PDA

View Full Version : CTD Issue

Maleficus
03-22-2009, 21:09
I downloaded EB a few weeks ago, downloaded 1.2 and all the fixes as necessary. Played it, fine, no problem. Anyway, I've not played it since Empire came out. I went to play EB this morning, only to find it's started to enjoy CTDing.

I tried twice. The first time it got to the end of the RTW intro movie, CTD. :furious3:

The second time I got as far as picking a new faction to start as (I chose Baktria) then it started the EB intro bit (y'know, with the ruined temple, zooming into a fallen stone on the ground...). After about five seconds............. CTD :wall:

Does anyone know what is going on here? What can I do rectify this, short of downloading again?

Any :help: would be much appreciated.

McHrozni
03-22-2009, 22:07
Try switching movies to off with the trivial script.

McHrozni

Maleficus
03-23-2009, 02:00
What's the trivial script?

McHrozni
03-23-2009, 10:51
What's the trivial script?

It's the "Configuration" executable, that let's you change some settings - like whether or not you'd want naked units to be properly naked, or wear loincloth, lightning levels, single or multiplayer, movies on/off etc. It also lets you run EB from there.

You can opt out from it when you install EB, but it seems like a good thing to have :)

McHrozni

bovi
03-24-2009, 14:31
Also, run a validation. It will tell you if something has changed in your installation. It won't be able to tell you what kind of stuff any other applications or DRM you've installed has done to your system though.