PDA

View Full Version : Missing temples for sweboz

ziegenpeter
01-20-2009, 09:06
Hi! In my new 1.2 sweboz campaign, I discovered that for all temples without any unit effect (fraujo+nerthuz) the L3 (pillars) are not available... Plus the building browser only shows L1&2 for all sweboz temples.

Any ideas?

thank you.

Tollheit
01-20-2009, 10:12
Women don't have pillars in Asgard?

ziegenpeter
01-20-2009, 15:46
Never seen it lfrom that pov... but true!
Seriously, I'd really like to get these cool pop growth bonuses.

burn_again
01-20-2009, 17:08
Since they have never been available in any version of EB and there is no building description, I think these temples aren't supposed to be available.
Actually I'd never build them anyway. Population growth is only nice in the first few years, the Sweboz have only few happiness/law-buildings, so that large cities are quite a pain in the late game.

ziegenpeter
01-28-2009, 11:38
I never had real problems with sweboz homeland cities happiness. When you take roman or gaul cities ok, but for the german ones everything's just fine.
@ Burn again: So you think this is a bug?

burn_again
01-28-2009, 14:17
No, I don't think it's a bug. I think the EB-team has for some reason (probably unwanted bonuses) decided not to make these temples available.
I used to wonder about this myself back in 0.8, but since there is no building description for these temples, like there was for other buildings that were accidentally missing in older versions (sweboz tavern lvl2), I concluded they weren't there on purpose.
They are also mentioned as "Not available for construction" in the Temple's Guide: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96629

As for the happiness - I usually have taxes on very high and in the later game (after 190/180 BC) I often had happiness problems even in my homeland with the Sweboz, especially after the death of a good gouvernor. I don't like population growth bonuses in general after a city is large or huge, but with the few happiness buildings Sweboz can build compared to other factions I find them especially annoying. But that's how it's supposed to be. It's a question of management and personal preference, so don't worry about it.

gamegeek2
01-28-2009, 21:29
I think they give pop growth bonuses because people do stuff in Frowjo's temple. It says so on the description.

ziegenpeter
01-29-2009, 16:31
And by "stuff" you mean "sex" and by "sex" you mean "intercorse" and by "intercorse" you mean "stuff", right?