PDA

View Full Version : Crash Romani 221 BC

Decius Carbo
02-20-2009, 20:31
Ok, this is my second campaign with Romani. The first I just stopped playing but had conquered similar territory and made it all the way to 180 BC or so before I stopped playing. The first play through I only got crashes after a few battles with the Lustonians.

Anyways, in this current game I've conquered all of Italy, Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica, Crete, Rhodes, Illyria and I've pushed toward Iberia by taking Masallia, Gergovia and Tolosa. I had CTDs every now and then (but I read that I should wait 30-40 seconds after finishing a battle during the battle results screen which did help lower the crashes post or pre-battle). However, since I've taken Tolosa I started marching a general out from Mediolanium with one mercenary Gallic swordsman unit and now it's the winter of 221 and each time I hit end turn the game crashes. Ive tried with the script on and with it off and it still crashes either way. No one is trying to revolt currenlty but I've had steady civil rioting in Kydonia on Crete. I'm playing on 1.2 and I've installed the fixes for 1.1.

So I don't know what to do :idea2:.

Here's my save game: http://uploaded.to/?id=iy2xib

Thanks in advance. Great mod, these damn crashes are killing me though!

bovi
02-21-2009, 07:52
Installing the fixes for 1.1 on 1.2 will cause problems. You should reinstall and install only the 1.2 fixes.

Decius Carbo
02-21-2009, 15:22
If I re-install will I lose that saved game??

bovi
02-21-2009, 16:07
Possibly. There could be savegame incompatible changes, considering you've installed the 1.1 fixes.

Decius Carbo
02-21-2009, 16:09
Man. I hope not. I guess I'll give it a shot.

Decius Carbo
02-21-2009, 16:40
Damn. I reinstalled everything and the 1.2 fixes and it still crashes when I end the turn. Agh!!! This was one of my best campaigns I had going for me in any RTW or mod ever! I feel like smashing up my computer :wall:.

Decius Carbo
02-21-2009, 16:49
Success! I fixed it. Kydonia was the problem. I lowered the taxes and booted the governor. Which turned the red face rioting into a blue face. I'm guessing that the settlement was trying to rebel each turn and that's why it was crashing. Now it's okay. Damn Kydonia ruinding things for me. I fixed it though. Thanks again for your help Bovi.