PDA

View Full Version : RTW in widescreen?

RVM
03-25-2009, 21:44
I want to run RTW at 1280x800 on my widescreen laptop. I noticed that the scaling is off on the GUI. That's fine I suppose. Does anyone know if the actual maps and units scale properly to widescreen or if they also are stretched?

Thanks!

Quirinus
03-26-2009, 13:36
Widescreen is broken on RTW, I'm afraid. I also have a 1280x800 laptop, and was dismayed when I found out that the 1280x800 setting strecthes everything out of proportion.

Aemilius Paulus
03-26-2009, 23:14
Widescreen is broken on RTW, I'm afraid. I also have a 1280x800 laptop, and was dismayed when I found out that the 1280x800 setting strecthes everything out of proportion.
Hmm, weird. I also have the same laptop, and it does look bad, I admit, but when I turn on the "Widescreen" option in the Video Settings, everything seems normal to me :shrug:.

So, I have another question: I have a desktop, which I use for everything, including gaming. Whenever I play on my desktop, I have Anti-Initialising on. However, when I tried to play Europa Barbarorum and Alexander on my laptop, the turn on anti-initialising option is not available. On the video option, under ant-initialising, there is only one option: "anti-initialising off".

I would think that has something to do with the graphics card and its quality, but my desktop is from 2006, and although its processor and RAM is upgraded, the video card is the same, and it is also integrated (fused with the motherboard). My laptop, on the other hand, was purchased the autumn of 2008. Can it really be the graphics card?

SubRosa
03-29-2009, 07:29
Most likely the graphics card in your laptop does not support anti-aliasing.