PDA

View Full Version : Makedonian PBM game

Maion Maroneios
03-09-2009, 13:20
As the title implies, this is a thread about a Makedonian PBM game that was discussed in another topic. To prevent the other topic being locked, I though it better to create a new one, exclusively to discuss this matter.

So, to cut to the main course, I'd like to know which of you folks are interested in such an attempt. I'll post here a list with all interested players.

Also I'd appreciate it if there is no spam or Roman-flaming posted here. Seriously, this might sound strange coming from me, but this whole Roman-hating thing is an inside forum joke started between me and satalexton. I understand I've crossed the limits now, so I'm behaving :tongue: Anyway, as I said, PLEASE no flame. That goes for you as well, satalexton. Seriously :clown:

Currently interested players:
_Bean_
HunGeneral
Tolg
everyone
Decimus
mini
Βελισάριος
Rilder
Lucio Domicio Auleriano
Skullheadhq

Link of relative thread located in he Throne Room:
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=2176192#post2176192

Maion

/Bean\
03-09-2009, 13:23
Yeah...I hate those Roman dogs...sign me up! Arr :pirate2:

But yeah, I would like to join pleasums...obviously

Maion Maroneios
03-09-2009, 13:29
Good. Note that I will start working on things like the title, rules etc. after I get an Interent connection at home, which will probably happen at the end of the week. Hopefuly, that is, for anyone who has ever lived in Greece for a considerable amount of time will know that 'time', in Greek terms, is something comletely relevant and subjective :clown:

Maion

HunGeneral
03-09-2009, 13:37
Well I would be interrested aswell - although I can only play EB on weekends I migh try this to see how one of these works and if it could fit into my time...:sweatdrop:

Maion Maroneios
03-09-2009, 13:40
No problems here, HunGeneral. It's still in a very premature state, more details will be discussed and shape will be given in due time. For the time being, I'm just adding all interested players to a list.

Maion

Tolg
03-09-2009, 13:43
Interested.

Expect a fun time making up for my fail as phalanx commander. :laugh4:

/Bean\
03-09-2009, 13:44
Mini will play as well no doubt

everyone
03-09-2009, 13:51
I'll just sign myself up first; although I would say that this might be very similar to WotB

Decimus
03-09-2009, 14:03
Sounds good :yes: I'm In

mini
03-09-2009, 14:07
Mini will play as well no doubt

QFT :balloon2:

Βελισάριος
03-09-2009, 14:24
Hey! What about me?

Maion Maroneios
03-09-2009, 16:57
I'll just sign myself up first; although I would say that this might be very similar to WotB
Might, but might as well not. That depends on us solely. Take in mind that both are Hellenistic factions, so there are bound to be similarities between the two games.

Hey! What about me?
Don't worry, Βελισάριος :beam:

Maion

mini
03-09-2009, 17:11
Might, but might as well not. That depends on us solely. Take in mind that both are Hellenistic factions, so there are bound to be similarities between the two games.

Maion

I hope not, wotb bores the crap out of me.

/Bean\
03-09-2009, 17:15
Really? Why? I haven't played it myself. I don't like to join things like where I wasn't there from the beginning.

Phalanx300
03-09-2009, 17:23
What exactly is the point of such a PBM game? :sweatdrop:

Is it like a shared campaign game or something?:dizzy2: (Such a attempt would ofcourse be futile as the Koinen Hellenon would totally destroy you guys:whip:)

Maion Maroneios
03-09-2009, 17:34
What exactly is the point of such a PBM game? :sweatdrop:

Is it like a shared campaign game or something?:dizzy2: (Such a attempt would ofcourse be futile as the Koinen Hellenon would totally destroy you guys:whip:)
Well, it's more like "the community" decides how the chosen faction will act. You can be an in-game character, a spy, a diplomat, an assassin, a Synedros, a Hetairos, a Philos, you name it. So you don't have to participate on the actual campaign per se, but you do get your share of shaping the future of your faction.

As for those perfume stinking, boy-loving Southrons, don't make me laugh :clown:

Maion

Rilder
03-09-2009, 18:02
I might be up for it I guess, I take it this is one of those "Not really a PBM game but more of a 1 person plays while the rest tell him what to do" PBM

mini
03-09-2009, 18:26
I hope it will be more like: each person takes a family member, does his move etc, and passes on the save game.

Then the elected faction leader ends the turn

this is the simplified version ;)

Phalanx300
03-09-2009, 18:54
Well, it's more like "the community" decides how the chosen faction will act. You can be an in-game character, a spy, a diplomat, an assassin, a Synedros, a Hetairos, a Philos, you name it. So you don't have to participate on the actual campaign per se, but you do get your share of shaping the future of your faction.

I see, some sort of role playing game, interesting, I might be interested in this if I know some more about it.:yes:

As for those perfume stinking, boy-loving Southrons, don't make me laugh

And this coming from Makedonians:clown:. And they would kick your asses :whip:, along with every other Poleis.:2thumbsup:

Maion Maroneios
03-09-2009, 19:28
I might be up for it I guess, I take it this is one of those "Not really a PBM game but more of a 1 person plays while the rest tell him what to do" PBM
Well, not exactly. You decide wether you actually participate in the game as an in-game character (and in that way you actually come to make decisions and be more 'active' in the shaping of the Basileion's future), or as a 'secondary' character of some sort, like a simple Synedros, or Hetairos etc., whose only job is to take part in the voting that is going to take place between the different situations that we are going to face.

Hope I made myself clear here :sweatdrop:

I hope it will be more like: each person takes a family member, does his move etc, and passes on the save game.

Then the elected faction leader ends the turn

this is the simplified version ;)
Each person doesn't have to chose a FM, it's up to their choise. But the rest remains the same like in WotB for example, like the Basileus being the only one with the privilege of ending a turn and his oppinions having the most influence etc, etc. But the rules will be further discussed when we get an official sub-forum for this. If, of course, someone is kind enough to tell me where to ask to get one :smash:

I see, some sort of role playing game, interesting, I might be interested in this if I know some more about it.:yes:
That's why this topic was made. Ask away, and I (or any other PBM-experienced player) can answer those for you.

And this coming from Makedonians:clown:
Yes, and what exactly are you implying? Seriously now, Makedones and southern Hellenes had differences when it comes to homosexuality. The latter were somewhat (if not quite more) stricter than the latter. Especially Athenaioi with their so-called "demokratia". :smash:

Maion

mini
03-09-2009, 19:29

There are currently 3 big PBM's going on already in the Throne Room

2 of them are working with EB :)
might want to check them out and lurk a bit, you might get an idea how things work :)

/Bean\
03-09-2009, 23:14
Each person doesn't have to chose a FM, it's up to their choise. But the rest remains the same like in WotB for example, like the Basileus being the only one with the privilege of ending a turn and his oppinions having the most influence etc, etc. But the rules will be further discussed when we get an official sub-forum for this. If, of course, someone is kind enough to tell me where to ask to get one :smash:

Maion

I like the idea that you dont have to be an FM; makes it a bit different and means players who dont have as much access or time do not let their character lose out.

For your own sub-forum, PM TinCow, he'll probs say let the threads run in the Throne Room until the game looks like it will carry on, and be worth the trouble of making a subforum.

Phalanx300
03-09-2009, 23:59
Yes, and what exactly are you implying? Seriously now, Makedones and southern Hellenes had differences when it comes to homosexuality. The latter were somewhat (if not quite more) stricter than the latter. Especially Athenaioi with their so-called "demokratia". :smash:

Well, you shouldn't speak like it was a Southern Greek only thing. All Greeks had something similar, Xenophon I believe said that the Spartans didn't had sexual intercourse with boys. Seeing as the Spartans had this mentor-student relations in which sex would be like doing it with your own child. Though apperantly it did happen if both really loved eachother. But yeah, weird stuff.:clown:

But then again, we haven't even started about the Makedonians.:smash:

Maion Maroneios
03-10-2009, 14:48
Yeah, I know Phalanx. Just stating some facts so that we don't get any flamewars or offensive debates here. Anyway :focus: please.

Maion

mini
03-11-2009, 11:19
So

is this still going to go through?

Maion Maroneios
03-11-2009, 11:23
Probably, yes. I need members now, who have the time and determination to keep this going once it starts. First, of course, I'm going to create a thread in the Throne Room.

Maion

mini
03-11-2009, 12:04
All those that quit are dirty romanoi's... :p

Maion Maroneios
03-11-2009, 13:07
All those that quit are dirty romanoi's... :p
:laugh4:

Maion

Rilder
03-11-2009, 19:33
I guess I'l take a general as long as its Vanilla EB 1.2, no mini-mods for it, one of the reasons I didn't join up with WOTB or whatever when it first started up.

Also, its Rilder, not Riddler.

I'M NOT A BLOODY RIDDLER. :whip:

/Bean\
03-11-2009, 20:46
Aww no...I sense a third RTW and EB installment coing for me...:yes:

Maion Maroneios
03-12-2009, 09:02
I guess I'l take a general as long as its Vanilla EB 1.2, no mini-mods for it, one of the reasons I didn't join up with WOTB or whatever when it first started up.

Also, its Rilder, not Riddler.

I'M NOT A BLOODY RIDDLER. :whip:
That will have to be discussed when a thread is created in the Throne Room. Right now, I have asked a guy (Emperor of Graal) if he wants to "merge" his Makedonian diplomacy game with this PBM one and make a larger PBM game with more members. After a thread is created, I will inform you guys and we will be able to discuss matters such as rules, which executable and/or mini-mods will be used etc.

As for your name, sorry dude I changed it :clown: I already thought there was something fishy about it.

Aww no...I sense a third RTW and EB installment coing for me...:yes
As I said, we will be the judge of that. And by we, I mean all members.

Maion

mini
03-12-2009, 10:17
well i have a clean 1.2 install for EB, so it's all fine by me :)

/Bean\
03-12-2009, 14:57
I don't, I use Lz3's mod compilation.

mini
03-13-2009, 09:14
Maion, get this show on the road man! :D

Maion Maroneios
03-13-2009, 12:18
Gotacha, don't worry a thread will be created very soon. I'm just expecting an answer from a guy at the Throne Room to see if he wants his own to-be Makedonian diplomacy game to merged with this one.

Maion

mini
03-13-2009, 12:44
he already said in his own thread he doesnt mind merging :p

Maion Maroneios
03-13-2009, 12:53
he already said in his own thread he doesnt mind merging :p
Excellent! Just saw this and sent him a PM, so I will wait for his final word. If we get the ok, I'll create a topic in the Throne Room where we can discuss various matters before the main game gets started.

I'm already getting excited with this :clown:

Maion

mini
03-13-2009, 13:29
I'm already getting excited with this :clown:

Maion

As long as you keep your pants on, it's :2thumbsup:

Rilder
03-13-2009, 14:19
As long as you keep your pants on, it's :2thumbsup:

But pants are bad for you!

mini
03-13-2009, 14:32
That's because I'm godly shaped.

Maion is not so lucky..

Skullheadhq
03-13-2009, 16:10
Oww this is a great idea. Can only play in weekend :(

mini
03-13-2009, 16:23
Oww this is a great idea. Can only play in weekend :(

Well keep in mind that you do not have to be able to play the GAME all the time.

Currently I'm playing this same concept, but as the romanoi. I've been playing it for 3 weeks and I've not even had to load the game 1 time :)

You can do much on the forum during the week without acces to the game :)

Βελισάριος
03-15-2009, 16:42
So... how do you go about having multiple installs of EB?

Is there a guide to this or something? Because, apparently, I'll need it.

/Bean\
03-15-2009, 23:31
I'll forward my PM to you.

EDIT: Damn, I got rid of it with all my other messages when my box filled up. You can get it off Decimus though, if you PM him.

Maion Maroneios
03-16-2009, 10:12
@ Mini: Due, I never wear pants. NEVER.

Maion

/Bean\
03-16-2009, 10:14
Is that trousers or underwear?

Personally I only wear shorts.. havent worn trousers for a year...tis fun in British winter

Maion Maroneios
03-16-2009, 10:17
Is that trousers or underwear?

Personally I only wear shorts.. havent worn trousers for a year...tis fun in British winter
Neither. Btw, sorry for delaying this but I'm getting no answer from Emperor of Graal so I have to wait for some more.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I'm going to create a thread anyway. I'll post the link here shortly.

EDIT2: Thread created, link is here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=2176192#post2176192

Maion

Maion Maroneios
03-18-2009, 20:31
OK dudes, things are getting started. Keep your eyes peeled here and at the TR as well, because the voting procejure as to what rules, executables etc. we are going to use will start soon.

Maion

Potocello
03-20-2009, 02:13
Ooo i am quite interested, although i would prefer if it were KH instead of Makedonia but i do know how you love the Maks, Maion.