PDA

View Full Version : Game Prices

The New Che Guevara
12-05-2008, 21:48
I was in a Game shop (as in the company) today due to some free time,

I went to the PC section, had a look at some of the games, and found that the base Medieval II: total war was on offer for 2 games for £25.

Something feels wrong about this, despite me paying and extra £5 to get kingdoms in the gold edition.

It just feels like it's being underrated by the price of it, even with the recession and it's age, but if you look on the forums here, it's still got a massive fan base and with empire coming out, this just feels like it's being sold off cheaply...

Thoughts anyone?

(Oh and i did see the gold edition in the same shop for £25)

Galain_Ironhide
12-06-2008, 01:12
Thats life in the world of gaming. Can't say it bothers me though seeing M2TW for that cheap, it had a good run. The main thing is that fans of the game stick around and continue to support it.

One day Empires will be sharing that same bargain bin making way for the next TW instalment.

Shieldmaiden
12-10-2008, 14:11
I'm in the UK, both Medieval II and Kingdoms are available in the Gold Edition and recently been re-released on budget for £10 each.

These days PC titles seem to drop in price very, very quickly... and as long as people see and buy them you'll have an influx of new players and interest :2thumbsup:

Just a thought - anybody purchased the "White Label" budget re-releases of Medieval II and/or Kingdoms yet? I'm interested to know if they're pre-patched to the latest versions like the "White Label" Rome ones.

Gaiseric
12-13-2008, 01:43
I paid top dollar for MTW2 and the expansion. I bought them the day they hit the store shelves. Even at retail prices the game is a bargin if you figure out how much your time is worth and how much time you will spend playing the game. With all the campaigns I've played it probably averages out to a few cents per hour. Compare that to the cost of seeing or renting a movie, drinking, or other forms of entertainment, and you will end up saving yourself money by buying and playing this game.

I browse game prices from time to time to look for deals, and it seems that good games stay at higher prices longer. Prices for budget games with bad reviews or low fanbase seem to drop lower, and sooner. I am sure that MTW2 Gold will stay at a decent price for a while to come. CA makes some good games. Shogun Total War: Warlord Edition is still selling for around $12 to 15 and that games been out for at least 10 years.

Quintus.JC
12-13-2008, 10:39
Nowadays Medieval: Total War and Kingdoms are beings sold separatly for less than £10 each. But its right though; just take a good look at all the other games, remember that Medieval II was released all the way back in 2006 and its 2 years later now... try to search for other games released in 2006 and you wouldn't even find it on the shelves.