PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Garnier
03-06-2009, 17:58
What dates do gunpowder and the compass become available? And are there any other events that can be used in "27 Invention requirements for building Label" in the build_prod?

And also, is it possible in some way to make buildings not get sacked and destroyed when you take a province? This severely hurts the AI's teching ability since whenever they lose their provinces they go back 20 some years of buildings..

And another question, after I start a campaign, is there any way to tell which difficulty I chose? I intended to choose expert but have forgotten.. I'm not sure anymore..

caravel
03-06-2009, 18:50
What dates do gunpowder and the compass become available? And are there any other events that can be used in "27 Invention requirements for building Label" in the build_prod?
Compass is something like 1170 and Gunpowder is the mid to late 1200s sometime (sorry can't remember the exact date).

Unfortunately Gunpowder and Compass are the only two hardcoded events. The compass event is actually pointless as all of the ships requiring shipyards that depend upon it are high era (1205) anyway. If you want to give the compass event some meaning, then set those ships to all periods availability you should be able to build those ships in 1170.

And also, is it possible in some way to make buildings not get sacked and destroyed when you take a province? This severely hurts the AI's teching ability since whenever they lose their provinces they go back 20 some years of buildings..
Unfortunately that can't be done (how I wish it could). The only non destructible building is the land clearance from VI (in fact I think there is one other from VI but I can't remember it offhand). That one is hardcoded to be indestructible. So if you want a building that cannot be destroyed, use that one.

And another question, after I start a campaign, is there any way to tell which difficulty I chose? I intended to choose expert but have forgotten.. I'm not sure anymore..
Well there's no way to tell as far as I know. In general with Expert the AI will be very difficult to rout due to the moral bonus they get, so start fighting a few battles and you'll know soon enough.

As this thread discusses mainly modding issues: Moved to the Engineers Guild.

:bow:

Axalon
03-07-2009, 03:30
It is impossible to remember everything, especially if “you” kind of operate under circumstances like Naga and myself who most of the time are working on special and deviating versions of MTW apart from the original. You tend to get a bit rusty on the standard trivia after a while. I’ll fill in some of the blanks here as I’m sure Naga would return the favor if the roles were reversed.

The date for gunpowder is set to 1260. However, these dates (compass and gunpowder) do deviate slightly from time to time, about 1-3 years/turns. Anything above that and something is seriously wrong in the game.

As for the level-thing, just as already pointed out. However, if you do have save from your first turn. Load it up and check your florins: 4000 expert/6000 hard/8000 normal/10000 easy (the standard values for MTW). That is the only way of knowing for sure. :wink2:

- Cheers
------------
Naga, I didn’t know about the non destructible aspect of “land clearing”. Perhaps you could find out which one was the other and post it up in a separate thread here or something. I’m sure there are plenty of people who would find that little piece of info interesting, apart from Garnier here, as it strikes me as relatively unknown.

gollum
03-07-2009, 16:04
Originally posted by Garnier

Actually its not that bad - before the v2.0/v2.1 the AI factions would autopillage lands that they d conquered from each other. In VI indeed the AI factions do not autopillage when they fight among themselves. The only time the autopillaging happens is between the player and AI factions and vice versa.

If you want to modify this aspect - you might wanna make the higher level fortifications cheaper and quicker to be built - there is less autopillaging from the Ring Walled castle and onwards.

This however might require balancing in order to restore some of the tech tree depth and/or not mess up the Glorious Achievements goals that are associated with Citadels (like say the Krak de Chevaliers and the Alhambra).

In general if you want the AI to respond better to human player early attacks (that are devastating since they catch him unprepared) make sure to slowshift the pace at which troops become available in early/newly conquered provinces. Typically troops produced from forts plague the AI performance because they give the chance to the player to rush him cheaply and comfortably while they leave the AI with stacks of units that are underperforming like the Slav Javs, Slav Warriors, Jobbagy. In my view provincial troops should be slightly better than decent, available only to local factions and vailable to from 1-3 provinces (otheriwse they overrride core units). Units like Steppe Heavies and Armenian Heavies are almost cheats since they are too cheap to recruit and maintain, and too easily available for their stats, while junk units like Woodsmen, plague the AI factions that prefer them due to low recruit and meintenance costs making their early stacks, that are critical for later progression, a pushover.

The other aspect that needs calibrating is mercenaries - in my view they are too much of an advantage for the player and need either removing or have only junk units available or very few elite units from few provinces (like the Almughavars and Alans) so the player cannot exploit them for easy early rushes that win him the game essentially in 30 turns.

In light of this - making sure that the tech tree yields a decent amount of units available to the human and AI factions that are proportional to the time/money that that particular tech tree bracnh requires is critical to improving AI performance overall througout the game and most particularly in the early stages that the *butterfly effect* (sensitivity to initial conditions) can take place. This is why early garissons and early units need to be carefully thought out - to ensure that AI faction fights are not predictable.

Garnier
03-07-2009, 16:11
I've done a lot to make the game harder, using INNs as the AI's free 200% farming income building that I simply don't use. (this means no mercenaries of course as well).

That and making trade worse and giving 100% import income.. and other stuff.

Now I wonder, would it be possible to use the land clearance building as the Castle building in the main campaign, or would that only be available in the Viking campaign?

If it were possible to make castles not get sacked, this would be really nice.

caravel
03-07-2009, 16:37
You can use the land clearance in the main campaign yes. I've never tried making it upgradeable though so I cannot testify if that works but you can use it for any other single buildings.

gollum
03-07-2009, 16:53
While Mr Nagamasa will disagree - the 100% import doesnt fix anything - since the player that usually has most fleets and the most stable network gets it too. This means that you benefit more the player with high import percents than balance the trade income out.

One of the things that generally goes unnoticed - is AI factions king influence.

This is one aspect of the game that the GA mode has an advantage over domination in terms of AI performance. This is because certain factions (the best example of which is Hungary) get the GA homeland influence bonus every 25 years. Usually even large AI faction empires fall victime to low king influence - and that is a major game breaker (much less challenge).

On top of this the AI faction personnality setting is paramount together with the king influence aspect. The expansionist, naval_expansionist, crusader, crusader_trader, trader for Catholics and the expansionsit, devout for Muslims as well as the expansionsit, stagnant for Orthodox are AI faction killers.

The expansionist AI personalities focuses AI faction on constant attacks - so much so that it burns them out (and also does not leave developed lands behind for the ones that do conquer them eventually).

The crusader AI personalities, are litterally a curse for the long term as they set Crusading as a focus. AI crusades often fail and this in turn instigates civil wars that destroy a blossoming French kingdom or HRE say. This actually is a very significant long term effect and i noticed it while playing GA camaigns to the end. The end rival whoever i played in GA mode were the Hungarians (unless i played one of their immediate neighbours like the Byz or HRE). This is because the Hungarians are set to CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE, cannot crusade and do take the homeland GA points (they start with them) that yield influence so they always have the best chances of survival.

Actually the DEFENSIVE AI personnality is the Best for AI factions unless they start too small and/or surrounded (say Turks, Danes, Novgorodians and Aragonese in early). For all other factions that have enough starting land/income DFENSIVE is best long term. In Defensive the AI factions do still crusade, but not as assiduously as when set to Crusader. They use more sense and when they do Crusade they have more focus as it is apparently regarded as a luxury and its done only when the AI is really rich and stable.

For the Turks ain early (as example of situation) EXPANSIONIST is best - time is against them otherwise. Thewill get swallowed by their powerful neighbours if they just sit back.

For the Danes, Novgorodians and Aragonese EXPANSIONIST is also best (otherwise they fade out - too low starting income). Otherwise they get swallowed.

To Asai Nagamasa; the DEFENSIVE AI personality also handles shipping better than any other AI personality in vanilla - it builds sensible amounts even when it expands the trade network and covers its coasts as a priority. So for the Sicilians actually DEFENSIVE is also the best long term. They have less chances to win the game (they expand much slower) but in the few cases that their empire does pick up its more stable - it doesnt easily disintergrate.

The equivalent of DEFENSIVE for Muslims is PEACEFUL. DEVOUT muslims make too many Jihads that melt them through influence hits. EXPANSIONIST burns them out. For the Almohads and Egyptians PEACEFUL is best in early.

All in all try setting everyone unless too small or sandwitched between powerful neighbours like the Turks in DEFENSIVE, particularly in long games - challenge should rise.

caravel
03-07-2009, 17:04
While Mr Nagamasa will disagree - the 100% import doesnt fix anything - since the player that usually has most fleets and the most stable network gets it too. This means that you benefit more the player with high import percents than balance the trade income out.
It may come as a surprise to you gollum-san, but I'd actually worked this out quite some time ago. Trade and shipping in MTW doesn't work, period. The only solution to the problem IMHO is to take out sea trade and shipping altogether. This gives a more balanced campaign with more realistic expansion of territories and individual theatres of conflict.

If you're going to go for an increased import tax, then 100% is probably too high. The player can spam fleets and build realistic trade routes - the AI has unlinked fleets dotted around all over the map doing nothing.

gollum
03-07-2009, 17:25
Originally posted by Asai Nagamasa
It may come as a surprise to you gollum-san, but I'd actually worked this out quite some time ago. Trade and shipping in MTW doesn't work, period. The only solution to the problem IMHO is to take out sea trade and shipping altogether. This gives a more balanced campaign with more realistic expansion of territories and individual theatres of conflict.

Oh no it doesnt, i just thought that you regard high import still a good idea if one wishes to play with the naval aspect on - removing shipping and trade altogether is a very good way to go - i am certain that there is a lot to be explored down that route.

Garnier
03-08-2009, 00:52
Hmm, this is interesting. I agree about naval trade, it really never did work and you've given me courage to try removing it.

And Gollum, that information about the AI personalities is really helpful, I am definitely going to try that out as well. However, I was under the impression that AI personalities changed during the game, am I confusing something?

How exactly would you go about removing sea trade, I can only imagine it would be necessary to remove all trade entirely, is this correct? I don't know of a way to only stop sea trade.
While trade is an interesting part of the game it works terribly and inevitably benefits the human over the AI.

I am going to hold off on starting another campaign for now as I try figure out how to make things work better.

caravel
03-08-2009, 02:10
Hmm, this is interesting. I agree about naval trade, it really never did work and you've given me courage to try removing it.

And Gollum, that information about the AI personalities is really helpful, I am definitely going to try that out as well. However, I was under the impression that AI personalities changed during the game, am I confusing something?

How exactly would you go about removing sea trade, I can only imagine it would be necessary to remove all trade entirely, is this correct? I don't know of a way to only stop sea trade.
While trade is an interesting part of the game it works terribly and inevitably benefits the human over the AI.

I am going to hold off on starting another campaign for now as I try figure out how to make things work better.
To stop sea trade you would have to stop all trade entirely, because as soon as a trader is built and a shipping link exists, trade occurs. The simple way to do this would be to remove goods and traders and assign a decent fixed income to ports.

The, somewhat different, approach I have gone for is to remove all shipping and keep ports, traders and trade goods intact. This stops the ridiculous "high speed" movement of army stacks all over the map and eliminates overseas trade altogether. Instead of sea trade you exploit the "local trade" income as a means of generating income per province based on the goods present. You would have to increase the value of the goods somewhat to make them worthwhile and perhaps add more goods, especially to landlocked provinces, to balance it out. The "local trade income" will then generate florins based on the goods and level of the trader built. Ports are retained and agents can still move from port to port.

Garnier
03-08-2009, 02:33
So you removed ships entirely. That's a good idea, really. Could you save me some time by posting the relevant code you use in the EARLY period startpos? As far as the trade goods in provinces and their values, is concered.

gollum
03-08-2009, 04:06
Originally posted by Garnier

Not that i know of. In STW and STW/MI AI personalities did indeed change with the ascent of a new daimyo as head of the clan - and teh faction behaved differently.

However in MTW/VI observation says that the AI faction personality is retained to the end of the game. EXPANSIONIST factions do behave expansionistically till game over etc.

caravel
03-08-2009, 14:07
These are the standard trade goods in MTW Vanilla:

DeclareTradegoods:: "GLASSWARE" 40
DeclareTradegoods:: "WOOD" 20
DeclareTradegoods:: "FURS" 40
DeclareTradegoods:: "WINE" 40
DeclareTradegoods:: "WOOL" 30
DeclareTradegoods:: "SILK" 40
DeclareTradegoods:: "COTTON" 30
DeclareTradegoods:: "LINEN" 30
DeclareTradegoods:: "WAX" 20
DeclareTradegoods:: "HONEY" 40
DeclareTradegoods:: "SALT" 20
DeclareTradegoods:: "HIDES" 30
DeclareTradegoods:: "BUTTER" 20
DeclareTradegoods:: "POTTERY" 30
DeclareTradegoods:: "FISH" 20
DeclareTradegoods:: "SPICES" 50
DeclareTradegoods:: "GEMS" 50
DeclareTradegoods:: "SUGAR" 40
DeclareTradegoods:: "DYES" 50
DeclareTradegoods:: "IVORY" 40
DeclareTradegoods:: "OLIVEOIL" 30
DeclareTradegoods:: "GRAIN" 30

Without actual sea trade you'd be looking at increasing those to perhaps double their value to ensure that trading posts are worthwhile. e.g.

DeclareTradegoods:: "GLASSWARE" 80
DeclareTradegoods:: "WOOD" 40
DeclareTradegoods:: "FURS" 80

You may also want to reduce the cost of building the traders slightly, though this depends on how you balance the income. You don't want to outlay 1000 florins on something that returns a pittance, neither do you want a structure that is too cheap to build and gives large returns.

Setting the trade goods per province is easy, just open Early.txt startpos file (or High.txt or Late.txt) and find this section:

SetTradableGoods:: ID_ANJOU SILK LINEN
SetResources:: ID_ALGERIA GOLD
SetTradableGoods:: ID_ANJOU LINEN SILK
//SetResources:: ID_ANTIOCH
SetTradableGoods:: ID_ANTIOCH SILK SPICES GEMS
SetResources:: ID_AQUITAINE SALT
SetTradableGoods:: ID_AQUITAINE WINE
SetResources:: ID_ARAGON IRON
SetTradableGoods:: ID_ARMENIA SILK SPICES GEMS
SetResources:: ID_AUSTRIA COPPER
SetResources:: ID_BAVARIA SALT
SetResources:: ID_BOHEMIA IRON SILVER
SetTradableGoods:: ID_BOHEMIA LINEN
SetResources:: ID_BRANDENBURG COPPER
SetTradableGoods:: ID_BRANDENBURG LINEN GRAIN
SetTradableGoods:: ID_BRITTANY LINEN
SetTradableGoods:: ID_BULGARIA GRAIN
SetTradableGoods:: ID_BURGUNDY WINE
SetResources:: ID_CARPATHIA COPPER SILVER IRON
SetResources:: ID_CASTILE IRON
SetTradableGoods:: ID_CASTILE SILK
SetTradableGoods:: ID_CHAMPAGNE GRAIN
SetTradableGoods:: ID_CONSTANTINOPLE SILK GRAIN DYES
SetTradableGoods:: ID_CORDOBA SILK HIDES
SetResources:: ID_CORSICA SALT
SetTradableGoods:: ID_CRIMEA GRAIN
SetResources:: ID_CROATIA SILVER COPPER
SetTradableGoods:: ID_DENMARK BUTTER FISH
SetTradableGoods:: ID_EDESSA SILK SPICES GEMS
//SetResources:: ID_EGYPT
SetTradableGoods:: ID_EGYPT COTTON IVORY
SetTradableGoods:: ID_FINLAND FURS
SetTradableGoods:: ID_FLANDERS GRAIN SILK WOOL
SetResources:: ID_FRANCONIA IRON
SetTradableGoods:: ID_FREISLAND WOOL
SetTradableGoods:: ID_GENOA SILK
SetResources:: ID_GRANADA SILVER
SetTradableGoods:: ID_GREECE SILK
SetResources:: ID_HUNGARY COPPER IRON
SetTradableGoods:: ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE GRAIN
SetTradableGoods:: ID_IRELAND WOOL
SetTradableGoods:: ID_KHAZAR WAX HONEY HIDES
SetTradableGoods:: ID_KIEV LINEN GRAIN
SetResources:: ID_LEON IRON
SetTradableGoods:: ID_LEON WOOL
SetTradableGoods:: ID_LITHUANIA WOOD BUTTER HIDES
SetTradableGoods:: ID_LIVONIA WOOD BUTTER
SetTradableGoods:: ID_LORRAINE POTTERY LINEN
SetTradableGoods:: ID_MERCIA WOOL
SetTradableGoods:: ID_MILAN SILK
SetTradableGoods:: ID_MOLDAVIA GRAIN
SetResources:: ID_MOROCCO GOLD
SetTradableGoods:: ID_MOROCCO HIDES
SetTradableGoods:: ID_MUSCOVY FURS
SetTradableGoods:: ID_NAPLES OLIVEOIL SILK
SetResources:: ID_NAVARRE IRON
SetTradableGoods:: ID_NICAEA GRAIN
SetResources:: ID_NORTH_UMBRIA COPPER
SetTradableGoods:: ID_NORTH_UMBRIA WOOL FISH
SetTradableGoods:: ID_NORWAY FISH WOOD
SetTradableGoods:: ID_NOVGOROD FURS WOOD
SetTradableGoods:: ID_POLAND GRAIN WOOD
SetResources:: ID_POMERANIA SALT
SetTradableGoods:: ID_POMERANIA GRAIN LINEN
SetResources:: ID_PORTUGAL SALT
SetTradableGoods:: ID_PORTUGAL WAX OLIVEOIL
SetTradableGoods:: ID_PRUSSIA WAX
SetTradableGoods:: ID_RYAZAN HIDES
SetResources:: ID_SARDINIA SILVER SALT
SetResources:: ID_SAXONY SALT
SetTradableGoods:: ID_SAXONY GRAIN
SetResources:: ID_SERBIA GOLD
SetTradableGoods:: ID_SICILY SILK SUGAR GRAIN
SetTradableGoods:: ID_SILESIA WOOD
SetTradableGoods:: ID_SMOLENSK WOOD
SetResources:: ID_SWABIA SALT
SetTradableGoods:: ID_SWABIA WINE
SetResources:: ID_SWEDEN COPPER IRON
SetTradableGoods:: ID_SWEDEN FURS FISH WOOD
SetTradableGoods:: ID_SYRIA GEMS
SetResources:: ID_TOULOUSE SALT
SetTradableGoods:: ID_TOULOUSE SILK
SetTradableGoods:: ID_TRIPOLI SUGAR COTTON
SetResources:: ID_TUNISIA GOLD
SetResources:: ID_TUSCANY IRON
SetTradableGoods:: ID_TUSCANY WOOL
SetTradableGoods:: ID_VALENCIA SILK
SetTradableGoods:: ID_VENICE GLASSWARE SILK WOOL
SetTradableGoods:: ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA FURS
SetTradableGoods:: ID_VOLHYNIA WOOD
SetResources:: ID_WALES COPPER
SetTradableGoods:: ID_WESSEX WOOL

To change the trade goods you simple need to add the required good to the line for that province e.g:

SetTradableGoods:: ID_ANJOU SILK LINEN
SetResources:: ID_ALGERIA GOLD
SetTradableGoods:: ID_ANJOU WINE LINEN SILK
//SetResources:: ID_ANTIOCH
SetTradableGoods:: ID_ANTIOCH SILK SPICES GEMS

To remove shipping simply make shipyards only buildable by the rebels in crusaders_build_prod13.txt. to do this add the following to column 20 row 33:

"{FN_REBEL},{FN_REBEL},{FN_REBEL},{FN_REBEL}"

Then make ships unbuildable by adding "NO_FACTION" against each ship type in column 50 of crusaders_unitprod11.txt.

Next find the "MakeUnit" section in your startpos file and look for lines like this, placing ships in provinces:

MakeUnit:: ID_GENOA Galley 1

Comment those lines out as follows:

//MakeUnit:: ID_GENOA Galley 1

Also do the same with any shipyards listed against "MakeBuilding".

The next stage is to landbridge the islands to the mainland, but that's a whole new discussion. Assuming that you're working on Vanilla where no I would suggest:

Ireland -> Wales/Scotland

Corsica -> Genoa/Tuscany

Crete -> Greece

Malta -> Sicily

Cyprus -> Antioch

Rhodes -> Nicaea

Garnier
03-08-2009, 14:25
Oh, sorry I wasn't clear. I know how to do all that of course, what I was asking was if you had the code you use for the trade goods in each province (as in the entire list of province trade goods). I have no idea on regional accuracy and didn't feel like making all that up myself. If you've not done it yet either don't worry about it.

caravel
03-08-2009, 18:09
I see... well I haven't finished assigning trade goods as yet. When I have you are free to download the next version of the mod and have a look at the startpos file.

Belisario
03-08-2009, 19:44
You could consult "The Cambridge economic history of Europe, Volume II, Trade and industry in the Middle Ages" in Google Books or a library. It has a lot of information about medieval commerce. An historical atlas which contained some maps about trade could be useful in helping to set the proper tradable goods in their respective regions.

Garnier
03-08-2009, 20:25
Well, I've gone ahead and made the landbridges where you suggested them. I played a game as Italy for a while and it appeared to work fine. Here's the border info code that I added in:

SetBorderInfo:: ID_SCOTLAND ID_IRELAND 0 0 0 LUSH AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_WALES ID_IRELAND 0 0 0 LUSH AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_IRELAND ID_WALES 0 0 0 LUSH AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_IRELAND ID_SCOTLAND 0 0 0 TEMPERATE AT_WESTERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_CRETE ID_GREECE 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_GREECE ID_CRETE 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_NICAEA ID_RHODES 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_RHODES ID_NICAEA 0 0 0 ARID AT_EASTERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_ANTIOCH ID_CYPRUS 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_CYPRUS ID_ANTIOCH 0 0 0 ARID AT_ISLAMIC COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_TUSCANY ID_CORSICA 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_GENOA ID_CORSICA 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_CORSICA ID_GENOA 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_CORSICA ID_TUSCANY 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_SICILY ID_MALTA 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER
SetBorderInfo:: ID_MALTA ID_SICILY 0 0 0 ARID AT_SOUTHERN_EUROPEAN COAST HILLY NO_RIVER

And here's all of my neighbors code (the additions are mixed in to keep the provinces in order):

SetNeighbours:: ID_SCOTLAND ID_IRELAND ID_NORTH_UMBRIA ID_NORTH_SEA ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC ID_IRISH_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_NORTH_UMBRIA ID_MERCIA ID_SCOTLAND ID_NORTH_SEA ID_IRISH_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_MERCIA ID_NORTH_UMBRIA ID_WALES ID_WESSEX ID_NORTH_SEA ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL ID_IRISH_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_WALES ID_IRELAND ID_MERCIA ID_WESSEX ID_IRISH_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_WESSEX ID_MERCIA ID_WALES ID_FLANDERS ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL ID_IRISH_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_IRELAND ID_WALES ID_SCOTLAND ID_IRISH_SEA ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC
SetNeighbours:: ID_NORWAY ID_SWEDEN ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA ID_SKAGERRAK
SetNeighbours:: ID_SWEDEN ID_DENMARK ID_NORWAY ID_SKAGERRAK ID_BALTIC_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_DENMARK ID_SWEDEN ID_SAXONY ID_SKAGERRAK ID_NORTH_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_FINLAND ID_NOVGOROD ID_BALTIC_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_NOVGOROD ID_FINLAND ID_LIVONIA ID_LITHUANIA ID_SMOLENSK ID_MUSCOVY ID_BALTIC_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_MUSCOVY ID_NOVGOROD ID_SMOLENSK ID_CHERNIGOV ID_RYAZAN ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA ID_MUSCOVY ID_RYAZAN ID_KHAZAR
SetNeighbours:: ID_LIVONIA ID_NOVGOROD ID_LITHUANIA ID_BALTIC_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_SMOLENSK ID_NOVGOROD ID_LITHUANIA ID_CHERNIGOV ID_MUSCOVY
SetNeighbours:: ID_RYAZAN ID_CHERNIGOV ID_KHAZAR ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA ID_MUSCOVY
SetNeighbours:: ID_CHERNIGOV ID_LITHUANIA ID_KIEV ID_PEREYASLAVL ID_KHAZAR ID_RYAZAN ID_MUSCOVY ID_SMOLENSK
SetNeighbours:: ID_LITHUANIA ID_LIVONIA ID_PRUSSIA ID_VOLHYNIA ID_KIEV ID_CHERNIGOV ID_SMOLENSK ID_NOVGOROD ID_BALTIC_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_PEREYASLAVL ID_CHERNIGOV ID_KIEV ID_KHAZAR
SetNeighbours:: ID_KHAZAR ID_CHERNIGOV ID_PEREYASLAVL ID_KIEV ID_CRIMEA ID_GEORGIA ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA ID_RYAZAN ID_BLACK_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_KIEV ID_LITHUANIA ID_VOLHYNIA ID_MOLDAVIA ID_CRIMEA ID_KHAZAR ID_PEREYASLAVL ID_CHERNIGOV ID_BLACK_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_CRIMEA ID_KIEV ID_KHAZAR ID_BLACK_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_VOLHYNIA ID_PRUSSIA ID_POLAND ID_MOLDAVIA ID_KIEV ID_LITHUANIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_PRUSSIA ID_POMERANIA ID_POLAND ID_VOLHYNIA ID_LITHUANIA ID_BALTIC_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_MOLDAVIA ID_POLAND ID_CARPATHIA ID_WALLACHIA ID_BULGARIA ID_KIEV ID_VOLHYNIA ID_BLACK_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_CARPATHIA ID_HUNGARY ID_WALLACHIA ID_MOLDAVIA ID_POLAND
SetNeighbours:: ID_WALLACHIA ID_CARPATHIA ID_HUNGARY ID_BULGARIA ID_MOLDAVIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_BULGARIA ID_HUNGARY ID_SERBIA ID_GREECE ID_CONSTANTINOPLE ID_MOLDAVIA ID_WALLACHIA ID_BLACK_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_HUNGARY ID_BOHEMIA ID_AUSTRIA ID_CROATIA ID_SERBIA ID_BULGARIA ID_WALLACHIA ID_CARPATHIA ID_POLAND
SetNeighbours:: ID_POLAND ID_POMERANIA ID_BRANDENBURG ID_SILESIA ID_BOHEMIA ID_HUNGARY ID_CARPATHIA ID_MOLDAVIA ID_VOLHYNIA ID_PRUSSIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_POMERANIA ID_SAXONY ID_BRANDENBURG ID_POLAND ID_PRUSSIA ID_BALTIC_SEA ID_SKAGERRAK
SetNeighbours:: ID_BRANDENBURG ID_SAXONY ID_FRANCONIA ID_SILESIA ID_POLAND ID_POMERANIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_SILESIA ID_BRANDENBURG ID_FRANCONIA ID_BOHEMIA ID_POLAND
SetNeighbours:: ID_BOHEMIA ID_FRANCONIA ID_BAVARIA ID_AUSTRIA ID_HUNGARY ID_POLAND ID_SILESIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_SAXONY ID_FREISLAND ID_FRANCONIA ID_BRANDENBURG ID_POMERANIA ID_DENMARK ID_NORTH_SEA ID_SKAGERRAK
SetNeighbours:: ID_FREISLAND ID_FLANDERS ID_LORRAINE ID_FRANCONIA ID_SAXONY ID_NORTH_SEA ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL
SetNeighbours:: ID_FLANDERS ID_WESSEX ID_NORMANDY ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE ID_CHAMPAGNE ID_LORRAINE ID_FREISLAND ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL
SetNeighbours:: ID_NORMANDY ID_BRITTANY ID_ANJOU ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE ID_FLANDERS ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL
SetNeighbours:: ID_BRITTANY ID_AQUITAINE ID_ANJOU ID_NORMANDY ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL
SetNeighbours:: ID_FRANCONIA ID_FREISLAND ID_LORRAINE ID_SWABIA ID_BAVARIA ID_BOHEMIA ID_SILESIA ID_BRANDENBURG ID_SAXONY
SetNeighbours:: ID_LORRAINE ID_FLANDERS ID_CHAMPAGNE ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE ID_BURGUNDY ID_SWABIA ID_FRANCONIA ID_FREISLAND
SetNeighbours:: ID_CHAMPAGNE ID_FLANDERS ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE ID_LORRAINE
SetNeighbours:: ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE ID_NORMANDY ID_ANJOU ID_BURGUNDY ID_LORRAINE ID_CHAMPAGNE ID_FLANDERS
SetNeighbours:: ID_ANJOU ID_BRITTANY ID_AQUITAINE ID_TOULOUSE ID_BURGUNDY ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE ID_NORMANDY
SetNeighbours:: ID_AQUITAINE ID_BRITTANY ID_NAVARRE ID_ARAGON ID_TOULOUSE ID_ANJOU ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY
SetNeighbours:: ID_TOULOUSE ID_AQUITAINE ID_ARAGON ID_PROVENCE ID_BURGUNDY ID_ANJOU ID_GULF_LIONS
SetNeighbours:: ID_PROVENCE ID_TOULOUSE ID_GENOA ID_MILAN ID_BURGUNDY ID_LIGURIAN_SEA ID_GULF_LIONS
SetNeighbours:: ID_BURGUNDY ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE ID_ANJOU ID_TOULOUSE ID_PROVENCE ID_MILAN ID_TYROLIA ID_SWITZERLAND ID_SWABIA ID_LORRAINE
SetNeighbours:: ID_SWABIA ID_LORRAINE ID_BURGUNDY ID_SWITZERLAND ID_TYROLIA ID_BAVARIA ID_FRANCONIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_BAVARIA ID_FRANCONIA ID_SWABIA ID_TYROLIA ID_AUSTRIA ID_BOHEMIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_SWITZERLAND ID_BURGUNDY ID_TYROLIA ID_SWABIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_TYROLIA ID_SWABIA ID_SWITZERLAND ID_BURGUNDY ID_MILAN ID_VENICE ID_AUSTRIA ID_BAVARIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_AUSTRIA ID_BAVARIA ID_TYROLIA ID_VENICE ID_CROATIA ID_HUNGARY ID_BOHEMIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_CROATIA ID_VENICE ID_SERBIA ID_HUNGARY ID_AUSTRIA ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_SERBIA ID_CROATIA ID_GREECE ID_BULGARIA ID_HUNGARY ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_GREECE ID_CRETE ID_CONSTANTINOPLE ID_BULGARIA ID_SERBIA ID_MIRTOON_SEA ID_IONIAN_SEA ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN ID_AEGEAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_CONSTANTINOPLE ID_BULGARIA ID_GREECE ID_NICAEA ID_TREBIZOND ID_SEA_MARMARA ID_AEGEAN_SEA ID_BLACK_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_CRETE ID_GREECE ID_SEA_CRETE
SetNeighbours:: ID_RHODES ID_NICAEA ID_DODECANESE_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_GEORGIA ID_KHAZAR ID_TREBIZOND ID_ARMENIA ID_BLACK_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_ARMENIA ID_TREBIZOND ID_RUM ID_SYRIA ID_GEORGIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_RUM ID_TREBIZOND ID_ANATOLIA ID_LESSER_ARMENIA ID_EDESSA ID_SYRIA ID_ARMENIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_LESSER_ARMENIA ID_ANATOLIA ID_ANTIOCH ID_EDESSA ID_RUM ID_EASTERN_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_EDESSA ID_RUM ID_LESSER_ARMENIA ID_ANTIOCH ID_SYRIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_TREBIZOND ID_CONSTANTINOPLE ID_NICAEA ID_ANATOLIA ID_RUM ID_ARMENIA ID_GEORGIA ID_BLACK_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_NICAEA ID_RHODES ID_CONSTANTINOPLE ID_ANATOLIA ID_TREBIZOND ID_AEGEAN_SEA ID_DODECANESE_SEA ID_EASTERN_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_ANATOLIA ID_NICAEA ID_LESSER_ARMENIA ID_RUM ID_TREBIZOND ID_EASTERN_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_CYPRUS ID_ANTIOCH ID_EASTERN_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_ANTIOCH ID_CYPRUS ID_LESSER_ARMENIA ID_TRIPOLI ID_SYRIA ID_EDESSA ID_EASTERN_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_SYRIA ID_ANTIOCH ID_TRIPOLI ID_JERUSALEM ID_ARABIA ID_ARMENIA ID_RUM ID_EDESSA
SetNeighbours:: ID_TRIPOLI ID_JERUSALEM ID_SYRIA ID_ANTIOCH ID_NILE_COAST ID_EASTERN_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_JERUSALEM ID_SINAI ID_ARABIA ID_SYRIA ID_TRIPOLI ID_NILE_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_ARABIA ID_JERUSALEM ID_SINAI ID_SYRIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_SINAI ID_EGYPT ID_ARABIA ID_JERUSALEM ID_NILE_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_EGYPT ID_LIBYA ID_SINAI ID_NILE_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_LIBYA ID_TUNISIA ID_EGYPT ID_GULF_SIDRA ID_GULF_GABES ID_NILE_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_TUNISIA ID_ALGERIA ID_LIBYA ID_GULF_GABES ID_AFRIKA_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_ALGERIA ID_MOROCCO ID_TUNISIA ID_MOORISH_COAST ID_AFRIKA_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_MOROCCO ID_ALGERIA ID_GRANADA ID_CORDOBA ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR ID_ATLANTIC_COAST ID_MOORISH_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_GRANADA ID_CORDOBA ID_MOROCCO ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR
SetNeighbours:: ID_CORDOBA ID_PORTUGAL ID_MOROCCO ID_GRANADA ID_VALENCIA ID_CASTILE ID_LEON ID_GULF_VALENCIA ID_GULF_CADIZ ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR
SetNeighbours:: ID_PORTUGAL ID_CORDOBA ID_LEON ID_SPANISH_COAST ID_GULF_CADIZ
SetNeighbours:: ID_LEON ID_PORTUGAL ID_CORDOBA ID_CASTILE ID_COSTA_VERDE ID_SPANISH_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_CASTILE ID_LEON ID_CORDOBA ID_VALENCIA ID_ARAGON ID_NAVARRE ID_COSTA_VERDE
SetNeighbours:: ID_VALENCIA ID_CASTILE ID_CORDOBA ID_ARAGON ID_GULF_VALENCIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_NAVARRE ID_CASTILE ID_ARAGON ID_AQUITAINE ID_COSTA_VERDE ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY
SetNeighbours:: ID_ARAGON ID_CASTILE ID_VALENCIA ID_TOULOUSE ID_AQUITAINE ID_NAVARRE ID_GULF_LIONS
SetNeighbours:: ID_CORSICA ID_TUSCANY ID_GENOA ID_SARDINIA ID_LIGURIAN_SEA ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_SARDINIA ID_CORSICA ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_GENOA ID_CORSICA ID_PROVENCE ID_TUSCANY ID_MILAN ID_LIGURIAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_MILAN ID_PROVENCE ID_GENOA ID_TUSCANY ID_VENICE ID_TYROLIA ID_BURGUNDY
SetNeighbours:: ID_VENICE ID_MILAN ID_TUSCANY ID_PAPAL_STATES ID_CROATIA ID_AUSTRIA ID_TYROLIA ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_TUSCANY ID_CORSICA ID_GENOA ID_ROME ID_PAPAL_STATES ID_VENICE ID_MILAN ID_LIGURIAN_SEA ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_PAPAL_STATES ID_TUSCANY ID_ROME ID_NAPLES ID_VENICE ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_ROME ID_NAPLES ID_PAPAL_STATES ID_TUSCANY ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_NAPLES ID_ROME ID_SICILY ID_PAPAL_STATES ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA ID_STRAITS_SICILY ID_IONIAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_MALTA ID_SICILY ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL
SetNeighbours:: ID_SICILY ID_MALTA ID_NAPLES ID_STRAITS_SICILY

SetNeighbours:: ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC ID_SCOTLAND ID_IRELAND ID_IRISH_SEA ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA ID_NORTH_SEA ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_IRISH_SEA ID_SCOTLAND ID_NORTH_UMBRIA ID_MERCIA ID_WALES ID_WESSEX ID_IRELAND ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA ID_NORWAY ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC ID_SKAGERRAK ID_NORTH_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_SKAGERRAK ID_NORWAY ID_SWEDEN ID_DENMARK ID_POMERANIA ID_SAXONY ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA ID_BALTIC_SEA ID_NORTH_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_BALTIC_SEA ID_SWEDEN ID_FINLAND ID_NOVGOROD ID_LIVONIA ID_LITHUANIA ID_PRUSSIA ID_POMERANIA ID_SKAGERRAK
SetNeighbours:: ID_NORTH_SEA ID_DENMARK ID_SAXONY ID_FREISLAND ID_MERCIA ID_NORTH_UMBRIA ID_SCOTLAND ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC ID_NORWEGIAN_SEA ID_SKAGERRAK ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL
SetNeighbours:: ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL ID_FREISLAND ID_FLANDERS ID_NORMANDY ID_BRITTANY ID_WESSEX ID_MERCIA ID_NORTH_SEA ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN ID_IRISH_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN ID_NORTH_ATLANTIC ID_IRISH_SEA ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY ID_COSTA_VERDE ID_SPANISH_COAST ID_GULF_CADIZ ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR ID_ATLANTIC_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY ID_BRITTANY ID_AQUITAINE ID_NAVARRE ID_ENGLISH_CHANNEL ID_COSTA_VERDE ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_COSTA_VERDE ID_NAVARRE ID_CASTILE ID_LEON ID_BAY_OF_BISCAY ID_SPANISH_COAST ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_SPANISH_COAST ID_LEON ID_PORTUGAL ID_COSTA_VERDE ID_GULF_CADIZ ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_CADIZ ID_PORTUGAL ID_CORDOBA ID_SPANISH_COAST ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN
SetNeighbours:: ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR ID_CORDOBA ID_GRANADA ID_MOROCCO ID_GULF_CADIZ ID_GULF_VALENCIA ID_WESTERN_MED ID_MOORISH_COAST ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN ID_ATLANTIC_COAST ID_ATLANTIC_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_WESTERN_MED ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR ID_GULF_VALENCIA ID_GULF_LIONS ID_LIGURIAN_SEA ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA ID_STRAITS_SICILY ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL ID_GULF_GABES ID_AFRIKA_COAST ID_MOORISH_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_VALENCIA ID_CORDOBA ID_VALENCIA ID_GULF_LIONS ID_WESTERN_MED ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR
SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_LIONS ID_ARAGON ID_TOULOUSE ID_PROVENCE ID_LIGURIAN_SEA ID_WESTERN_MED ID_GULF_VALENCIA
SetNeighbours:: ID_LIGURIAN_SEA ID_PROVENCE ID_GENOA ID_TUSCANY ID_CORSICA ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA ID_WESTERN_MED ID_GULF_LIONS
SetNeighbours:: ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA ID_TUSCANY ID_ROME ID_NAPLES ID_SARDINIA ID_CORSICA ID_STRAITS_SICILY ID_WESTERN_MED ID_LIGURIAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_STRAITS_SICILY ID_NAPLES ID_SICILY ID_TYRRHENIAN_SEA ID_IONIAN_SEA ID_CENTRAL_MED ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL ID_WESTERN_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL ID_MALTA ID_STRAITS_SICILY ID_CENTRAL_MED ID_GULF_SIDRA ID_GULF_GABES ID_WESTERN_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_GABES ID_LIBYA ID_TUNISIA ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL ID_GULF_SIDRA ID_AFRIKA_COAST ID_WESTERN_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_AFRIKA_COAST ID_TUNISIA ID_ALGERIA ID_WESTERN_MED ID_GULF_GABES ID_MOORISH_COAST
SetNeighbours:: ID_MOORISH_COAST ID_ALGERIA ID_MOROCCO ID_WESTERN_MED ID_AFRIKA_COAST ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR
SetNeighbours:: ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN ID_VENICE ID_CROATIA ID_SERBIA ID_GREECE ID_NAPLES ID_PAPAL_STATES ID_IONIAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_IONIAN_SEA ID_GREECE ID_NAPLES ID_ADRIATIC_OCEAN ID_MIRTOON_SEA ID_CENTRAL_MED ID_STRAITS_SICILY
SetNeighbours:: ID_CENTRAL_MED ID_IONIAN_SEA ID_MIRTOON_SEA ID_SEA_CRETE ID_NILE_COAST ID_GULF_SIDRA ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL ID_STRAITS_SICILY
SetNeighbours:: ID_GULF_SIDRA ID_LIBYA ID_CENTRAL_MED ID_NILE_COAST ID_GULF_GABES ID_MALTESE_CHANNEL
SetNeighbours:: ID_MIRTOON_SEA ID_GREECE ID_AEGEAN_SEA ID_SEA_CRETE ID_CENTRAL_MED ID_IONIAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_AEGEAN_SEA ID_CONSTANTINOPLE ID_NICAEA ID_GREECE ID_SEA_MARMARA ID_DODECANESE_SEA ID_SEA_CRETE ID_MIRTOON_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_SEA_MARMARA ID_CONSTANTINOPLE ID_BLACK_SEA ID_AEGEAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_BLACK_SEA ID_CRIMEA ID_KHAZAR ID_GEORGIA ID_TREBIZOND ID_CONSTANTINOPLE ID_BULGARIA ID_MOLDAVIA ID_KIEV ID_SEA_MARMARA
SetNeighbours:: ID_SEA_CRETE ID_CRETE ID_AEGEAN_SEA ID_DODECANESE_SEA ID_EASTERN_MED ID_NILE_COAST ID_CENTRAL_MED ID_MIRTOON_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_DODECANESE_SEA ID_NICAEA ID_RHODES ID_EASTERN_MED ID_SEA_CRETE ID_AEGEAN_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_EASTERN_MED ID_NICAEA ID_ANATOLIA ID_LESSER_ARMENIA ID_ANTIOCH ID_TRIPOLI ID_CYPRUS ID_NILE_COAST ID_SEA_CRETE ID_DODECANESE_SEA
SetNeighbours:: ID_NILE_COAST ID_TRIPOLI ID_JERUSALEM ID_SINAI ID_EGYPT ID_LIBYA ID_EASTERN_MED ID_SEA_CRETE ID_GULF_SIDRA ID_CENTRAL_MED
SetNeighbours:: ID_ATLANTIC_COAST ID_MOROCCO ID_ATLANTIC_OCEAN ID_STRAITS_GIBRALTAR

caravel
03-08-2009, 22:52
The landbridges will make all the difference, as they will prevent the AI getting cut off on the islands - so no more Byzantine reappearances on Crete with 10,000 men - and no port...

Without landbridges the islands are useless, in fact some of the islands are useless anyway such as Malta and Rhodes (all that they add is "flavour" and they may be worthwhile if you're adding crusader states factions to the game). I have removed those two and used the provinces elsewhere, but if you're keeping them the landbridges are a must - even if you still have shipping.

Garnier
03-12-2009, 02:59
I actually went on to add even more landbridges. I often play England and France, so I wanted their position to be more interesting. What I did was add even more landbridges on the following connections:

Wessex <-> Brittany
Ireland <-> Brittany
Wessex <-> Normandy
North Umbria <-> Denmark
Mercia <-> Friesland
Scotland <-> Norway

So far this has made the game far more interesting. As England, you can't just take Flanders and hold it easily because if you don't protect Wessex the French will invade behind you. They actually managed to drive me out of Wessex in my current game.

I am hoping to see the Danes use the opportunity to invade sometime. It makes England much more vulnerable, which is nice. Also as France, it would mean you have to defend all three of the English channel provinces to be truly safe from England.

caravel
03-12-2009, 17:55
I actually went on to add even more landbridges. I often play England and France, so I wanted their position to be more interesting. What I did was add even more landbridges on the following connections:

Wessex <-> Brittany
Ireland <-> Brittany
Wessex <-> Normandy
North Umbria <-> Denmark
Mercia <-> Friesland
Scotland <-> Norway

So far this has made the game far more interesting. As England, you can't just take Flanders and hold it easily because if you don't protect Wessex the French will invade behind you. They actually managed to drive me out of Wessex in my current game.

I am hoping to see the Danes use the opportunity to invade sometime. It makes England much more vulnerable, which is nice. Also as France, it would mean you have to defend all three of the English channel provinces to be truly safe from England.

Interesting idea. What I would say though is that with three French provinces linking to Wessex it is likely to be blitzed in a "Shinano" fashion by the French very early on in the campaign. This will wipe out the English capital and break their economy in a few years, effectively putting them out of the game. If you want contiguous English Territory it may be better to have the Normandy <-> Wessex landbridge and get rid of the landbridges to Flanders and Brittanny.

Raz
03-16-2009, 09:10
Perhaps you could make a few one-way land bridges leading out of Wessex into France, but only a single two-way land bridge going from say Normandy to Wessex. Thus allowing easy defense of the province but not constricting England's ability to lash out.