PDA

View Full Version : Old People who motivate Me

Strike For The South
02-16-2009, 21:44
Micky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uctq_aY2Ww&feature=related)

General Patton (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v71W_FFW_J0)

These guys may be senile but I love'em

Kralizec
02-16-2009, 21:50
I saw that film about Patton the other day. It was kind of stupid that it didn't include his death, but otherwise I liked it.

I don't like Rocky.

Hooahguy
02-16-2009, 21:52
theres an old Holocaust Survivor in my synagogue who motivates me. but idk if i can find a youtube video about him. :rolleyes:

Strike For The South
02-16-2009, 21:53
I don't like Rocky.

Why do you hate freedom?

Strike For The South
02-16-2009, 22:01
theres an old Holocaust Survivor in my synagogue who motivates me. but idk if i can find a youtube video about him. :rolleyes:

Well make one. As we all know, if there isn't a youtube video it didn't happen.

Spino
02-16-2009, 23:24
I saw that film about Patton the other day. It was kind of stupid that it didn't include his death, but otherwise I liked it.

I don't like Rocky.

The film did not depict Patton's death because he died an ignoble death in a freak car accident. An accident which, by the way, happened after the war and after Patton returned to Europe from a hero's welcome in the US. The car accident was such that the speed of impact was no more than 20-30 mph. Patton hit his head in such an odd way that despite the slow speed the impact inflicted a mortal head wound. In any event it would have been a terrible way to end the film. They foreshadowed his meaningless death in the final scene, with that heavily laden pushcart nearly killing him as it rolled out control down a steep street in his direction. Having Patton walk his timid bull terrier 'Willie' off into the windmill dotted horizon was a wonderful way to end the film... and a none too subtle reference to Don Quixote & Pancho Villa.

Rocky is a great underdog story! Just treat the first Rocky movie as the only one in the series and it becomes a much better film.

Beefy187
02-17-2009, 00:38
It has to be Gandhi for me.

I cannot and will not live the way he did, but he was truly inspirational. Although the civilization 4 Gandhi on the other hand :whip:

Cute Wolf
02-17-2009, 03:20
My Mom and Dad of course....