PDA

View Full Version : downgrading drivers...

Aurgelmir
01-30-2009, 14:26
I have a (stupid) question...

Why is EB running beter with an old driver(i have a ati)?....when i read the changes they made in the new driver,it should not affect eb or any other game.....(and it does,only rtw games/mods doesn't run nice with new ones)

Why?...(im no technician)

Now i downgraded them...and everything runs smoothly now

Another question(it may not belong here)..I recently installed a new soundmod for brg2.I have 4 copies of rtw on this comp.Install the mod in the brg folder....and now i notice it changes files in my original rtw installation.????? i dont get it...i may not be as good as others here with pc stuff,but when i install something in path E...how can it affect(the original inst.)on path D...thats weird

Maybe im just stupid lol

And another small question(lol).I changed the casse bodyguard into Rycalawre.What do i have to do to change them into Thorakitai Agematos Basilikou?

For the Rycalawre,someone posted the edu changes here so i only had to copy and paste it.

bovi
01-30-2009, 15:07
Some later optimizations in the driver may not take older applications (games) into account. Drivers which work with great speed for new games, that use the latest specification, may be sluggish with those that rely on old routines which were current at the time they were made.

I don't know what brg2 is, but not all mods are completely mod-foldered like EB. That means some of the mod files spill into the vanilla installation. EB used to do that until Dol Guldur helped us relocate them for... I think 1.0.

Good luck with the bodyguards.

Aurgelmir
01-30-2009, 15:27
Thanks for the fast response...

brg2 is beyond romans glory 2...

ok...some mods dont work with each other..i know lol

But i installed it to a different path...how can it affect the original installation(another harddrive).

About EB...its the best mod for rtw..thats for sure

I must say that i had to make an extra copy of rtw for EB,i know its modfoldert,but i had probs with other mods...and they all where modfoldert...

I read that some fixes changes some stuff in the original vanilla files...is this correct?

Now i have a copy only for EB,nothing else....guess what...NO ctd's...not 1,and before when i had about 4 mods on one rtw copy(they where all modfoldert),Like i posted before...a lot of heroic vic ctd's

Now i ask myself.Does EB and all the fixes,submods effect something in the vanilla file.Maybe a other (so called modfoldert)mod was changing my files.

For now i only can advice for people who play a lot of other mods,one copy of rtw for every mod(i know much HD space is needed then,but...you are an rtw(MODS) addict or not lol)

bovi
01-30-2009, 15:52
No, installing the mod will not change something on another drive, something else must have happened to that. EB is completely modfoldered, fixes and all.

antisocialmunky
01-31-2009, 03:53
www.hardforum.com. Go into any of the video card forums and a driver FAQ should be stickied at the top. Go in there and you will get instructions on how to do it. You might want to hunt around for your specific problem and get more info.