PDA

View Full Version : Eb1.2

Cyrus
02-25-2009, 16:30
Hello
I've decided to try and install 1.2 again,i read the instructiones and remembered i have TWfanatic's phalanx mod installed. Idon't understand if i have to get rid of it and if i do how? I also read a post a few weeks ago when someone said if i have a folder called EB in my other EB folder i have to cancel it, is that right? that folder contains 2 folders wich contains 2 more folders: "Data" and "sp game edu backup" should i delete it?
Another thing i have my Eb folder in E:/RTW and when itried installing EB1.2 i got no new icon in the folder EB 1.2 What am i doing wrong?

Mediolanicus
02-25-2009, 18:56
i recently started a AS campaign. And I noticed something unusual. You can no longer recruit the thorikatai agema basilou. What happened to that unit?

Tied to the cataphract reforms IIRC.

To prevent the AI from spamming those tanks.

Hello
I've decided to try and install 1.2 again,i read the instructiones and remembered i have TWfanatic's phalanx mod installed. Idon't understand if i have to get rid of it and if i do how? I also read a post a few weeks ago when someone said if i have a folder called EB in my other EB folder i have to cancel it, is that right? that folder contains 2 folders wich contains 2 more folders: "Data" and "sp game edu backup" should i delete it?
Another thing i have my Eb folder in E:/RTW and when itried installing EB1.2 i got no new icon in the folder EB 1.2 What am i doing wrong?

First of all, you need a clean EB 1.1 install. You know how to do that.

Second, if you have an EB folder in your EB folder, you can delete that. This means you've installed EB 1.2 into E:\RTW\EB. You cannot install EB 1.2 in EB 1.1, you must install EB 1.2 on EB 1.1. This means you have to install EB 1.2 to the same place you installed EB 1.1. In your case this would be to E:\RTW.

Cyrus
02-25-2009, 19:08
Oh i forgot to say that. Yes i did tell it to put in E:/RTW but that folder might be an old one from one of my previous attempts, i deleted it. But could anyone give me a clean version of export_descr_unit since it's bee changed by the phalanx mod?
and thank you Mediolanicus

Cyrus
02-25-2009, 21:24
hello
please i really need an answer!

Mediolanicus
02-26-2009, 17:58
Just run your EB 1.2 installer. It changes the EDU IIRC.

Cyrus
02-26-2009, 18:34
Ok so i installed it and have no eb folder inside the other one. now how do i play? i mean where is the EB1.2 icon?
i looked on all programs and there are now two folders of Eb in the new one i get 3 files 1 says run eb and to activate it i have to locate a program, the second has run eb troubleshooting and the tird is validate install. what do i do?

Cyrus
02-26-2009, 19:24
Hello
I've decided to give an other go at eb 1.2, installed it but can't seem to find the icon to turn it on, i checked in the start menu and noticed i got a new eb folder in wich i have 3 icons, run eb, run eb troubleshooting and validate install. the first 2 i am unable to use since it can't locate the files.
Please help i'd really like to finally install this.

bovi
02-26-2009, 19:44
Frequent issues.

Cyrus
02-26-2009, 19:46
yes i've been there, but when you say " Use the Trivial Script to start EB instead of the start menu shortcut. You need to have installed this as part of EB 1.1". i have no idea what you mean,
And have no idea how to do this# Modify the shortcut target. Move the end quote from the end of the line to directly after RomeTW.exe and it should work (goes for both the new shortcuts in 1.2).

Cyrus
02-26-2009, 21:49
Oh i guess i forgot to mention that i'm using BI.exe, so when i installed the game i put Bi after that and loaded with that icon, but in the menu it sais still 1.1, any suggestions?:help:

bovi
02-27-2009, 03:10
Okay, I added some detail to the entry. Right-click the shortcut and select Properties.

The other thing you're asking about is also in the frequent issues.

darkangel87
02-27-2009, 08:14
I have simply renamed my EB 1.1-shortcut on the desktop in EB 1.2... and it works :-)

Best regards
Marcel

Cyrus
02-27-2009, 09:51
I have simply renamed my EB 1.1-shortcut on the desktop in EB 1.2... and it works :-)

What? Are you shure in the main menu it sais eb 1.2?
Also Bovi i don't understand how to run the trivial script since after i install it it does't show me the folder in wich i installed it. Plus do i have to do both things listed in frequent issues to make it work?
And where does it talk about BI i read almost all the thing but can't find it.

darkangel87
02-27-2009, 10:00
Yes, I´m absolutely shure. As soon as I click the renamed shortcut on the desktop, the loading screen with "Version 1.2" appears :-)
Regards
Marcel

bovi
02-27-2009, 12:22
What? Are you shure in the main menu it sais eb 1.2?
Also Bovi i don't understand how to run the trivial script since after i install it it does't show me the folder in wich i installed it. Plus do i have to do both things listed in frequent issues to make it work?
And where does it talk about BI i read almost all the thing but can't find it.
Yes. Install 1.2 correctly and the 1.1 shortcut should be equivalent to the 1.2 one. Run a validation if that is not your case.
You don't need to run the trivial script.
You need to use one of the potential solutions. Either the trivial script or the shortcut correction. I have told you how to correct the shortcut.
BI stuff is in the unofficial submods forum.

Cyrus
02-27-2009, 17:38
Ooooooh
Thank you very much bovi, now i understand. I only have one more question. To load eb1.2 on bi do i use the same icon as before?

Mediolanicus
02-27-2009, 17:45
No, you must install the EB with BI submod.

bovi
02-27-2009, 18:03
i put E:\RTW\Eb1.2 and the eb 1.2 folder is outside of the normal eb .1 folder. is that ok?
No, that is not ok. Install in the same RTW folder where you installed 1.1.

Cyrus
02-28-2009, 10:40
@BoviMaybe i wasn't clear, i said i installed eb 1.2 on the same level ov eb1.1 so they are both in the same rtw folder and 1.2 is not inside 1.1.
@Mediolanicus, what i meant was do i use the same EB for BI icon as before?

Mediolanicus
02-28-2009, 13:53
No, you can't. You've isntalled EB 1.2 now, so your installation isn't suited for playing with BI.

You first have adapt your EB so it can play with BI, then you can use that same icon.

Simplest way to adapt EB for BI is to install the submod EB for BI.

Cyrus
02-28-2009, 18:56
All right i have 2 new problems, i've changed the target of the new eb shortcut to "E:\My games\D&D\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -show_err and the start in entry now says "E:\My games\D&D" but when i load this shortcut it gives me te eb1.1 multyplayer menu.:wall::wall::wall::wall:
What the hell!
Problem number 2 when i try using my old shortcuts to the single and multiplayer menus of EB1.1 it gives me an EBTrivialScript message in wich it sais:
Usage:EBTrivialScript [/debug] [/version] [/s <str>]
/debug Shows more usefull Error Log window.
/version, --v Shows version of Program and Script Parser.
/s, --script=<str> Defines what script files to use.
Unknown option 'runeb'

And when i press ok it opens an EBTrivialScript information wich sais:
Row: 0 Description: Failed to open file

And it gives me 2 options: ok and detailes>>; the details read:
XMLScriptParser: Couldn't load file: ebconfig.xml 18:34:49
Error Parsing file: ebconfig.xml 18:34:49
Row: 0 Description: Failed to open file 18:34:49

What the hell is wrong with me\my computer why can things ever be simple?:wall::wall::wall::no:
I'm really sorry about the constant "whyning", but i lost many a save game with 1.1 and would like to start anew.
Thx for all previos and future help on the matter.

bovi
03-01-2009, 08:01
@BoviMaybe i wasn't clear, i said i installed eb 1.2 on the same level ov eb1.1 so they are both in the same rtw folder and 1.2 is not inside 1.1.
You were clear enough. It has to be in the exact same folder.

RTW installed in C:\Stuff\I\Like\Playing\RTW? Then EB 1.1 must be installed to C:\Stuff\I\Like\Playing\RTW and EB 1.2 must be installed to C:\Stuff\I\Like\Playing\RTW.

RTW installed in C:\Some Odd Place\Rome - Total War? Then EB 1.1 must be installed to C:\Some Odd Place\Rome - Total War and EB 1.2 must be installed to C:\Some Odd Place\Rome - Total War.

Cyrus
03-01-2009, 10:05
Ok wait now i'm not understanding, i put 1.1 inside rtw and 1.2 is right next to 1.1.
Does 1.2 have to be inside 1.1 or not? I'm sorry but your last post seemed to say that they have to be inside rtw but not inside one another, wich is what i did.
And what about my previous post?

bovi
03-01-2009, 10:14
The. Same. Location.

I have no idea how you've got where you are now, but the easiest way to fix everything is to start over. Install EVERYTHING in the same spot.

Cyrus
03-01-2009, 10:27
Ok but just so i'm clear what is the same spot? You are being unclear, should it be E:\my games\rtw\eb1.1 and eb1.2 or E:\my games\rtw\eb\eb1.2 or not? Sorry but all these failed attempts have become frustrating. Oh and i forgot to say that rtw.exe is in the same location, on the same level as the eb icons.

bovi
03-01-2009, 10:55
RTW installed in C:\Stuff\I\Like\Playing\RTW? Then EB 1.1 must be installed to C:\Stuff\I\Like\Playing\RTW and EB 1.2 must be installed to C:\Stuff\I\Like\Playing\RTW.

RTW installed in C:\Some Odd Place\Rome - Total War? Then EB 1.1 must be installed to C:\Some Odd Place\Rome - Total War and EB 1.2 must be installed to C:\Some Odd Place\Rome - Total War.
I can't be any more clear than this. If you cant understand that 1 = 1, and C:\Stuff\I\Like\Playing\RTW = C:\Stuff\I\Like\Playing\RTW, I can't help you.

If your EB 1.1 is in E:\my games\rtw\eb1.1, your EB 1.2 should be installed in E:\my games\rtw\eb1.1. The. Same. Location.

Cyrus
03-01-2009, 11:36
Whoa, no need to get mad, man.
I'll reinstall the whole thing now, i finally understand. Thanks for your help and patience.:balloon2:

Cyrus
03-22-2009, 14:38
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't beleive it, i had to reinstall EB due to a virus in my computer(wich has been completely reformatted and the virus destroyed), i installed eb 1.1 and 1.2, wrote the change in the target for the shortcut aaaand............... it doesn't work. Fu$£!!!!!!!!!!!:furious3:
I'm sick of these problems, and before you ask, yes eb1.2 was not installed inside 1.1, it's right next to it in a EB1.2 folder. The shortcut target now sais: "E:\My games\D&D\RomeTW.exe" -mod:eb -show_err . Now mind you this is the shortcut to the eb1.2 folder in my All Programs, what is the problem? Oh and when i click the shortcut it loads eb1.1, it sais so in the main menu.
Thx in advance
Ps alternatively you could explain how to run the Eb trivialscript

Raygereio
03-22-2009, 15:21
I don't use the trivial script, so I can't say anything about that.
But if I read your post right; you have EB 1.1 installed in a folder called EB1.1 and EB 1.2 in a different folder called EB1.2? Did you read the previous posts? o_O

Now you have rome total war installed in the following directory: "E:\My games\D&D". Correct?
If so, uninstall EB from wherever you've got it now. And the next time you install it, point the EB 1.1 installer to this directory "E:\My games\D&D" (That is, if you have RTW installed there).

That will create a subfolder in your RTW directory called EB. Now when you run the EB1.2 installer, also point it towards "E:\My games\D&D". That will install EB 1.2 inside the same location, don't muck around with different folders!
If you did that; the shortcut target you posted should work.

Cyrus
03-22-2009, 16:10
Wow, wait a minute, i think we're both confused. The path to the eb1.1 is E:\My games\D&D\EB1.1
With rtw.exe installed in D&D, the path to eb1.2 is E:\my games\D&D\eb1.2 and think it's right 'cause the last time i installed'em i put 1.2 inside 1.1 and that was completely wrong. Plus read the first 2 posts in this thread.

Raygereio
03-22-2009, 16:19
I can't tell you anything else than to do exactly what I told you.

But here's again for good measure:
When the installers of both EB 1.1 and EB 1.2 ask where you want to install it, put the following in:
"E:\my games\D&D"
Nothing else but that. No E:\my games\D&D\EB1.1, no subfolders, just "E:\my games\D&D". Do that and it will work, install 1.1 and 1.2 to different folders and it won't work. Just try it.

Cyrus
03-22-2009, 16:36
Wow, wait a minute, i think we're both confused. The path to the eb1.1 is E:\My games\D&D\EB1.1
With rtw.exe installed in D&D, the path to eb1.2 is E:\my games\D&D\eb1.2 and think it's right 'cause the last time i installed'em i put 1.2 inside 1.1 and that was completely wrong. Plus read the first 2 posts in this thread.

Mediolanicus
03-22-2009, 16:38

So basically you f***** up big time?

There can't be an eb 1.1 or eb 1.2 folder unless you screw things up and make those folders yourself. And you should make them yourself unless you'd want to screw things up.

Uninstall everything.

Reinstall RTW in E:\my games\D&D
Install EB 1.1 in E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War
Then install EB 1.2 in E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War

3 times the same location, as said remarkably many times before in this thread...

You will end up (without you doing anything else then what is posted here above) with EB1.2 in E:\my games\D&D\EB. This folder contains the normal data from both 1.1 and 1.2, but there will be no reference at all to either 1.1 or 1.2, it says EB only.

I'll put this in small letters because it may confuse you...

Cyrus
03-22-2009, 16:41
God in what language do i have to tell you I did that?What Mediolanicus said is exactly what I did....
Maybe this will be clearer:I installed RTW in E:\my games\D&D
I Installed EB 1.1 in E:\my games\D&D
Then installed EB 1.2 in E:\my games\D&D I just called 1.2, 1.2 so i have 1 folder for 1.1 and another for 1.2 in the same location
Ok?
PS sorry if that was rude
Oh and sorry about that double post, i had no idea it was there. Plus Med would you explain what you meant in the small letters?

Raygereio
03-22-2009, 16:55
Erm, okay. You installed everything into "E:\my games\D&D". Check.
Now, how did you end with a different folders for 1.1 and 1.2? Both 1.1 and 1.2 should be installed in "E:\my games\D&D\EB" if you did that.

One question before I give up; in the EB1.2 installer, did you remove the 'First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this' ?

Mediolanicus
03-22-2009, 16:57
God in what language do i have to tell you I did that?What Mediolanicus said is exactly what I did....
Maybe this will be clearer:I installed RTW in E:\my games\D&D
I Installed EB 1.1 in E:\my games\D&D
Then installed EB 1.2 in E:\my games\D&D I just called 1.2, 1.2 so i have 1 folder for 1.1 and another for 1.2 in the same location
Ok?
PS sorry if that was rude
Oh and sorry about that double post, i had no idea it was there. Plus Med would you explain what you meant in the small letters?

And in what language do we have to tell you that you can't have 2 folders!!???

"i have 1 folder for 1.1 and another for 1.2 in the same location"

This is your problem!

Do as I've said in my previous post and install EB correctly.
With installing in the same location we mean installing everything in E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War.

You'll end up with 1 EB folder inside E:\my games\D&D\Rome- Total War.

That's 1 folder, not 2 like you have now. And that folder is called EB.
And NOT EB 1.1, NOR EB 1.2.

Cyrus
03-22-2009, 17:22
Jeez, man how many problems for just an install....
Ok sorry i misunderstood,but med i would like to redirect your attention to a previous post of yours:"Second, if you have an EB folder in your EB folder, you can delete that. This means you've installed EB 1.2 into E:\RTW\EB. You cannot install EB 1.2 in EB 1.1, you must install EB 1.2 on EB 1.1. This means you have to install EB 1.2 to the same place you installed EB 1.1. In your case this would be to E:\RTW."
So this is not making any sense..... I have to put 1.2 inside 1.1? or what, cause med you said that they had to be all in D&D and not one in the other but that's what your saiying now......:dizzy2:
And:"Now, how did you end with a different folders for 1.1 and 1.2? Both 1.1 and 1.2 should be installed in "E:\my games\D&D\EB" if you did that.

One question before I give up; in the EB1.2 installer, did you remove the 'First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this' ?" I called the folder for 1.2 eb1.2, and yes i did remove the wrighting.
Wait i think i get what the problem is. You see when i tell the installer to put 1.2 in the folder where rtw.exe is i call it 1.2 so that i can distinguish it from 1.1, so in the end i have in the same D&D folder: rtw.exe, EB1.1, eb1.2 all together, and i thought that's what bovi said before...
Sorry guys for gving you so much troble and i apologize for my rudeness before.:shame:

Mediolanicus
03-22-2009, 20:30
Jeez, man how many problems for just an install....
It's really simple unless you keep making it impossible for yourself.

Ok sorry i misunderstood,but med i would like to redirect your attention to a previous post of yours:"Second, if you have an EB folder in your EB folder, you can delete that. This means you've installed EB 1.2 into E:\RTW\EB. You cannot install EB 1.2 in EB 1.1, you must install EB 1.2 on EB 1.1. This means you have to install EB 1.2 to the same place you installed EB 1.1. In your case this would be to E:\RTW."
So this is not making any sense..... I have to put 1.2 inside 1.1? or what, cause med you said that they had to be all in D&D and not one in the other but that's what your saiying now......:dizzy2:
And:"Now, how did you end with a different folders for 1.1 and 1.2? Both 1.1 and 1.2 should be installed in "E:\my games\D&D\EB" if you did that.

What I was saying is that you can only have 1 EB folder, called EB. yours being E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War\EB.

If you have more than 1 EB folder in E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War,
or if you have an EB folder in E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War\EB,
then you are WRONG

One question before I give up; in the EB1.2 installer, did you remove the 'First select your RTW where EB1.1 is, then remove this' ?" I called the folder for 1.2 eb1.2, and yes i did remove the wrighting.
Wait i think i get what the problem is. You see when i tell the installer to put 1.2 in the folder where rtw.exe is i call it 1.2 so that i can distinguish it from 1.1, so in the end i have in the same D&D folder: rtw.exe, EB1.1, eb1.2 all together, and i thought that's what bovi said before...
Sorry guys for gving you so much troble and i apologize for my rudeness before.:shame:

NOOOOO

How many times, Cyrus? Really, listen to people when they say something. Don't rename anything!!! You'll always end up having two folder then...

Installing EB 1.1: target : E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War
Installing EB 1.2: target: E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War

Look at it. There are THE SAME!

What you have done WRONG: You installed EB1.1 and then you've got E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War\EB. You renamed that to E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War\EB1.1, Right?
When you installed EB1.2 you installed in E:\my games\D&D\Rome - Total War\EB1.2. Right?

That means you have 2 EB folders. EB 1.2 doesn't work then. For all it matter you could install EB 1.2 on Mars and it would have as much effect as where you've put it now...

I really can't get it much clearer than this...

Cyrus
03-22-2009, 20:48
Oh..................................:wall:
Whuups....................Ok well i'll do it again. Holy shi£ that was so simple....................:furious3:
Well thank you very much Mediolanicus.

Cyrus
03-22-2009, 23:43
Holy shit it finally works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh4::laugh4::laugh4::laugh4:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees thank you all so much!:2thumbsup::bow:

Cyrus
03-23-2009, 00:37
Well i haven't even had 5 minutes of playing that already problems have started.:wall:
I'm doing a mak campaign on H\M with BI.exe, so all the fixes should be already installed (but i'm not shure as i installed BI before 1.2). After the first turn every single general i have becomes a client ruler, I'll explain after i hit end turn for the first time every single general i had(exepting the one i just adopted) had the"you must choose his path" or something trait, i doubt that's normal, but what's weird is that even my FL is now an allied general. WTF!?!?!?! after 5 months i finally get it to work and i emediately get problems:wall::wall::wall:
Please can anyone help?
Oh and i noticed i can't make shield walls anymore.....weird.

Raygereio
03-23-2009, 09:22
Readme's is something other people read, right?

First of all; EB1.1 savegames are not compatible with EB1.2. So if you're playing EB1.2, start a new campaign.
Secondly; if you're using Ferromancer's installer (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=95664) to play EB on BI.
You first have to install EB1.1, then EB1.2, then lastly use Ferromancer's installer (make sure you use Ferromancer's latest version).

Again; install everything in the same RTW folder, don't rename anything, don't muck around with different folders.

Cyrus
03-23-2009, 17:45
1) I know i guess i forgot to say i started a new campaign.
2) I read everithing there is on the install
3) I uninstalled it all over again and if it works
4) you don't need to be so rude
5) since it now works fine and i started a new campaign without any probelms i thank you all again for all the help

bovi
03-24-2009, 13:31
4) you don't need to be so rude
Honestly, it's rather hard not to be rude when one has to repeatedly hammer a simple point which has been addressed about a zillion times in this thread. It's exasperating.

Cyrus
03-24-2009, 23:48
Ok i'll admit i didn't understand the problem, but it was only because yall never completely explained what i had to do, what i did was when i put as a path E:\my games\D&D the program gave me a message that said that the folder already existed and if i wanted to save eb 1.2 in there anyway, i emediately thought that message meant it would overwrite the existing eb folder and i would lose the entire program. That was my problem, yall never specifically said that and that is what lead to my confusion, i apreaciate of course all the help and don't wanna seem ungreatful (because i'm not), but had you(bovi) said this in the first place(5 months ago) i would not have exasperated yall with my incomprehension.
Again i don't wanna seem ungreatful, so again thank you very much for all your help.:2thumbsup: