PDA

View Full Version : OH SHI -- [Hayasdan gone wild]

Hax
01-05-2009, 15:06
Just take a look at this:

I'm playing Romani, with no force diplomacy.

https://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x152/Elphir/EB/AI%20Progression/Roma-232.jpg

antisocialmunky
01-05-2009, 16:04
Wow, the Grey Death got owned.... And why is that chunk between Carthage and Egypt Seleucid?

Hax
01-05-2009, 16:07
Kyrene has the Seleucids listed as their faction_creator. This line is necessary to decide to what faction this province will rebel.

Chris_
01-05-2009, 16:09
How long have they been in direct contact with the Ptolies? I had a very nice Pontos AI until the yellow death virtually wiped them out. Hopefully this wont happen here.

Hax
01-05-2009, 16:24
Well, as of now Pontos is at war with the Ptolies, though Makedonia (which became Pergamon) has also taken three Ptolemaic settlements.

I don't think the Ptolemies can handle the AS, Pontos and Makedonia/Pergamon at the same time (and maybe Hayasdan and Pahlava too, later on).

Olaf Blackeyes
01-05-2009, 19:24
:applause:~:eek::jawdrop:
WOW an armenia that DOESNT go for teh steppes. Thats impressive.

Subotan
01-05-2009, 19:54
The best I've ever seen Hayasdan, and they'd nabbed Hyrkania as well.

Reverend Joe
01-05-2009, 20:02
Am I just totally color-blind, or do the colors for Hayasadan and Pontos look indistinguishable?

Subotan
01-05-2009, 20:54
For who? Either way, you're just colour blind.

/Bean\
01-05-2009, 20:57
Hai's blue, Pontus is purple...there's a clear difference in both...it's definately you :2thumbsup:

Reverend Joe
01-05-2009, 21:02
Hai's blue, Pontus is purple...there's a clear difference in both...it's definately you :2thumbsup:

:thumbsdown:

Sarkiss
01-05-2009, 22:27
wow, simply wow! both those maps show something of an ideal Armenian behavior. :thumbsup:

in my current Pontic campaign Hai went nuts again and conquered all the steppes above them kicking Sarmatians out to the Balkans. i was observing them for some time and Armenians steadily send a few reinforcing units up north every now and then.

Dayve
01-05-2009, 23:05
What's all this crap with people making their own borders and writing on the minimap? It's unnecessary, just post the minimap screenshot damnit.

Ignopotens
01-05-2009, 23:29
What's all this crap with people making their own borders and writing on the minimap? It's unnecessary, just post the minimap screenshot damnit.

Jeez man, calm down. What difference does it really make? :inquisitive:

desert
01-05-2009, 23:49
Lol, when I read the thread title I thought that Hayasdan had divided by zero or something.

Maybe the current FL is a wannabe Tigger the Great?

Aemilius Paulus
01-06-2009, 01:17
Jeez man, calm down. What difference does it really make? :inquisitive:

It does make quite a difference. Most people find it much easier to distort the results that way. :laugh4:

Just kidding. I think it looks better when you take the large, official EB map instead of the tiny, low resolution screenshot. However, it is not as distinguishable.

artavazd
01-06-2009, 01:27
Lol, when I read the thread title I thought that Hayasdan had divided by zero or something.

Maybe the current FL is a wannabe Tigger the Great?

:laugh4: Tigger the Great King of Armenia

http://millennium.fortunecity.com/soda/939/tiggerBio.gif

The Fuzz
01-06-2009, 05:18
Lol, when I read the thread title I thought that Hayasdan had divided by zero or something.?

Haha, it did give that impression, didn't it? But wow...what I wouldn't give for a Hayasdan like that in one of my games.

The Celt
01-06-2009, 06:35
:laugh4: Tigger the Great King of Armenia

http://millennium.fortunecity.com/soda/939/tiggerBio.gif

That's T-I-double-Gur-Urr The Great to you pal!:laugh4:

tapanojum
01-06-2009, 08:52
Bouncing around on his tail...that goofy ol cat! ;)

It may certainly end up being like Tigran the Great. With Hax playing Romani...he may as well head east in the near future...and well...you guys know the story.

Gleemonex
01-06-2009, 11:14
Am I just totally color-blind, or do the colors for Hayasadan and Pontos look indistinguishable?

Your monitor, or its settings, or ambient lighting, may also leave to be desired. The colours differ, but their luminance and blue values are within 10% of eachother (thank you Colorzilla). Check these links:

http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal/
http://www.wikihow.com/Calibrate-Your-Monitor

-Glee

Dayve
01-06-2009, 12:20
Nobody ever has trouble distinguishing between the factions on a blown up mini-map, except the colour-blind guy.

Reverend Joe
01-06-2009, 19:49
And anyway, it looks like that on every monitor to me.

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
01-06-2009, 20:09
If I blur my eyes a bit Pontos and Hayasdan look similar. Though they are more distinct from eachother than Ptolemaioi-Seleukids, to me.

Not that you are, but colorblindness is actually quite common. 7% of all human males are colorblind to some extent, many unaware of it.

Subotan
01-06-2009, 20:39
If I blur my eyes a bit Pontos and Hayasdan look similar. Though they are more distinct from eachother than Ptolemaioi-Seleukids, to me.

Agreed, although I think Qarthadast/Seleukids look the most similar.

Uticensis
01-08-2009, 01:24
Actually, the Sarmatians and Saba look most similar to me. I would never have noticed, but I had a Sarmatian campaign where I conquered the Seleukid Empire, making my Empire kind of close to the Saba, and so on the mini-map it looked like I also controlled Arabia.

Reno Melitensis
01-08-2009, 09:41
In my Roman campaign its 134BCE, and early in the game the Hay expanded into the steppes reaching the northern shores of the Black Sea. But a prolonged war with Pontus forced them to move armies south and with the Sauromatae counter attack they lost them all. But with the rapid expansion of the Pahlava, with home they are allies they keept the Pontic armies at bay, for now.

Cheers.