PDA

View Full Version : Augustan Reforms

Mulceber
01-23-2009, 08:48
Ok, I'm in the year 151 BC now. I've got more than 90 settlements (of which more than half are Type II). I've fought well more than 400 battles. And though you wouldn't know it from looking at my Empire, Rome itself is rife with political turmoil. It's looking like someone is eventually going to declare himself King. My question is...how do I do it? I mean, I've read the FAQ about how Augustus needs to be sharp/charismatic/vigorous, skilled bureaucrat, Arrogans, Expert Recruiter and not selfless, but how do you acquire those traits? I've yet to see anyone with the skilled bureaucrat, Arrogans OR Expert Recruiter trait. Are there things I can do to make them more likely to crop up? IE. Are there certain buildings in their provinces that I can build, things I can do, to help them along? -M

Mediolanicus
01-23-2009, 09:05
sharp/charismatic/vigorous : That's random, as you will have noticed.
skilled bureaucrat : let him govern a city a while.
Arrogans : triggered by the selfish trait but kinda random AFAIK.
expert recruiter : train lots of units in the city he is governing.

And don't forget: no Augustan before "-At least year 125BC"

Mulceber
01-23-2009, 10:08
Yeah, I know, I'm just trying to be extra prepared so that hopefully, when 125 BC rolls around, I'll be able to get the reforms right away. -M

Titus Marcellus Scato
01-23-2009, 13:10
Don't expect to get the Augustan reforms 'straight away' on a rigid schedule.

It happens when it happens.

Just think yourself lucky you don't have to fight a massive civil war to get the reforms....while the barbarians nibble away at your frontiers.