PDA

View Full Version : You wanna know what don't make no damn sense? (AKA: Beer prices in DC suck.)

Reverend Joe
03-19-2009, 23:20
I'll tell ya what don't make no sense: that a 6-pack of Budweiser sells for the same price as a 12-pack of Milwaukee's Best, yet Milwaukee's Best tastes better. Plus Icehouse sells for $16 a 30, while every light beer is at least $20 a 30.

Damn Yankees got no sense. :dizzy2:

Sasaki Kojiro
03-19-2009, 23:31
a 6-pack of Budweiser sells for the same price as a 12-pack of Milwaukee's Best, yet Milwaukee's Best tastes better.

:stare::stare:

seireikhaan
03-19-2009, 23:54
I'll tell ya what don't make no sense: that a 6-pack of Budweiser sells for the same price as a 12-pack of Milwaukee's Best, yet Milwaukee's Best tastes better.
You crazy, man. The only thing Milwaukee's Best tastes better than is Nasty Ice.

Reverend Joe
03-20-2009, 15:03
:stare::stare:

:stare:

CountArach
03-20-2009, 15:05
:stare:
:stare::stare::stare:

Reverend Joe
03-20-2009, 15:28
:brood:

Apparently I'm not drinking the same Budweiser as everyone else, but the crap I drank once had no flavor except some bitterness and a hint of chemical aftertaste. At least Milwaukee's Best actually tastes like beer.

CountArach
03-20-2009, 15:48

Apparently I'm not drinking the same Budweiser as everyone else, but the crap I drank once had no flavor except some bitterness and a hint of chemical aftertaste. At least Milwaukee's Best actually tastes like beer.
:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Reverend Joe
03-20-2009, 16:57
:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

I'm just telling you what I drank. It's not my fault if Budweiser is worse than Milwaukee's Best.

CountArach
03-20-2009, 21:35
I'm just telling you what I drank. It's not my fault if Budweiser is worse than Milwaukee's Best.
To be honest I was just drunk and posting random things at you... I've never tried either and I never plan on it.

Andres
03-20-2009, 23:17
To be honest I was just drunk and posting random things at you... I've never tried either and I never plan on it.

:laugh4:

Anyway, what's the price of Stella in the US compared to your local stuff? I heard some stories about all Belgian beers being really expensive at the US.

Zim
03-20-2009, 23:22
It's about $7 a six pack where I live, sometimes closer to $6.

I always thought Budweiser and Milwaukee's Best were both about equally terrible. :laugh4:

~:cheers:

Hosakawa Tito
03-21-2009, 00:39
:laugh4:

Anyway, what's the price of Stella in the US compared to your local stuff? I heard some stories about all Belgian beers being really expensive at the US.

I just paid $6 a six pack for Stella at Walmart. I really like Sam Adams variety of beers. Their Summer Ale is very like Stella. Cream Stout, Brown Ale and Black Lager are also good.

Sarmatian
03-21-2009, 04:30

Why don't you spare your taste buds and drink something imported?

Sasaki Kojiro
03-21-2009, 04:33
Budweiser is probably my favorite beer...there's a reason it's so popular you know, it's **** tasty!

Fragony
03-21-2009, 16:14
I'll tell ya what don't make no sense: that a 6-pack of Budweiser sells for the same price as a 12-pack of Milwaukee's Best, yet Milwaukee's Best tastes better. Plus Icehouse sells for $16 a 30, while every light beer is at least $20 a 30.

But what about the beer you were reffering to?

KukriKhan
03-21-2009, 17:00

Where you at, Rev? Although Bud is a national brand, it's brewed, bottled and distributed locally (L.A. in my case). Maybe your local Bud brewer got some bad water?

-edit-
and yeah, the price of a 30-pack can vary store-to-store, and week-to-week, from $16 to $25. Same as Miller, Coors, MilBest, etc.

Yoyoma1910
03-21-2009, 17:27
Well, the best Budweiser isn't the American version by far.

You need to heck out the ancient and delicious Czech beer by the same name.

Really, it's the beer American Budweiser was named after.

KukriKhan
03-21-2009, 17:43
Meanwhile: Du'h me. "D.C." is in the thread title. LOL

Capital Eagle, Inc
2825 V Street NE
Washington, DC 20018
(202)526-4474

are the guys you wanna complain to about price and quality of Budweiser.

Yoyoma1910
03-21-2009, 17:48
Meanwhile: Du'h me. "D.C." is in the thread title. LOL

Capital Eagle, Inc
2825 V Street NE
Washington, DC 20018
(202)526-4474

are the guys you wanna complain to about price and quality of Budweiser.

Personally, if I were in D.C., I would write letters to my congressman... and maybe even El Presidente y los hombres.

Ice
03-21-2009, 19:37

Beast, as we call it here at school, is much worse than Budweiser. I don't know how you can even drink that stuff. I couldn't even shotgun (google if you are not sure) a beast it tasted so horrible.

KukriKhan
03-21-2009, 20:37
It's just Miller Genuine Draft, packed cheaper, with zero marketing budget.

Pannonian
03-21-2009, 20:50
Well, the best Budweiser isn't the American version by far.

You need to heck out the ancient and delicious Czech beer by the same name.

Really, it's the beer American Budweiser was named after.
The Czech version is sold under the name Budvar. I prefer the dark version.

Strike For The South
03-21-2009, 23:25
Shiner or Zeigen Bock.

drone
03-23-2009, 16:24
Beast is what got me through college. IIRC, Beast Light had more alcohol and tasted a little better than standard Beast. After one or two, the you won't even notice the taste. :2thumbsup:

Never been a fan of Bud, the aftertaste, hangover, and day-after toilet issues killed it for me. The aftertaste is due to the cans I believe, I don't notice it as much with bottled Bud. If you are on a budget, stick with Beast.

@ Kukri: I never knew Beast was "generic" MGD, interesting. :bow:

Reverend Joe
03-23-2009, 16:26
I found out last night that the Beast "Ice" costs the same and has more alcohol.

:2thumbsup:

KukriKhan
03-23-2009, 18:58
@ Kukri: I never knew Beast was "generic" MGD, interesting.

Full Disclosure: I'm not a beer chemist, nor a brewer or bottler. That info came to me via the local Miller/Bud/Coors distributor a couple years ago, back when I'd spend my free afternoons at Akiko's Bar and Grill, instead of here. We ran a few (quite a few) blind taste tests at the bar, and the results held up: un-labelled, guys couldn't tell the difference. So 'expert' testimony + experiment = assumption of truth. *hic* :laugh4:

Reverend Joe
03-23-2009, 23:15
I couldn't even shotgun (google if you are not sure) a beast it tasted so horrible.

Just why the hell would you think I don't know what shotgunning is?

And for your information, I drink it normally. I don't need to shotgun my Beast because I'm not a wuss.

drone
03-23-2009, 23:32
I found out last night that the Beast "Ice" costs the same and has more alcohol.

:2thumbsup:

Beast Ice came out about a year after I graduated. I could afford better at the time, but got together with some college drinking buddies soon after and tried it out. Not too bad, considering.

Zim
03-24-2009, 03:32
If I were forced to drink something like that or Budweiser I'd probably do it as quickly as possible and follow with something better to get rid of the aftertaste, and not because I thought the flavor was too strong... :laugh4:

I imagine there are probably things I like that would elicit the same reaction from some of the members here, though. :juggle2:

And for your information, I drink it normally. I don't need to shotgun my Beast because I'm not a wuss.

Ice
03-26-2009, 03:12

I was referring to everyone on this board. You are college student who drinks, right? I'd punch you in the face if you didn't know what shotgunning a beer meant.

It's not about being a wuss. That cheap crap is vile.

By the way, I take shots of 11 dollar per gallon vodka with no chaser. I bring this up because it seems I have to prove my manly drinking abilities to you. :beam:

Strike For The South
03-26-2009, 03:28
I was referring to everyone on this board. You are college student who drinks, right? I'd punch you in the face if you didn't know what shotgunning a beer meant.

If you can reach that high

Reverend Joe
03-26-2009, 18:37
It's not about being a wuss. That cheap crap is vile.
If you think Beast is vile, you've never had Keystone. Beast is far and away better than your average college beer (i.e. light beer) and it costs less to boot.

By the way, I take shots of 11 dollar per gallon vodka with no chaser. I bring this up because it seems I have to prove my manly drinking abilities to you. :beam:
...You drink that **** and then accuse me of having bad drinking taste? You have screwy priorities, man.

Ice
03-26-2009, 23:15
If you think Beast is vile, you've never had Keystone. Beast is far and away better than your average college beer (i.e. light beer) and it costs less to boot.

I've had both. Both are awful beers.

Natty Light is pretty bad, but I find it tastes more like water than bad beer, so i can usually drink it.

...You drink that **** and then accuse me of having bad drinking taste? You have screwy priorities, man.

I was making a point that I wasn't afraid to drink bad alcohol. No, I'm not the one deciding on the alcohol, and I was I would pick middle of the road stuff, not pure crap. My cheap friends buy it.

If you can reach that high

:sweatdrop:

Reverend Joe
03-27-2009, 02:06
I've had both. Both are awful beers.

Natty Light is pretty bad, but I find it tastes more like water than bad beer, so i can usually drink it.

You're lucky... light beer tastes like chemical waste to me.

Anyhow, I tried getting some Bud again, this time in bottles, and it didn't taste too bad. I suspect I got a bad batch the first time around, plus it was in cans which made it even worse. I still maintain, though, that the Beast ain't that bad. If you want genuinely bad beer, you have to go to light beer.