PDA

View Full Version : AI Marians

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-05-2009, 02:57
Hi,

I changed EBBS to enable the Romans the Marians.

;Unconditional AI Reforms
monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType seleucid
and not FactionIsLocal
and I_CompareCounter Romanii_Reform = 1
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 10
if RandomPercent < 100
set_counter Romanii_Reform 2
terminate_monitor
end_if
end_monitor

Highlighted in red what I changed. The Romans are currently reduced to 11 Gallic settlements, but I didn't get the Marians. Shouldn't "RandomPercent < 100" mean that the chance to get them is 100%? Or is it because their Gallic settlements don't have the Polybian markers?

:huh:

bovi
04-05-2009, 14:41
That should work, except if they don't have the Polybian reform yet. RandomPercent < 100 means 99% chance, as if that random roll becomes 100 it won't hit. It really should happen in a turn or two.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-07-2009, 03:52
They still don't happen! The conditions for the "Marians" are met now for 3 consecutive turns.

The following questions turn up in my mind:
- do they need Roma or an Italian settlement for the Marians?
- do they need the Polybian markers present in their currently held settlements? -Currently they do not own any settlement with the Polybian markers

Also, the requirements for the Casse invasion are met since ~40 years. Still no sign of an invasion. It could have happened three times by now.

I'm not that good at maths, but I just calculated the chance for not having the Marians after three turns with a 99% chance of getting them is 1:1,000,000.

:sad: :huh:

bovi
04-07-2009, 08:06
I believe they should get Polybian markers in all settlements. Perhaps they don't have the Polybian reform yet.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-07-2009, 20:35
The Polybian Markers are in the cities they owned when these hit. Can they "loose" the Polybians again?

I will try and give them Ariminum for one turn back with FD. Gonna tell xou what happens then.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-08-2009, 03:56
So I gave Ariminum to them. Ariminum has the Polybian marker - but the Marians did not occur.

bovi
04-13-2009, 18:17
Then I don't know. You could of course temporarily change the script to instead read:

terminate_monitor
end_monitor
Then the monitor definitely should hit.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-13-2009, 22:36
OK, I copy & pasted your lines into my script. NO MARIANS.

bovi
04-15-2009, 12:19
So that means the problem is not in your trigger :shrug:.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-15-2009, 16:56
So you mean I can't help it? Could it be the problem that I use notepad?

(I have already downloades another editor but was too lazy to install)

Shadowwalker
04-16-2009, 00:31
I'm quite sure notepad is the problem.
I never got any changes to xxx.txt files to work in EB ... until I stopped using notepad.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-16-2009, 01:12
Well, in all other EB-Modding circumstances notepad works perfectly fine for me.

bovi
04-17-2009, 09:12
I have no more help to give here, sorry.

Mediolanicus
04-17-2009, 09:26
I'm quite sure notepad is the problem.
I never got any changes to xxx.txt files to work in EB ... until I stopped using notepad.

Changes to the script, EDU, EDB, files form inside data\text all go perfectly well with notepad.
When you use the trivial script you must remember to change the back up file too.

I only encountered problems with the EDCT, but possibly all the data files about traits and ancillaries require another text editor than notepad.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-17-2009, 19:17
When you use the trivial script you must remember to change the back up file too.
Ahem, what for a back up file? I thought the only "double" files were EDU and map.rwm. They're the only ones in sp game edu backup.

Mediolanicus
04-17-2009, 19:38
I was answering Shadowwalker with that.

I do have an idea now for your problem...

Try this:

and not FactionIsLocal
and I_CompareCounter Romanii_Reform = 1
and I_NumberOfSettlements seleucid > 10
if RandomPercent < 1
terminate_monitor
end_if
end_monitor

Or simply cut out the chance line... :shrug:

bovi
04-17-2009, 21:45
I do believe this trigger which he tried should hit 100% of the time:

terminate_monitor
end_monitor
I believe the problem does not lie in the trigger.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-19-2009, 20:01
I do believe this trigger which he tried should hit 100% of the time:

I believe the problem does not lie in the trigger.
Where could it lie then? Possiblities?

bovi
04-20-2009, 13:31
Well, the missing Polybian markers are a prime suspect. Which begs the question, why are they missing? I don't know.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-22-2009, 21:16
I gave the Romans Ariminum again, this time with Mediolanicus' proposal. Ariminum has the Polybian markers, but still no Marians.

The Marians are indicated by a marker like the Polybians, right? I think Poybian markers appear only in the Italian settlements, right?

MarcusAureliusAntoninus
04-23-2009, 20:51
You could try writing a script that simply places a single Marian reform marker in a single settlement at a certain date. When you end turn, the script should 'see' that single marker and spawn them elsewhere.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-25-2009, 01:30
:shrug: Simply asked, how do I write a script?

bovi
04-25-2009, 19:17
You take any monitor in the current script as template, and modify to what you want it to do.

Vasiliyi
04-26-2009, 08:29
Hey, I editted the script to get the marians early, and I think your taking the wrong approuch at this. Instead of changing the percent at which it may occur, change the number settlements you need to own. Just use the control+f function when ur in the scripts and type in "unconditional". Without the qoutation marks ofcourse. After searching through a few other ones you will find it saying something about needing 89 settlements. Well then you change 89 to whatever u want. If they have 11 settlements, type in 11, then they will only need one more. (I'm not sure why this is like this, but it is.) Anyways, I'm sorry if uve already tried this, but I think this should work.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
04-28-2009, 01:33
Thanks Vasiliyi but I already tried that.

I have given them the new units through the Celtic barracks they have in their cities. They don't want to build any kind of own barracks.

Thank you very much guys but I think I'll just leave it that way, and if the Romaioi manage to conquer Italia from me, I'm going back to that script thingie.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
05-23-2009, 03:40
Now the Marians are suddenly there! I didn't make anything in that regard - suddenly they got it.

I think I still have bovi's script change active, do I have to revert to the old one?

bovi
05-23-2009, 12:35
You should restore the old one, yes.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
05-24-2009, 23:05
I discovered a lvl 1 factional MIC and a unit of Vigiles, so they must have had the Marians since at least four turns (I had given up hope and didn't look there for a while). Do you think it somehow damaged the campaign? Is there a logical explanation why it did not instantaneously hit, but with delay?

bovi
05-25-2009, 16:34
I think your campaign should be alright. No idea about the delay either.

Centurio Nixalsverdrus
05-25-2009, 18:22
Thanks for the help anyway. :bow: