PDA

View Full Version : Question about replays

goddom
03-10-2009, 00:00
Ok, I'm loving the game.....

One of the best things I've found is the "Context Camera" which allows you to see through the eyes of any of your soldiers... And follow cannon balls as they're fired, in slo-mo (Squeeeeee)!

Yeah I love it..

It's a weird question but is there a way to do this in any saved replays? I have a brilliant one saved which I'd love to view through the eyes of anyone.... Just figure out how.. You can't select any units in the replay..

This feature is perfect for the replays any one know how to do it? or any modders able to allow it? My battles are taking much longer as i'm spending a good deal of time viewing it through the eyes of the artillary.... probably should be ordering people to do stuff

Merdan
03-10-2009, 00:12
hi,

where can i find the context camera and why i can´t load the replys? Can not find the button for the replys.:help:

Can not write in english without a dictonary, sorry for that bad english!

goddom
03-10-2009, 00:16
The context camera is the insert key when you have any unit selected. then use the mousewheel to switch positions.

You find replays by going to the multiplayer menu and selecting "View Replays"

I'm sure that your english is better than my ability to speak any other language

Dayve
03-10-2009, 00:21
Don't bother with replays, they're broken. When you watch back a replay you're watching two AI controlled armies fight each other, you aren't actually watching a replay of the battle you saved.

Sir Beane
03-10-2009, 00:22
Welcome to the Org Merdan and goddom :2thumbsup:.

Merdan
03-10-2009, 00:27
The context camera is the insert key when you have any unit selected. then use the mousewheel to switch positions.

You find replays by going to the multiplayer menu and selecting "View Replays"

I'm sure that your english is better than my ability to speak any other language

You are open my eyes, thanks for the quick reply!

I´m searching all over the forums over the TW-Games and here i find the most answers!:idea2:

goddom
03-10-2009, 00:28
cheers Sir Beane,

I'm reletively certain that Replays arn't just an AI recreation. I watched one of mine the other night and the cannon shots where the same hit for hit.

Any Ideas about the context button tho?

It's really very sad but me and a housemate (also into ETW) had an idea for a drinking game where you pick a soldier and watch the battle though his eyes. different measures for different events. Needless to say, finish the bottle if he survives.

Sir Beane
03-10-2009, 00:40
cheers Sir Beane,

I'm reletively certain that Replays arn't just an AI recreation. I watched one of mine the other night and the cannon shots where the same hit for hit.

Any Ideas about the context button tho?

It's really very sad but me and a housemate (also into ETW) had an idea for a drinking game where you pick a soldier and watch the battle though his eyes. different measures for different events. Needless to say, finish the bottle if he survives.

I watched a replay that started out as a faithful recreation but rapidly went downhill. At the end of the battle my army had been crushed by the Martha forces. Interestingly when I fought the battle I won a Decisive Victory. It was odd to say the least. :sweatdrop:

ArtillerySmoke
03-10-2009, 01:09
Don't bother with replays, they're broken. When you watch back a replay you're watching two AI controlled armies fight each other, you aren't actually watching a replay of the battle you saved.

What do you mean?

It's a replay...

Sir Beane
03-10-2009, 01:11
What do you mean?

It's a replay...

See my post above for why that might not necessarily be the case...

ArtillerySmoke
03-10-2009, 02:29
I watched a replay that started out as a faithful recreation but rapidly went downhill. At the end of the battle my army had been crushed by the Martha forces. Interestingly when I fought the battle I won a Decisive Victory. It was odd to say the least. :sweatdrop:

That's very, very odd indeed.

We'll have to give this a closer look. I watched about 6 or 7 replays last night and didn't notice anything. Next time I sit down to play, I'll give it a closer look.

Dayve
03-10-2009, 06:55
What do you mean?

It's a replay...

No, the replays are broken like they were in Barbarian Invasion, until they were fixed.

If you fight a battle in a campaign against faction X, you win the battle and save the replay then go back and watch the replay.

When the replay starts you will see yourself positioning your units for the battle exactly as you did in the campaign. Your units and the enemy units will be exactly the same as they were in the battle, but once you finish deployment and the battle starts, that's where the replay stops.

From that point the game is showing you a battle between both sides controlled by the AI. You'll see your armies doing things you didn't do in the battle. The end result might even change, if you were originally the winner, you may be the loser in this.

Go save a replay and then watch it back, you'll see what i mean.

Ishmael
03-10-2009, 10:32
???
Whoa that is weird. Its a pretty big error to make, im suprised no testers found this. Hopefully next patch it'll be fixed.

knoddy
03-10-2009, 10:34
yes its broken my housemate told me of this epic battle he won as UP vs Spain when he was outnumbered 5 to 1 and just defended a hill top against a massive force, in the replay it all started out ok then he got smashed so go figure lol

Cheers Knoddy

KaLiMeRo168
03-10-2009, 12:00

EHH???????? So in short word my epic naval battle 9 vs 2, with 2 enemy ships going caboom will be never ever seen again????????????????????????????????

me wants cry, cry alot :(

Jong
03-10-2009, 13:22
Eh? My replays worked fine. At least the one I watched. I saw pretty much exactly what I did, such as taking cover behind low rise while withholding fire and using a unit camping behind a stone wall to flank them.

I'm pretty sure no AI could do that.

Are we talking about the same replay function? I found my replays under Multiplayer Local Area Network.

Sir Beane
03-10-2009, 13:33
Eh? My replays worked fine. At least the one I watched. I saw pretty much exactly what I did, such as taking cover behind low rise while withholding fire and using a unit camping behind a stone wall to flank them.

I'm pretty sure no AI could do that.

Are we talking about the same replay function? I found my replays under Multiplayer Local Area Network.

Yes we are. I have tested this thoroughly and while some replays may work others will show an entirely different battle to the one the player fought.

I saved a replay of my heroic victory against the Maratha. When I showed it to someone else it showed my army being smashed and swept from the field. That did not happen.

Try out a few more replays of big battles and you will see what we mean.

ArtillerySmoke
03-10-2009, 14:30
Yes we are. I have tested this thoroughly and while some replays may work others will show an entirely different battle to the one the player fought.

I saved a replay of my heroic victory against the Maratha. When I showed it to someone else it showed my army being smashed and swept from the field. That did not happen.

Try out a few more replays of big battles and you will see what we mean.

lol...."here check out this epic battle I won!!" "er, wait a second...that's not what happened, I swear!".

This definitely needs a fix in the next patch.

goddom
03-10-2009, 14:51
Yeah that is a cheap way of doing it huh!

anyway.......

Any Idea of how to use the context camera in these flawed replays?

ArtillerySmoke
03-11-2009, 03:02
Replay Bug: Confirmed.

After watching 20 or so replays, it's definitely a problem.

About halfway through the battle replay, the game will occassionally start displaying it's own version of what happened. Whoever said it's just two AI armies was right...and at times, the battle goes on it's own new AI vs. AI course of action.

I've had several battles that I won, where the replay showed it as a draw because the battle replay ended before the actual battle ended. Other times, it shows my general charging their entire main line, which I never do.

Confirmed. Needs a fix in the next patch.

Mr Frost
03-11-2009, 14:11
No, the replays are broken like they were in Barbarian Invasion, until they were fixed...
Ok , how the hell did you manage to save campaign battles in RTW , or was this just a B.I. thing {still don't remember any record button after campaign battles} ?

I remember reading about a console command to save M2TW battles that I found didn't work at all {error mesage every time} . I gave up on it eventually .