PDA

View Full Version : Gov't and MIC help?

Intranetusa
11-12-2008, 22:26
Should I build all lvl I gov't types in the homeland area/Italian pennisula or should I build lvl IIs and try and see if I get higher lvled auxiliaries? (same for other factions such as Macedonia and Carthage)

The recruitment viewer doesn't exactly help me in this respect since it only lists individual units and not native and foreign MIC unit recruitment.

Ignopotens
11-12-2008, 22:37
I tend to build Type I gov'ts everywhere I can. Type II gov'ts give you few if any regional troop options, and only basic ones at best.

As far as the recruitment viewer, select native MIC and click "All" in the units list to get a sense of how many units are available at most (green means more, red almost none) in any territory. You can also select the MIC levels and use the "exact" option to see how high of quality you could possibly attain.

Also works vice versa, I use it to determine whether I want a Type I or II gov't, in the case of plenty of factional troops available there, or a Type III or IV if there are few/none of my factional troops and only regionals available.

Mediolanicus
11-12-2008, 22:37
The recruitment viewer gives you all the information you need. It tells what units can be trained at which level of which type of barracks (factional or regional).

That said, it is up to you to role-play the governments. I always build Type II, III or IV when first conquering a region and then, after a certain amount of time I upgrade.

I think you should do this in North and Southern Italy were you can't train much in the early years of campaign if you go for type I's. But as I said, it is up to you to role play.

Aemilius Paulus
11-12-2008, 22:48
You should really check the past threads. There is a lot of useful info there. I would post my own response, but I am too lazy, as I already wrote two extra-long responses not too long ago in threads on this topic.

Aemilius Paulus
11-12-2008, 23:51
Oh, and in the Homeland area, you always want to do the Type I government and a factional instead of a regional MIC. Usually, a faction does not have many regionals in its Homeland and the Romani (which is the faction I assume you're playing) are no exception. There really is nothing great that the Romani can get in regional MICs in Italia.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
11-13-2008, 00:13
The best thing the Romani can get in Italia with a Regional MIC is probably Hoplitai in the south and (if things still are what they were when I last played the Romani) Neitos in the north.

You could roleplay your governments and put Type2 in Italy and Type3 outside of it until the Marian reforms when you upgrade to Type1 in Italy and Type2s outside.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
11-13-2008, 00:51
The recruitment viewer doesn't exactly help me in this respect since it only lists individual units and not native and foreign MIC unit recruitment.
:huh:

Select your faction.
Select a province on the map.
Click "View" in the menu, and select "Province Details".
Check "Show Details".
There's a number appearing. Your factional units will appear with a code number and regional units with a different number. So you can easily see what you can build with what (Hastati, Principes and Triarii are a sure bet for factional if you play SPQR :grin:).

Intranetusa
11-13-2008, 00:58
Thanks for the info. I guess I should more thoroughly explore the capabilities of the Recruitment Viewer. :)

NeoSpartan
11-13-2008, 01:43
Thanks for the info. I guess I should more thoroughly explore the capabilities of the Recruitment Viewer. :)

yep it will be especially handy when you play factions like Backtria, who can make govt II is some provinces but barely get any factional troops.

Irish
11-13-2008, 07:26
Ok, I'll hijack this and ask a question:

What do MIC 11 and 24 mean?

Thanks guys!

Chris1959
11-13-2008, 15:51
MIC, Military/Industrial Complex essentially refers to the Barracks Buildings, the other I think you are looking at govt types I, II, III, IV.
Govt type will affect what units you can raise in a city, types I and II mean higher end factional units, types III and IV will allow more regional or local types.
Be aware with the Romans that until the Marian reforms you can only recruit "Roman" units in Italy.

Intanetusa have you tried Konny's allied legions mod that gives you Ligurians, Bruttians, Hoplites etc through your Faction MIC's, makes raising realistic armies easier and provides some nice variety.

Irish
11-13-2008, 22:12
Ok, I know what MIC is, and I know the Factional and Regional barracks lines. But in the recruitment viewer, what is the significance of MIC 11 and MIC 24?

Ca Putt
11-13-2008, 22:27
afaik 11 is baktrian/Macedon native MIC and 24 is Baktrian/ptoly/Selukid forgein MIC.

Sumskilz
11-15-2008, 08:08
You get several regionals in Taras and Rhegion with a level 3 MIC - Bruttian Infantry and an assortment of Hellenistic units. In the north there aren't really any regionals until you get up to the level 3 MIC, but prior to the Polybian Reforms you can recruit Romani units there anyway.