PDA

View Full Version : English only?

Hybr1d
11-09-2008, 22:31
Is there a way to take out the EB names and just leave the english ones? And if so, how do you do it?

Maion Maroneios
11-09-2008, 23:04
That would require tons of work, so don't do it except if you have tons of free time :-P. To do that, you will have to edit the export_units.txt file located in the text folder.

Maion

blitzkrieg80
11-10-2008, 00:15
ugh... :uhoh2: tip of the day : develop some skills up top and filter the data internally.

hmm... that post should win some kind of award. :applause:

better question : is there some way to make EB more like a FPS? Mount and Blade meets Caesar ~;)

Foot
11-10-2008, 01:01
All the files you'll need to change are in the eb/data/text/ folder. Make sure to open those files with a decent text editor like ultraedit.

Foot

zooeyglass
11-10-2008, 12:22
ugh... :uhoh2: tip of the day : develop some skills up top and filter the data internally.

hmm... that post should win some kind of award. :applause:

better question : is there some way to make EB more like a FPS? Mount and Blade meets Caesar ~;)

this post should win some kind of award - best stunned response.

i've been working on internal data filtering for years now it seems!

gamegeek2
11-10-2008, 12:34
Making it English-only ruins a great part of EB. I can't imagine how much that would suck. It wouldn't feel like EB anymore - it'd be...Vanilla.

Maion Maroneios
11-10-2008, 12:59
Making it English-only ruins a great part of EB. I can't imagine how much that would suck. It wouldn't feel like EB anymore - it'd be...Vanilla.
Ditto:wink:

Maion

Ca Putt
11-10-2008, 13:22
i agree, the reason why i installed EB in the first place was because of the "whacky" names, then I also noticed the other major advantages over vanilla rome^^

Celtic_Punk
11-10-2008, 20:01
It what makes the game... The small things that is, sure those different sprites for the cities dont actually DO anything, but its stuff like that, which truly matter.

not to mention some boss units... hahaha

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
11-10-2008, 21:29
Well, the English names are there, so why would there be a need to erase the Greek etc. names at all? :huh:

There's only one thing I'd like to criticise regarding the names: the seemingly imprudent manner in which the EB team gave the internal names. Hippeis Tarantinoi - hellenistic cavalry tarentinoi, Hetairoi Kataphraktoi - ... kataphract ... It requires immense patience searching and finding units in the various files, immense concentration reading and writing them down and at last immense frustration upon spawning them for certain AI factions. :grin: