PDA

View Full Version : Which version am I playing?

ziegenpeter
01-09-2009, 03:22
The EB menu says 1.1 but the client ruler system works just fine.
I even reinstalled EB 1.1+1.2 but it stays as it is...
Any suggestions?
THX

Novellus
01-09-2009, 03:55
The EB menu says 1.1 but the client ruler system works just fine.
I even reinstalled EB 1.1+1.2 but it stays as it is...
Any suggestions?
THX

I'm not sure. The same thing happened to me as well. I installed the 1.2 patch, but the menu still says that I have version 1.1 as well. I think this is pretty common though. Chances are that you do have 1.2 installed and the numbers didn't change.

Some of the unit skins changed from 1.1 to 1.2. If you find the announcement that showed the changes and compare that to some of the units in the game, it'd be one way to find what version you have. If they don't match the skins in the 1.2 announcement, then you have 1.1. If they match, you have 1.2.

lenin96
01-09-2009, 04:02
Or you could just start an Epeiros campaign and see if the intro video appears, if it appears then you are playing 1.2

Novellus
01-09-2009, 04:13
Or you could just start an Epeiros campaign and see if the intro video appears, if it appears then you are playing 1.2

Doesn't that need a codec or something though?

a completely inoffensive name
01-09-2009, 06:09
It says 1.2 for me.

Olaf Blackeyes
01-09-2009, 06:39
Ummm is it a problem if ustart a EB 1.2 campaign and the intro videos DONT come up at all? I mean the campaigns run fine i just dont get the whole placeholder intro vid for ANY of my campaigns

lenin96
01-09-2009, 06:56
I meant the videos the EB team made for some factions like the Saka, Pahlava and Epeiros not the standard RTW videos.

Mediolanicus
01-09-2009, 09:36
To the OP : Go to whereever you've installed EB and look into your EB folder. If it contains a second EB folder itself, than you have installed EB 1.2 inside "...\Rome - Total War\EB" and it will just play 1.1.
If that is the case, just delete that second EB folder and reinstall 1.2 but this time in ...\Rome - Total War.

Ummm is it a problem if ustart a EB 1.2 campaign and the intro videos DONT come up at all? I mean the campaigns run fine i just dont get the whole placeholder intro vid for ANY of my campaigns

You have added (yourself or with the trivial script) the -nm command to your shortcut target.
Just remove that command to see the videos (but then it may take even longer to load EB, but it is worth it to just start up EB, then look at all the videos = begin and quit campaign with Saka, Pahlava and Epeiros, and after that add the -nm command again to your shortcut.

ziegenpeter
01-09-2009, 19:25
Are you shure about the vids? I thought the -nm command only concerns the starting videos, when you start the the game, not the campaign videos... ?

My 1.2 is running fine now, except fpr the punic voicemod. Is there anyone who plays on ALX with minimod (+ phalanx, naval stratmap, rs textures) and who enjoys the voicemod?

thx

Mediolanicus
01-09-2009, 19:32
Absolutely 100% sure on -nm.

||Lz3||
01-09-2009, 23:15
Are you shure about the vids? I thought the -nm command only concerns the starting videos, when you start the the game, not the campaign videos... ?

My 1.2 is running fine now, except fpr the punic voicemod. Is there anyone who plays on ALX with minimod (+ phalanx, naval stratmap, rs textures) and who enjoys the voicemod?

thx

No relation between those mods and the voice mod.

(AFAIK the voice mod is not as complete as others , and units only say things like "advance" etc.)

ziegenpeter
01-10-2009, 00:55
Well they don't in my game. But I'm pretty shure I've 1.2 now, because it says 1.2 even in the menu... AND there are the punic voice files in the sound folder. Which .txt file links them to the game?
By the way, the KH spies speak greek now but not the diplos, is that normal?:dizzy2:

Subotan
01-10-2009, 01:16
Same for me.