong and weak points.
Sorry for the long post:oops:I couldnt help myself:laugh4:

machinor
11-08-2008, 19:16
Entschuldigung; immer, beim vorbeigehen schaut man mindestens et cetera, dann ist es, Englisch über alles? Noch, diese Invasio Barbarorum Mauer-Sache, ist ja sehr faszinierend?

CmacQ
Ok, also dein erster Beitrag auf deutsch war definitiv besser. :p

cmacq
11-08-2008, 20:08
Ok, also dein erster Beitrag auf deutsch war definitiv besser. :p

German, Latin, English; a rose by another name is all Greek to me, and I care not which is undeniably better; with that twist all puns intended. However, the thought of late barbarian walls are worth the bother, I suppose??? Rather than nitpick, can anyone please provide one example of defensive architecture located east of the Rhine and north of the Danube, built within the IB time frame, other than those constructed by the Latins or Greeks. Please no Dacian hangers-on, as well.

Although not restricted to this setting, herein, lays the true nature of this brand of barbaric beast. Beware this is of course, a trick question, and...

...yes, it will be on Mondays test.

CmacQ

Wausser
11-08-2008, 20:46
cmaq, didn't you notice my smiley? :P

cmacq
11-08-2008, 21:04
cmaq, didn't you notice my smiley? :P

I try hard not to notice the smileys. Yet, I fear that in German my bad jokes, are not so good. Actually, my jokes in English aren't that good either.

Anastasios Helios
11-08-2008, 21:42
I'm going to download IB again... :)

Ibrahim
11-09-2008, 00:26
I'm going to download IB again... :)

wait till IJ 3.0 comes out, or IBFD 8.0 (same team made both BTW)

the Arabs will be worth playing, and the romans and sassanids are way better looking

blitzkrieg80
11-09-2008, 03:48
German, Latin, English; a rose by another name is all Greek to me, and I care not which is undeniably better; with that twist all puns intended. However, the thought of late barbarian walls are worth the bother, I suppose??? Rather than nitpick, can anyone please provide one example of defensive architecture located east of the Rhine and north of the Danube, built within the IB time frame, other than those constructed by the Latins or Greeks. Please no Dacian hangers-on, as well.

Although not restricted to this setting, herein, lays the true nature of this brand of barbaric beast. Beware this is of course, a trick question, and...

You imply interest and observation of the area by contemporaries, which we know for fact there was not, so other than random and sparse archaeology, how would one ever know? were those people similarly lacking culture which sprang from hidden sources or was the continually Romanocentric world just not paying attention?

I am sure you're well aware of this stuff, CmacQ, being as versed as your are to and fro... fun links just the same

http://www.viking.ucla.edu/hrolf/archaeology.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biskupin

I know these don't count, concerning timeline, but I don't care ~;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danevirke
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offa%27s_Dyke

cmacq
11-09-2008, 04:32
Barbarian-Wall-Thingy

Point well taken, yet quite unintentional I assure, as I stumbled upon this little gem while researching the Lugi. Actually, I didn't want this kind of result; not in the least, but there's the rub. Once the cat's out of the bag a bit difficult to ignore, or harder yet, ask it to climb back in. Still, I tripped over this because of the method used, investigating each aspect of a culture, as a seperate component. For example; within a given settlement system I look at site functional and structural types. In the area under consideration, both past and present, lots of archaeological work done looking for large fortified Late-Roman Period preeminent settlements, (there seems to have been an inherent desire on the part of fledgling nation states to make that perceived connection), but no such luck. There were, and seemingly still are, apparently none to be found in the area ascribed above. Although, of course no lack of earlier Pre-Roman fortified and relatively aggregated settlements.

With roots in a local expression of the Late Bronze Age Urnfield Culture, this is a pattern that fully emerged in south central Poland around the Late Bronzǝ/Early Iron transition. Over time it spread north, east and west to eventually included most of central Europe, outside first the dominant local Early Iron Age expression (which was both aggregated and fortified), followed by Hellenic/Celtic (again aggregated and fortified), and later the Latin (even more aggregated and very much fortified) spheres. Initially, the pattern seemed to have spread with greater speed to the east as far as what is now western Russia, than it did north, and slower even more to the northwest. Within this region and time frame, residential settlements were typically small dispersed hamlets. Right, there were large regional settlements, that we could call town-like? However, these were rather dispersed indeed, lacking significant evidence of aggregation, or any form of defensive architecture whatsoever.

Initially this finding seemed all very strange, as we all know from historic accounts (Latin based) that internecine warfare, periodicaly spotted by larger conflicts, was relatively epidemic. Defensive architecture would have proved useful, no? Yet it seems they went another way. To me clearly, not a matter of lacking any technological means, nor the result of a small regional population as demographics and historic reference indicate otherwise. Rather, a subtle yet very well conceived defensive strategy; possibly? Again within the area of concern, the use of defensive architecture seems to have returned sometime in the very late 6th or early 7th century, with the initial recovery in the West. Overall, this is why the temporal setting of the links posted fall on either side of the phenomenon. Also the formerly ubiquitous Pre-Roman hill fort continued in use in the Balt area (of course, for very good reason, this excludes the Prussian area).

In certain areas, there is evidence that earlier Celtic fortifications (hill forts) were reused as farmsteads. This possibly in much the same fashion that the ruins of 13th or 14th century Saladoian settlements, in the central uplands of Arizona, were used by Athabasca or Pai peoples (not particularly native to the area although the PC may argue [wrongly] otherwise) in the 18th and 19th centuries. However returning, in fact the late Roman Period population in the area of interest, for the most part, seemed to have avoided these often very large fortified, yet ruined loci. Again, I digress.

As it is an extremely pervasive pattern, and appears to define much of the organizational/political aspect of Europe outside the Roman sphere, I don’t fully understand why this issue hasn’t been addressed, to any great extent by those in the eye of the hurricane. But as we all know, this is not the specific area of my personal expertise, but then again, it might have something to do with the archealogical data being in French, German, Polish, and last but not least Russian. It just thought all those Archa-euro-types naturally understand each others lingo, cause they live so close together, and they're so darn smart? hummm??? Or, maybe its as simple as being able to see the forest from the trees?

There’s much more to this subject, like weapon burials and the like, which of course brings the issue of who is whom, into sharper focus. Right, again I digress, as this is about the Barbarian-Wall-Thingy stuff. I'm working three computers at the moment, and find myself a bit tied. As I indicated above; das ist ist ja sehr faszinierend?

CmacQ

blitzkrieg80
11-09-2008, 04:49
[not in response to any post - i was going to edit my last response, but instead am posting...]

hillforts are not unique.

http://starling.rinet.ru/cgi-bin/response.cgi?single=1&basename=/data/ie/piet&text_number=+++890&root=config

the speakers of Celtic did not inform the speakers of Greek, Sanskrit and Balto-Slavic of some innovative idea of protecting their home.

draek25
11-09-2008, 15:57
May i ask when your answer will come out?Because we are packing the files.And if it is gonna be "No" it is no big deal really but it would be nice for the ones who will play the mod.

draek25
11-09-2008, 15:59
Sorry double post !

-Praetor-
11-09-2008, 16:44
I`ve sent you the answer via P.M.