PDA

View Full Version : Camera options

Celtic_Punk
11-11-2008, 08:21
Do you play with unrestricted or restricted view? If so do you use the general cam only?
I haven't used restricted view for awhile now, but occaisionally ill leave it on the [delete] button view on my general or another unit if i am watching a charge or issuing lots of orders in a short time for that regiment.

Woreczko
11-11-2008, 09:49
General camera, except if my FM gets besieged (Cav FMs can`t get on the walls to get a good view). I also autocalculate any battles without FM present. General camera means that I have to frequently put some units under AI lead - which makes battles more unpredictable and fun. You also have someone to blame, if sth doesn`t go well :beam:

ludwag
11-11-2008, 11:26
general view, is that like pressing delete on the genreal bodyguard? I have always wanted to view from my general, but how to control the camera then?

Woreczko
11-11-2008, 18:10
Yes, the camera is fixed above your`s general head. You can turn your view around but not scroll. If you need to take a closer look at the action, you need to move your general there.

Gleemonex
11-12-2008, 04:52
I know some people like to keep the restricted General's view for "realism", but until a TW engine can simulate full-scale battles over 3+ hours with messengers, signals corps, reliable subordinates and holographic display (for situation awareness), I will continue to consider the default camera as more realistic.

Just thought I'd add that. This seemed as good a place as any.

-Glee

Celtic_Punk
11-12-2008, 05:31
hmmm you hit the nail on the head fellow canuk!

ludwag
11-12-2008, 08:34
so to control where he is going, I need to mark him and click on the ground and stuff?

Ignopotens
11-12-2008, 09:41
I use the restricted camera, but not the general cam