PDA

View Full Version : I Was The Victim Of A Crime.

Strike For The South
04-11-2009, 15:44
AND I WANT JUSTICE.

Yesterday morning I went to my truck all happy and giddy to go home for easter and was greeted by an unlocked door (with a coat hanger on the ground) and wires right where a neat little radio used to be.

Thankfully they didn't break any windows or take anything else.

I drive a a 03 F-150 with about 6 dents in it. I think I was targeted because of my manual locks.

Oh well, you live and you learn.

Thermal
04-11-2009, 16:03
Bad luck :book:

Hosakawa Tito
04-11-2009, 16:37
That is unfortunate. Must have been a small time thief *a slim-jim is much more efficient*, probably kids looking to help bankroll a bag of weed or stealing for kicks. They were probably disappointed not to find a cellphone, laptop, etc... because just a car radio isn't really worth the bother. Check out your town's local pawn shop, you can probably find your radio there.

Jolt
04-11-2009, 16:44
I suppose if he's caught in Texas, he'll get the death penalty?

Vuk
04-11-2009, 16:51
Breaking into a Ford aught to be punishable by death. That is sacrilege!

Gregoshi
04-11-2009, 17:25
I suppose if he's caught in Texas, he'll get the death penalty?
Being IN Texas is the penalty. The death sentence is a release program. ~D

Anyway, back to a more Frontroomish level of commentary: that sucks Strike. Even if it was only a radio taken, the fact that someone felt they could invade your space and just take what is not theirs is quite disturbing.

Rhyfelwyr
04-11-2009, 17:33
Just eat lots of snack packs and you'll feel better.

Ramses II CP
04-11-2009, 18:52
Sucks. :(

Worst of all no one will ever be caught or punished, I guarantee the cops won't even bother to try.

We have a very high tolerance for petty crime in this country. It's really unfortunate.

:egypt:

Lemur
04-11-2009, 18:56
I love my little Wisconsin town. Nobody locks their cars. When you pass by the schools, all of the bicycles are racked up without chains or cables. Most folks don't even lock the doors on their homes.

And yet we do have drug problems, namely the crystal meth epidemic that is hitting pretty much all of rural America. I don't really know why property crime is such a non-issue here. It's not as though the population is homogeneous, and it's not like people from cities don't move here (witness the lemur clan).

Vuk
04-11-2009, 19:10
I love my little Wisconsin town. Nobody locks their cars. When you pass by the schools, all of the bicycles are racked up without chains or cables. Most folks don't even lock the doors on their homes.

And yet we do have drug problems, namely the crystal meth epidemic that is hitting pretty much all of rural America. I don't really know why property crime is such a non-issue here. It's not as though the population is homogeneous, and it's not like people from cities don't move here (witness the lemur clan).

lmao, you are in WI?! (I should have known because of the cheddar reference :wall:) lol, I never knew. :P When I get back to the States, maybe I will look you up some time. ~;) Which part of WI do you live in? I live in Portage county, in the center.

Caius
04-11-2009, 19:17
I get back to the States, maybe I will look you up some time.
I'd run to Russia. It's like Wisconsin, but not that cold (woad&fangs shameful reversal)

Vuk
04-11-2009, 19:45
I'd run to Russia. It's like Wisconsin, but not that cold (woad&fangs shameful reversal)

lol, you must come from WI too!

woad&fangs
04-11-2009, 20:06
Caius is from Argentina. I on the other hand am one of those Dane county nutjobs :freak:

Sorry to hear about your radio, Strike.:bow:

Vuk
04-11-2009, 20:14
Caius is from Argentina. I on the other hand am one of those Dane county nutjobs :freak:

Sorry to hear about your radio, Strike.:bow:

lol, of course I know where Caius is from. ~;) I was making a joke. Yeah, I heard bad rumors about you Dane county types...just stay away from me.
~;)

seireikhaan
04-11-2009, 21:29
Tough luck man. At least nothing else got stolen.

Reverend Joe
04-11-2009, 21:35
AND I WANT JUSTICE.

Yesterday morning I went to my truck all happy and giddy to go home for easter and was greeted by an unlocked door (with a coat hanger on the ground) and wires right where a neat little radio used to be.

I drive a a 03 F-150 with about 6 dents in it. I think I was targeted because of my manual locks.

Mother ******... if you find out who it is, get some friends together and deliver some frontier-style justice. (Be discreet about it, though, and don't get caught... maybe just break all his car windows or his computer or something.)

It really sucks that it was because you had manual locks that you got hit. I would prefer manual locks on my car, because I just don't trust something that can break and get me locked inside my car (luckily I have crank windows in case of that emergency) or, worse yet, outside of the car so the only way to fix the situation is to break my window. I would really hate to be punished for exercising basic safety and common sense.

Vuk
04-11-2009, 21:46
Mother ******... if you find out who it is, get some friends together and deliver some frontier-style justice. (Be discreet about it, though, and don't get caught... maybe just break all his car windows or his computer or something.)

It really sucks that it was because you had manual locks that you got hit. I would prefer manual locks on my car, because I just don't trust something that can break and get me locked inside my car (luckily I have crank windows in case of that emergency) or, worse yet, outside of the car so the only way to fix the situation is to break my window. I would really hate to be punished for exercising basic safety and common sense.

Better advice, if you find out who did it, go to the law. :yes: Do not become a criminal yourself.

Reverend Joe
04-11-2009, 22:00
Better advice, if you find out who did it, go to the law. :yes: Do not become a criminal yourself.

Well, only if he can prove it; stuff like this is usually impossible to prove.

Vuk
04-11-2009, 22:16

It is best NOT to break the law, period.

miotas
04-11-2009, 22:24
It is best NOT to break the law, period.

Definitely, just because they robbed you doesn't give you the right to perform criminal acts against them. The bible is a bad book to take advice from, an eye for an eye just leaves everyone blind.

That said, criminals need to be punished, but this should be done by the police.

Sasaki Kojiro
04-11-2009, 22:36

They say revenge is psychologically unsatisfying.

Reverend Joe
04-11-2009, 23:50

Well, they happen to be wrong.

And what's a Yankee know about all this anyhow?

Sasaki Kojiro
04-11-2009, 23:54

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19025285?ordinalpos=8&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

People expect to reap hedonic rewards when they punish an offender, but in at least some instances, revenge has hedonic consequences that are precisely the opposite of what people expect. Three studies showed that (a) one reason for this is that people who punish continue to ruminate about the offender, whereas those who do not punish "move on" and think less about the offender, and (b) people fail to appreciate the different affective consequences of witnessing and instigating punishment.

Reverend Joe
04-11-2009, 23:58
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19025285?ordinalpos=8&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

Just what I expected... what do them fancy-ass doctors know about anything anyhow? Not a damn thing, that's what. Anyhow, this guy deserves to be taught a lesson.

Crazed Rabbit
04-12-2009, 00:12
I feel your pain. Somebody robbed my motorcycle cover one night this winter - what a pain in the ***.

And earlier, me and a friend were robbed. Luckily, some other people who also got robbed caught the guy on his way back to his dorm, but they didn't hold him. That made me and my friend, a karate instructor, quite disappointed.

CR

Megas Methuselah
04-12-2009, 00:24

I find them psychologically enjoyable. :evilgrin:

Tough luck about the theft, Strike. So many jerks in this world, man.

Strike For The South
04-12-2009, 00:30

Agreed. Doctoring is way-overhyped. Bunch a fancy funny talkers think they know what's best for me?

Louis VI the Fat
04-12-2009, 00:37
I hate this sort of crime. Hope you'll find him and can go all Texan on his sorry ass.

Gregoshi
04-12-2009, 01:00
Doodle?

Lemur
04-12-2009, 01:55
lmao, you are in WI?! (I should have known because of the cheddar reference :wall:) lol, I never knew. :P When I get back to the States, maybe I will look you up some time. ~;) Which part of WI do you live in? I live in Portage county, in the center.
Portage, wooo, you're up on the same longitude as Green Bay. I'm down in southeast WI, Walworth County to be exact. We're the part of the state that has jobs and money.

(I have no idea if it's true or not, but a very smart longtime resident told me that if you chopped off the southeastern corner of Wisconsin, the average wage for the state would drop to $10 per hour. That makes us the high-rolling fat cats.)

Hooahguy
04-12-2009, 02:23
next time rig it so if theres a break-in the crooks get shot in the face by an M-4. thats what willie did in Bill Mauldins cartoon..
:beam:

KukriKhan
04-12-2009, 02:43
http://www.automotix.net/usedautoparts/2003-ford-f_150-radio_cd_player-inventory.html#OE847674N

^^link is to replacement OEM f-150 radios, from $75 to $300. Did the filthy lowlife scumbags snip the wires, or disconnect them? Just curious.

Back 20 years ago, I was just getting back on my feet financially - enough to buy a very used 280Z, after a couple years walking & taking teh bus. Within a week, neighborhood kids took it for a ride (who knew that any 'skinny' key would work the locks and ignition on a Datsun? not me) 'til the gas ran out - about 3 miles, LOL; I was poor then.

As a parting shot, they yanked the radio, taking half the dashboard with it. Apparently they had neither brains, nor a sharp cutting implement. The gaping hole haunted me for weeks, 'til I found a replacement in a junkyard for twenty bucks. I mean: I can carry a tune, sorta - but I forget the lyrics so often I just tell me to shut up after a few minutes. Yanno?

So yeah: been there, done that, feel for ya, Son. Let's get 'er fixed, and keep an eye out for local ne'erdowells (and get some 'stick'-type door lock knobs).

https://jimcee.homestead.com/2knobs.jpeg

Vuk
04-12-2009, 07:22
Portage, wooo, you're up on the same longitude as Green Bay. I'm down in southeast WI, Walworth County to be exact. We're the part of the state that has jobs and money.

(I have no idea if it's true or not, but a very smart longtime resident told me that if you chopped off the southeastern corner of Wisconsin, the average wage for the state would drop to $10 per hour. That makes us the high-rolling fat cats.)
That explains the political breakdown of WI a lot, and proves a certain long held stereotype wrong, but I will not talk about it in the Frontroom. ~;) :P lol Yeah, I think it is a lot colder in Portage though, so what you guys have in money, we make up for in tons of snow. :beam: Ok...maybe that isn't a good thing. :P

Definitely, just because they robbed you doesn't give you the right to perform criminal acts against them. The bible is a bad book to take advice from, an eye for an eye just leaves everyone blind.
That said, criminals need to be punished, but this should be done by the police.

hmmm...I would argue with you there, but I do not think the Frontroom is the place.

Strike For The South
04-12-2009, 08:00
http://www.automotix.net/usedautoparts/2003-ford-f_150-radio_cd_player-inventory.html#OE847674N

^^link is to replacement OEM f-150 radios, from $75 to $300. Did the filthy lowlife scumbags snip the wires, or disconnect them? Just curious.

Back 20 years ago, I was just getting back on my feet financially - enough to buy a very used 280Z, after a couple years walking & taking teh bus. Within a week, neighborhood kids took it for a ride (who knew that any 'skinny' key would work the locks and ignition on a Datsun? not me) 'til the gas ran out - about 3 miles, LOL; I was poor then.

As a parting shot, they yanked the radio, taking half the dashboard with it. Apparently they had neither brains, nor a sharp cutting implement. The gaping hole haunted me for weeks, 'til I found a replacement in a junkyard for twenty bucks. I mean: I can carry a tune, sorta - but I forget the lyrics so often I just tell me to shut up after a few minutes. Yanno?

So yeah: been there, done that, feel for ya, Son. Let's get 'er fixed, and keep an eye out for local ne'erdowells (and get some 'stick'-type door lock knobs).

https://jimcee.homestead.com/2knobs.jpeg

You are probably the most helpful man in all Orgah land.

They snipped the wires after they broke into the console with what looks like a flathead. There is a gaping hole in my dash that is filled with wires. Luckily they didn't cut the A.C. or the lights and didn't take any of my baseball equipment in the backseat. So I count myself lucky.

I'll get a radio eventually but right now cash flow is tight and car radio is not really high on my priorities.

tibilicus
04-12-2009, 11:19
AND I WANT JUSTICE.

There's an urban myth round where I live that if you steal a ford focus radio you can get sky TV..

Obviously it's BS but it seems some morons believe it due to the fact my dads car has been robbed 6 times, all for it's radio. Obviously he doesn't have one in his car any more and I keep my car in the garage now in case people get ideas about mine..

miotas
04-12-2009, 11:26
There's an urban myth round where I live that if you steal a ford focus radio you can get sky TV..

Obviously it's BS but it seems some morons believe it due to the fact my dads car has been robbed 6 times, all for it's radio. Obviously he doesn't have one in his car any more and I keep my car in the garage now in case people get ideas about mine..

How on earth could anyone possibly be stupid enough to think that a radio could display a TV channel? That just goes beyond moronic. The stupidity of some people is absolutely astounding.

tibilicus
04-12-2009, 11:45
How on earth could anyone possibly be stupid enough to think that a radio could display a TV channel? That just goes beyond moronic. The stupidity of some people is absolutely astounding.

Sure is, isn't even an isolated case. Someone I know got a Ford Focus on his 17th birthday, 2 days later same thing happened to him. As you can guess he was :daisy:...

Vuk
04-12-2009, 11:55
Sure is, isn't even an isolated case. Someone I know got a Ford Focus on his 17th birthday, 2 days later same thing happened to him. As you can guess he was :daisy:...

He was a flower?! :jawdrop:

tibilicus
04-12-2009, 11:58
He was a flower?! :jawdrop:

Just following the .org offensive word policy.. ~:wink:

Vuk
04-12-2009, 12:03
Just following the .org offensive word policy.. ~:wink:

I know, I am just :daisy: off. ~;)