PDA

View Full Version : Vanquisher/Triumphus

Gunzak
12-28-2008, 23:26
What is the trigger to get the Vanquisher and Triumphus traits? I have gotten it before on characters after winning 4 battles against Epiros, Makedon and Carthage but I am playing a new campaign and my young general, age 19, already is grizzled and has around 7-8 wins against Epiros and even conquered 3 of their cities but still hasn't gotten the Vanquisher trait. I am just curious why I can get the Vanquisher trait after 1 battle some times and then sometimes after many battles I still don't get it.

/Bean\
12-29-2008, 03:19
Its to do with the odds your general faces and how well he overcomes them. I think it has to be at least <1:1 and clear or heroic victory. A couple of them and a few cities should do the trick nicely.

Atilius
12-29-2008, 03:51
What is the trigger to get the Vanquisher and Triumphus traits?It's difficult to describe exactly how a character gets one of the Vanquisher traits. The capture of some settlements helps more than others. Expelling the population of conquered settlements helps. The most important point is that a character can only get a Vanquisher trait against certain factions.

The Triumphator trait requires the Vanquisher trait and (in most cases) one or two more victories. Alternatively, a character can get it by winning a couple of victories against heavy odds.

Gunzak
12-29-2008, 06:06
He has won 8 or 9 battles against Epiros now and the last battle was 900 Romans vs 1500 Epirots. They outnumbered his forces by over 600 men and not only did I win the battle but I killed all but about 100 of the enemy soldiers. He has the Good Commander, Strategic Expert, Hates Smelly Greeks and several other traits that give him combat stars and morale bonuses but not Vanquisher. In the past I have seen it come up after just one fight against Epiros but that was on Medium game difficulty and I am playing on Very Hard right now. I guess it's just random luck then. I guess I can just save before a battle and keep doing it until he gets the trait.

Atilius
12-29-2008, 06:39
He has won 8 or 9 battles against Epiros now...There is no "Vanquisher of Epeirotes" trait - that's your problem.

SwissBarbar
12-29-2008, 09:25
Why not, this would make sense. Who else, if not Carthage and Epeiros should be van(qu)ished by Romans? Those other hated smelly greeks? (hahaa, I did not know this trait :laugh4: :laugh4: )

Gunzak
12-30-2008, 00:27
His traits are:

--Command--
Good Tactician +1 Command
Gifted Leader +2 Command
Strategic Expert +1 Command
Hates Clever-clever Greeks +1 Command against Greek factions
Hates Revolting Slaves +2 Command against Rebels

--Morale--
Local Hero +1 Morale
Positive +1 Morale
Extremely Confident Troops +3 Morale
Fidens +1 Morale

--Retinue--
Armorer +1 Morale
Turncoat Eleutheroi +1 Command against Rebels
Hellenic Turncoat +1 Command against Greek factions

Versus Greeks he is Command 6 and Morale 7.
Versus Rebels he is Command 7 and Morale 7.

Oh I just got attacked by Aeudei. In response my general moved to Mediolanium and took the city and destroyed 2 small armies on the way and he got the Vanquisher of Gaul Trait. He only needs one more win to have 4 victories against the Aedui and he will get his Triumphus. I believe he also picked up a trait that gives him a bonus against Gaulic factions as well.

Maion Maroneios
12-30-2008, 00:35
Those other hated smelly greeks?
Hey, watch your tongue barbaros. We Hellenes have used baths and perfumes way before you fish-smelling Romaioi dogs decided to copy our habits.

J/K :tongue:

Maion

Subotan
12-30-2008, 01:11
You just hide the smell, like that "Oust" crap. Celts are the real masters of hygeine.

/Bean\
12-30-2008, 01:15
Do you know nothing, Subotan? Oust doesnt just cover up the bad smells like ordinary air fresheners, it Ousts them!

Full of useful comments and contributions to the forums, me

Subotan
12-30-2008, 01:20
I get the feeling that if Megas Alexandros used an air freshener, it would be Oust *Slips several hundred pounds from Procter & Gamble into pocket.*
Yeah, sorry for the derailment. *Coughs guiltily*

Maion Maroneios
12-31-2008, 12:18
You just hide the smell, like that "Oust" crap. Celts are the real masters of hygeine.
Masters? Ha! Soap only does not provide good enough hygiene (well, I guess more than perfume:tongue:), plus it didn't smell. And let's face the fact: The Celts only used a very primitive form of soap, I don't think it had any good effects anyway.

Edit: Just for the fun of out, the word "Oust" is used here in Greece when we want to shoo someone away:laugh4:

Maion