PDA

View Full Version : Orgah's in Aussie

The Stranger
03-12-2009, 11:16
hey guys, its been a while :) I'm doing a trip around the "world" or atleast a part of it. It's been great sofar :D I've been to china and New Zealand already! both for one month, awesome experience. I arrived in Sydney today. I'll be staying in Aussie for 3 months, traveling around Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra and Brisbane, and that whole area.

I was wondering wether there were any orgahs living there, or somewhere near those places that are willing to show me around, we could meet. Pevergreen has already agreed to show me around Brisbane, so thats great. If I recall correctly Gregoshi offered free beers for any orgah :P he lives in Australia right?

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to traveling around australia, its been a dream for years, and it comes true now!

pevergreen
03-12-2009, 11:20
Greg is American IIRC.

Most orgahs are Sydney (CA and Rythmic) or Brisbane (sapi and myself. We're even the same age :laugh4:)

Others don't frequent these parts much, but there should be Mikeaus (currywurry) in South Australia. I've seen one orgah in Western Australia. None that I can remember for Victoria or the Northern Territory.

If you somehow end up in Canberra, I'll hook you up with Zorg. Hes at uni down there.

Oh, actually, if you go to Melbourne, I might send you to a girl I know down there.

Raz
03-12-2009, 11:50
So the dream was to only visit the east coast? :inquisitive:
The west is awesome too, you really should try traveling around all of Australia, cruizin' the coastline highways if need be. Australia's south-west has absolutely amazing vineyards, and up in the north there's the Purnululu National Park which is just jaw-dropping if you've never seen anything like it beforehand.
The northern territory also claims Uluru, you can't say you've been to Australia without visiting the giant rock in the middle of the continent. That's like saying you've been to Egypt and haven't seen the pyramids!

Well anyway, hope you visit more than just the eastern states. Good for the city, not so good for the scenery (at least compared to the other states). ~:joker:

Fixiwee
03-12-2009, 12:01
I'm from Austria, your neighbourgh country. :square:

pevergreen
03-12-2009, 13:03
Just a clarification.

Australia is the country. We are Australians, or Aussies.

You can call Australia Aus (pronounced Auz, or Oz)

The Stranger
03-12-2009, 15:36
So the dream was to only visit the east coast? :inquisitive:
The west is awesome too, you really should try traveling around all of Australia, cruizin' the coastline highways if need be. Australia's south-west has absolutely amazing vineyards, and up in the north there's the Purnululu National Park which is just jaw-dropping if you've never seen anything like it beforehand.
The northern territory also claims Uluru, you can't say you've been to Australia without visiting the giant rock in the middle of the continent. That's like saying you've been to Egypt and haven't seen the pyramids!

Well anyway, hope you visit more than just the eastern states. Good for the city, not so good for the scenery (at least compared to the other states). ~:joker:

no my dream actually to ride through the outback on a horse, camping :) but i cant ride a horse and i have no money nor equipment to do such a trip... so ill do the eastcoast now, and come back later for the rest and my horsies ~:charge:

and thanx pever :) ill talk to you on msn

naut
03-14-2009, 02:13
Where abouts in Sydney are you staying?

pevergreen
03-14-2009, 02:46
AFAIK youth hostel/backpacker place or the like.

CountArach
03-14-2009, 03:02
You can add me to MSN if you like and we might sort out going to a pub or something.

naut
03-14-2009, 03:03
AFAIK youth hostel/backpacker place or the like.
Hehe, there are quite a few of those. :laugh4:

pevergreen
03-14-2009, 04:04
:laugh4:

When he told me he was coming, I started to keep an eye out for backpacker places. I found a street of them. Every building on the street.

It surprised me. It makes sense though, I guess.

The Stranger
03-14-2009, 07:27
I'm staying with friends of my father in North Rocks near Parramata. like 26 miles from sydney... takes about one hour with bus and train to get to Central Station Sydney.

I'll prolly stay in Sydney for one month and than go to brisbane

naut
03-14-2009, 10:10
Well I'm a Uni student so, I'm free always. :laugh4:

pevergreen
04-05-2009, 08:57
Just an update, TS has been playing E:TW on my laptop for a few hours, we are heading out to see watchmen!

:2thumbsup: photos later.

Fragony
04-05-2009, 12:02
hehe the absolute opposite part of the planet :2thumbsup:

pevergreen
04-05-2009, 13:06
The Stranger having his first look at E:TW.
https://img19.imageshack.us/img19/290/dsc01302e.jpg
The Stranger (front and centre), Twilightblade (Far left), map maker for them (second from left), The Amazing Me (Red shirt), Killfr3nzy (White shirt, guy who needs a haircut the most), hand of a lurker here.
https://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5818/dsc01303.jpg

Might be taking a day off work to go around, and maybe get a picture of his actual face. :laugh4: