PDA

View Full Version : EB Wiki?

Siruso
01-23-2009, 06:20
I know there's an EB article on wikipedia which is pretty cool, but have you guys ever thought of making an EB wiki, where we could all edit a large database of EB information?

I just got off the Elder Scrolls IV wiki and it's so cool! It would be really tight if there was an online place to get all sorts of information on the different EB factions, units, buildings, cities, strategies and so forth.

What do you guys think?

Siruso

Megas Methuselah
01-23-2009, 07:37
Che Roriniho tried making an EB "manula" once. It never amounted to much. Thus far, the only extensive EB wiki's/manuals have been fan-made. I do not know whether any have actually been completed.

lenin96
01-23-2009, 10:56
It would be a great idea, over at TWC Wiki there is only one EB faction guide and it's for Baktria on an older version of EB (I know that because the Yeuzhi are in it.).

gamegeek2
01-23-2009, 16:27
If it is a true wiki then I'm sure the community here would be happy to work on it.

antisocialmunky
01-24-2009, 03:54
I wouldn't mind if it was a more scholarly based wiki on ancient warfare. With all the work the EB team has done, they should have documents that I can quote from.

lenin96
01-24-2009, 07:56
I think a lot of us EB supporters would contribute to it, but would it be best if the EB team starts it so they can have more control over it?

lobf
01-24-2009, 08:55
Che Roriniho tried making an EB "manula" once. It never amounted to much. Thus far, the only extensive EB wiki's/manuals have been fan-made. I do not know whether any have actually been completed.

I told him the manual should have been a wiki. I think it's a great idea and I'd love to contribute.

Siruso
01-24-2009, 22:21
So how does one actually go about making a wiki?

Siruso

Megas Methuselah
01-25-2009, 02:05
One goes about getting the support of various high-ranking EB'ers (such as me), sketches a rough outline of what to do, then completely drops the idea and leaves said high-ranking EB'ers (such as me) boiling in dissapointment... :no:

Siruso
01-25-2009, 04:49
Haha, alright I'll get right on that. No actually, I was not wondering about the strategy of making a wiki, I meant the actual physical setting up of the wiki site. I've been looking around and can't really get a straight answer.

Siruso