PDA

View Full Version : Question: Mount efect?

Praetor Diego
11-14-2008, 10:58
Hi to all,

Anyone can tell me what is afected the mount efect?

Example :
Uirodusios
elephant -3

This means that the Uirodusios lose 3 points of attack against elephants? Or 3 points of defense, morale? :help:

Aemilius Paulus
11-14-2008, 13:06
This means that the Uirodusios lose 3 points of attack against elephants? Or 3 points of defense, morale? :help:

Yes, they lose 3 points of attack against elephants. Only the attack, not defence or morale, although since the Uirodusios, just like any other unit, will lose some morale due to another ability of elephants: Scares_Nearby_Enemy. Any other melee unit will suffer an attack penalty against elephants as well. Missile units also usually receive a -2 penalty against anything mounted.

Praetor Diego
11-14-2008, 16:51
Oh I see, thank you. BTW, this also afect ranged weapons? In that case will be -3 attack and -3 ranged attack? :2thumbsup:

Celtic_Punk
11-14-2008, 17:02
I dont think so.. since javlins are elephant killers, and so are slingers. best way to kill an elephant are with missiles

Aemilius Paulus
11-15-2008, 08:20
I dont think so.. since javlins are elephant killers

Yes, but keep in mind that the elephant-killing javelins almost always are an attribute of a skirmisher unit. A Romani Legionary or a Gallic Bataroas all have javelins/pila (modified javelin) but those javelins lack the anti-elephant attribute. The Romani pila are unique nevertheless because they are AP attribute, unlike most other javelins that are thrown before charging by melee infantry. The skirmisher javelins are real killers though. Too deadly in my opinion.

I remember when in my Epirius campaign, I attacked Pella right on the first turn and in the ensuing battle lost 4 Indian Elephants to a single volley of javelins, a courtesy of an Akontistai unit. The next volley killed three more elephants (all on Large Unit Scale). I reloaded the game after that battle, learning a valuable lesson...

Praetor Diego
11-15-2008, 08:46
So the for a regular unit, the -3 elephact also reduce the javalin attack? Following what you said AP, if skirmishers have a +2 elephant attack, I can asume that the bonus also aplies to the javalin, right?

Apgad
11-15-2008, 10:28
best way to kill an elephant are with missiles

Obviously you refer to the RTW engine. In reality, poisoned bananas are a really good way of killing elephants. Can we replace the flaming pig with the poison banana?

Hax
11-15-2008, 12:34
I usually use mounted skirmishers to deal with elephants. They work fine.

bovi
11-15-2008, 12:36
Yeah, we need a poison banana chucking skirmisher unit. I'm sure we can use the wasp nest throwers of Kingdoms for it.