PDA

View Full Version : Can any faction change religion in BI?

Rhyfelwyr
04-09-2009, 18:09
As the WRE, I had a mix of Pagan and Christian generals, and could build pagan or christian buildings. However, as the Sassanids I only ever get Zoroastrian generals, and can only build Zoroastrian temples. Is it possible to get a Christian general, and will my faction religion change if he becomes the faction leader?

Quintus.JC
04-09-2009, 18:34
The Sassanids can't change their religion, while others can.

Rhyfelwyr
04-09-2009, 18:45
Do you know which ones can? My next campaign will be as the Huns...

Quintus.JC
04-09-2009, 19:16
Actually a lot of the factions in the game can built Pagan temples as well as able to convert to Christiantiy.

The Huns are a strict Pagan faction that can only build shrines to Chinglu and Ragrehs (and upgrades of course), the only other Pagan faction (playable without modding) that cannot convert are the Saxons.

Both Roman Empires are flexible on the religion issue. Notable barbarian factions that can convert to Christianity are the Franks and Alleminians. Most stepps factions can covert, with Goths, Vandals and Sarmartians all potenial christian factions.

Personally to me the Huns are technical backward and rather boring/easy to play as, the only thing attracting me to them is their army, but then again a good army roster is really the only thing a player needs to have fun. :yes:

Rhyfelwyr
04-09-2009, 22:31
Thanks for the detailed response! :2thumbsup:

I'm planning to play as all the playable factions in BI, then the unplayable ones in RTW (I played as the rest already), then move onto EB!

Looking forward to the summer! :beam:

Quirinus
04-10-2009, 02:55
I'm curious, what happens if, for example, as the Sassanids, you bribe a Christian/Pagan Roman general and make him your faction leader? What happens then?

Ibn-Khaldun
04-10-2009, 15:15
You will get a small happiness penalty in all your cities.

Rhyfelwyr
04-10-2009, 21:09
Oh well, now to pillage Europe as the Pagan Huns... :skull:

coalition
04-11-2009, 04:07
Actually a lot of the factions in the game can built Pagan temples as well as able to convert to Christiantiy.

The Huns are a strict Pagan faction that can only build shrines to Chinglu and Ragrehs (and upgrades of course), the only other Pagan faction (playable without modding) that cannot convert are the Saxons.

Both Roman Empires are flexible on the religion issue. Notable barbarian factions that can convert to Christianity are the Franks and Alleminians. Most stepps factions can covert, with Goths, Vandals and Sarmartians all potenial christian factions.

Personally to me the Huns are technical backward and rather boring/easy to play as, the only thing attracting me to them is their army, but then again a good army roster is really the only thing a player needs to have fun. :yes:

Have you been playing the game recently?

Quintus.JC
04-11-2009, 14:30
Have you been playing the game recently?

Unfortunately not, I gathered the info from past experiences. Although the Hun temple chains required a check.